Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I know DEI is already 4TPY and may I ask what correlations/modification have vs. vanilla, please ? I mean besides building cost, turn, attrition, movement points, replenishment, Points to get new level, Population growth and unit cost and upkeep is ANY OTHER ONES considered into DEI ?
    Cheers.

Hi! When translating political parties for Russian-speaking players (table __Political_Parties_DeI) when playing for Kartli, I could not find an analogue of the nobility for the "Khatarsian Nobles" party ("political _parties_name_localized_rom_kartli_council_7"). Tell this one to know which tribe or link, where can it be found?

I would like to clarify whether the name of the archers in these units is correctly written: "Dacii Sagitarii" ("land_units_onscreen_name_dac_late_archers"), "Sarmato-Dacii Sagitarii" ("land_units_onscreen_name_dac_late_elite_archers")? Or must be "Sagittarii"?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 16, 2022 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Clean-up

I'm noticing that population is not refunding if you select a unit to recruit and then cancel the recruitment. I could have sworn this was fixed in 1.27, or the 1.28 beta, but it's back it would seem.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by nunz View Post
    I'm noticing that population is not refunding if you select a unit to recruit and then cancel the recruitment. I could have sworn this was fixed in 1.27, or the 1.28 beta, but it's back it would seem.
    In my experience, the population does refund, but the number does not appear until the next turn. Sometimes saving/reloading the game will make the correct number appear.

I am not a regular on the forum so maybe I am repeating the question, if so please redirect.
    Is there any way for a faction that doesn't have certain units to have them available? For example to allow Norway to recruit units that they normally can't create. Is it enough to add faction name as owner in export_descr_unit?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Wrong game.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Semisalis

Is it possible to make the default Rome 2 main menu background accessible in DeI? I've always found it perfectly thematic, even better if the Total War Rome 2 logo is replaced by a DeI logo. All the DLC menus are available, but the default one is replaced by DeI's menu.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

you'll have to do a new pack where you put all the backgrounds (ui>skins>default> stuff with fe_backdrop) as 100% transparent png

Semisalis

Hmm okay, thanks, I can try that though I've never made a pack before.

I'm playing an Atropatene campaign atm. In the beginning I was able to vassalize ("create satrapy") provinces, but after I confederated with another Persian faction and changed to Eranshahr, I seem to only be able to ally ("liberate") with conquered factions. Am I wrong in thinking that the confederation changed this, or am I just unlucky in so far conquering regions that for some other reasons can't be vassalized?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

The recruitment pools are kinda messed up in the Balkans even for AoR units. It is to be expected since there are at least 3 different cultures in the area, but nonetheless, it needs better balancing. You can't have the Scordisci recruiting archers from the 2nd class, warrior, when everybody else recruits them from the 3rd or AoR units like alpine swordsmen and cordinau orca from the warrior and elite classes, while the Greeks, the Getae and the Odrysian can recruit the same AoR units from the 4th class, foreigners.
    Last edited by Vladdy Daddy; September 15, 2021 at 05:14 PM.

I want to play Very Hard campaign but with no politics penalty. Which table should I look for to make the changes?

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Hi, I had a brief discussion about the recent changes to the Bosporus with KAM and I wanted to submit a request, he didn't really say yes or no so thought I'd post the request here..

So, I have always wanted a bodyguard unit for my general made up of horse archers and that is what I thought/ hoped was being introduced. The Royal Cavalry is a really nice unit, but as KAM explained it is intended as a Shock Cavalry unit, especially for AI, which is great as it is an upgrade on the Noble Cavalry, but 5 arrows makes their bow kind of redundant, if anything it makes them more fiddly. You actually created the perfect unit in the Scythian Noble Archer unit - they are fantastic!! I was hoping/ now enquiring, if there is any possible chance of a similar unit ever appearing as a Bosporan version? Effectively an upgraded Bosporan Horse Archer unit which functions exactly as the normal variant but with upgraded armour/ stats etc as expected as a bodyguard to the general?

KAM did point out the Scythian Noble's are actually getting removed for some reason, I asked if they could be re-purposed as a purely bodyguard unit for my Bosporan general but didn't get a response, which is fair enough considering how busy he is!

Cheers, and fine work as ever

(and I get that every man and their dog wants every specific unit they fancy created and placed in the game, but I think it seems a logical fit with their armies and other factions have horse archer bodyguards so I wanted to ask )

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Getting back to playing a bit of DeI and I was just wondering if the team has/is considering adding one of the alpine gauls as a playable faction, think it'd be pretty neat. Noricum as you all probably know provided iron to Rome and Caesar fought the Helvetii at the start of his gallic campaign, so those would be the two obvious candidates. They've already got some units (which I found myself matching poorly against as Scordisci) and just adding a few more would make for a decent faction IMO.

Related to that, what's up with the Cimbri? Are they going to remain incomplete (missing political parties, no voice lines, no tech pre-researched, no starting spy) or is that being worked on?

I have wondering would it be possible to play a little with the feature of how enemy units are being detected and identified in the campaign map. I recall that in harder difficulty settings they are almost always unknown even when you march to battle against them. So if it could be possible to set the enemy armies be unknown always until you scout the with a spy or see then in game literally in battle would be quite cool thing to try at least in multiplayer campaign. Or maybe even tie the ability to see and identify enemy units to a generals skill tree. However I am not sure if it is possible to detach this feature from the difficulty setting or even modify it at all

Double post
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 16, 2022 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Clean-up

Hello
    is there a way that i can use this: "Additionally all animations were swapped to only use spears in combat." without the actual mod? (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1850549179) I really like standard DEI hoplites but they use swords all the time and I want them to only use spear but without this mod... is it possible? Is there any way I can edit some files or something?

Since the in game bug forces you to have a military alliance before you can cancel military access (or declare war) could the military access pacts you begin with be removed? For example, Syracuse starts with a military access with Epirus, and if you choose to try to win over Rome by breaking pacts, you still get the diplomacy negative "treaties with Epirus -26" or whatever unless you either declare war, or upgrade your alliance (moving your diplomacy in the wrong direction). Maybe just have a "gifts given to Epirus" or defensive alliance to replicate the high friendship at the beginning?
    Last edited by evanater2013; October 08, 2021 at 11:28 AM.

Should warships and navies in general be a bit cheaper? I have come to think about this since the warships still are not that much superior to transport ships, specifically archers and infantry transports and they will often lose if they end up being boarded. Ramming is the one huge advantage they have and it is deadly, but the it is really expensive to maintain even a single navy and the operations a navy can do are a bit limited since even smaller garrisons can pretty much fight them off since the warships crews are often twice smaller than land units. I rarely use navies since they just eat all my income which is almost always better used in land armies. I would propose maybe 20%-25% price decrease at least in upkeep for warships to encourage their use, however I don't know how this would effect the AI's behavior to better or worse but for at least human player it would be a decent change.

Navies were historically very expensive. I think this should remain the way it is currently.

Syracuse: Samnite Medium Infantry or Syracusan Marines? The marines aren't in the custom battle roster, and I wanted to see which unit was better.
    Actually, it would be cool to have an AOR "faction" for custom battles, just to have access to all of them in one place.
    Last edited by evanater2013; October 11, 2021 at 03:38 PM.