Page 371 of 372 FirstFirst ... 271321346361362363364365366367368369370371372 LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 7428

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

https:Greetings!I was woundering if its possible to make that the treasury of destroyed factions have pass to its destroyers ?
    And in case of the capturing/looting/ sacking the enemy capiatal the fait of its money would be the same as I mentionaed above .
    Btw, I think that sacking of an avarage settlement should give the same amount of money as its looting, not only 1/3 as I remember.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex

technically it's possible but would just unbalance things, mostly for the player who'll start getting lot of money

Questions/concerns for 1.28:

The banditry penalties for the Greek Colony building for Bosphorus/Massalia seem especially harsh. Banditry in general is a fairly hard thing to get rid of especially at higher imperium levels, and one of the main methods is via military building. The fact that the Greek colony increases rather than decreases banditry only compounds the problems.

Why were thorax spears removed from Pergamon? Yes they do have their own version but it is class 1 population so it is kind of a nerf.

I don't like the 65% party influence level needed to transition to empire. Many factions such as the Parthians are strongly incentivized to have a low influence level, and late in the game it can be hard to meaningfully lower your influence back down again, this along with all the other (temporary) negatives makes transitioning to empire an unappealing prospect.

About AOR units needing the immigrant buildings to be recruited: I'm not sure how I feel about this. Its a pretty big nerf to their availability, not only requiring a precious building slot but the building itself reduces the crucial cultural dominance percentage of the province which affects so many things.

Overall however I like most of the changes in 1.2.8. Good job guys!

It may be a dumb question but will ask anyway. If I want to play vanilla empire divided campaign, is it safe to just disable dei from mod manager? I am afraid the files of a large mod as DeI may still affect game even if the mod is disabled from launcher. Don't want to unsubscribe/resubscribe every time I want to play different campaign and dei version of empire divided has some weird out of era units which also is kind of deal breaker for me.

Hi! For a unit of "Markmaniz Harjaz" ("land_units_onscreen_name_ger_mar_light_spearmen") in long descriptions is written "The Romans called them "frameanii" because they were equipped with a framea as their main weapon and nothing else …" ("unit_description_historical_texts_text_ger_mar_light_spearmen_Tooltip"). It is correct, or "framearii" has to be written?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Are you guys planning on resizing the hoplite shields by making them larger like the mod Hellenika does? They look more realistic with more of their body covered as per the evidence in vases etc.

I know DEI is already 4TPY and may I ask what correlations/modification have vs. vanilla, please ? I mean besides building cost, turn, attrition, movement points, replenishment, Points to get new level, Population growth and unit cost and upkeep is ANY OTHER ONES considered into DEI ?
    Cheers.

Hi! When translating political parties for Russian-speaking players (table __Political_Parties_DeI) when playing for Kartli, I could not find an analogue of the nobility for the "Khatarsian Nobles" party ("political _parties_name_localized_rom_kartli_council_7"). Tell this one to know which tribe or link, where can it be found?

Hi! I would like to clarify whether the name of the archers in these units is correctly written: "Dacii Sagitarii" ("land_units_onscreen_name_dac_late_archers"), "Sarmato-Dacii Sagitarii" ("land_units_onscreen_name_dac_late_elite_archers")? Or must be "Sagittarii"?

I'm noticing that population is not refunding if you select a unit to recruit and then cancel the recruitment. I could have sworn this was fixed in 1.27, or the 1.28 beta, but it's back it would seem.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    I'm noticing that population is not refunding if you select a unit to recruit and then cancel the recruitment. I could have sworn this was fixed in 1.27, or the 1.28 beta, but it's back it would seem.
    In my experience, the population does refund, but the number does not appear until the next turn. Sometimes saving/reloading the game will make the correct number appear.

I am not a regular on the forum so maybe I am repeating the question, if so please redirect.
    Is there any way for a faction that doesn't have certain units to have them available? For example to allow Norway to recruit units that they normally can't create. Is it enough to add faction name as owner in export_descr_unit?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex

Wrong game.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Semisalis

Is it possible to make the default Rome 2 main menu background accessible in DeI? I've always found it perfectly thematic, even better if the Total War Rome 2 logo is replaced by a DeI logo. All the DLC menus are available, but the default one is replaced by DeI's menu.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex

you'll have to do a new pack where you put all the backgrounds (ui>skins>default> stuff with fe_backdrop) as 100% transparent png

Semisalis

Hmm okay, thanks, I can try that though I've never made a pack before.

I'm playing an Atropatene campaign atm. In the beginning I was able to vassalize ("create satrapy") provinces, but after I confederated with another Persian faction and changed to Eranshahr, I seem to only be able to ally ("liberate") with conquered factions. Am I wrong in thinking that the confederation changed this, or am I just unlucky in so far conquering regions that for some other reasons can't be vassalized?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

The recruitment pools are kinda messed up in the Balkans even for AoR units. It is to be expected since there are at least 3 different cultures in the area, but nonetheless, it needs better balancing. You can't have the Scordisci recruiting archers from the 2nd class, warrior, when everybody else recruits them from the 3rd or AoR units like alpine swordsmen and cordinau orca from the warrior and elite classes, while the Greeks, the Getae and the Odrysian can recruit the same AoR units from the 4th class, foreigners.
    Last edited by Vladdy Daddy; September 15, 2021 at 05:14 PM.

I want to play Very Hard campaign but with no politics penalty. Which table should I look for to make the changes?

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Hi, I had a brief discussion about the recent changes to the Bosporus with KAM and I wanted to submit a request, he didn't really say yes or no so thought I'd post the request here..

So, I have always wanted a bodyguard unit for my general made up of horse archers and that is what I thought/ hoped was being introduced. The Royal Cavalry is a really nice unit, but as KAM explained it is intended as a Shock Cavalry unit, especially for AI, which is great as it is an upgrade on the Noble Cavalry, but 5 arrows makes their bow kind of redundant, if anything it makes them more fiddly. You actually created the perfect unit in the Scythian Noble Archer unit - they are fantastic!! I was hoping/ now enquiring, if there is any possible chance of a similar unit ever appearing as a Bosporan version? Effectively an upgraded Bosporan Horse Archer unit which functions exactly as the normal variant but with upgraded armour/ stats etc as expected as a bodyguard to the general?

KAM did point out the Scythian Noble's are actually getting removed for some reason, I asked if they could be re-purposed as a purely bodyguard unit for my Bosporan general but didn't get a response, which is fair enough considering how busy he is!

Cheers, and fine work as ever

(and I get that every man and their dog wants every specific unit they fancy created and placed in the game, but I think it seems a logical fit with their armies and other factions have horse archer bodyguards so I wanted to ask )