Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

They are already redone in new beta or at least in my files.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

That's strange, I've re-downloaded the update to be sure I have the right one and still some Erin Mesh Uriki soldiers have no helmet and a good half is without armour...

Patrician

It was not yet done to Beta files.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Hi, as a massive fan of Arche Bosporus I generally use the Bosporan Royal Cavalry for my general/ bodyguard.. but in an ideal world I would love to have the option of the same armoured horses but instead having the bodyguard units as the Bosporan Horse Archers (basically trading charge and melee abilities for enhanced armour/ defence?). I don't know how realistic/ feasible such a request is, but thought I'd ask anyway! Thanks!

Patrician

While not for this patch, Bosphorus will get some more love in summer patch.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    While not for this patch, Bosphorus will get some more love in summer patch.
    Fantastic, and intriguing, news! Thanks!!

Hi, is there a sub mod for MP(online) rome weakened like testudo or Age of Hellenism. Or where to write it... Whole packs of Epirus and Carthaginian elites die without damaging the villages! Please! Horror, villages with 10 garrisons are being killed by elite stacks..It's not playable.

Just a question, serch everywhere and nothing clear found: in DeI tables

melee_outnumbered_defence_penalty

is 1.5, that means the outnumbered defender is bonused with 50% in defense ? Or this maybe be 0.5, meaning the outnumbered defender get 50% penalty in defense ?

Patrician

It means a bonus. I found it as a fix to bug with hit chance calculation and it makes it work much better. So if there are multiple attackers, 1st attacker goes against regular melee defence and other attacker have harder time to land their hit. Since most of attacks are 2/3 soldiers vs 1, it helps to slow down combat a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    It means a bonus. I found it as a fix to bug with hit chance calculation and it makes it work much better. So if there are multiple attackers, 1st attacker goes against regular melee defence and other attacker have harder time to land their hit. Since most of attacks are 2/3 soldiers vs 1, it helps to slow down combat a bit.
    Thanks for reply Kam, but I don't see any logic or realism in that. On the other way, do you know what the heck is ume_inspiration_effect_base ?

Patrician

It is not very logical at first but very logical when you give it a thought since due to how often hits happen and most of them being multiple attackers, it meant that actual combat calc was not used properly most of the time. This was the reason why often you could see some heavy unit being beaten or going 1v1 against unit with much worse armour or defence. So outside of making combat calc being properly applied, it also slowed down actual melee. I dont remember exactly that one but if you open Assembly Kit, it will give you exact description of it.

- post 7288

The Iron Chancellor's Avatar Civis

1.2.7 is looking great - some very useful, and welcome, changes. Thank you all for your hard work.

Have the DeI team considered revisiting temples for the Seleucids? What I mean by that is incorporating the ancestor-god worship of Seleucus I into the tree, as well as some of the Hellenised local deities (or Marduk, for instance, primarily around Babylon). I get the approach taken is representative of them as Hellenistic colonisers (e.g. why would they construct a temple to Marduk when they're Macedonians), but I feel like this is missing out on a lot of flavour that they can offer as a faction. Visual look and composition of their armies is fantastic but I feel like diversifying religion / culture a bit when it comes to some of the Hellenistic empires that are, in a sense, multicultural or Persian with a Macedonian aristocracy would really help to add some variety to the campaign map.

Comparisons to EB are probably extremely boring for you guys at this stage, and while I think that DeI exceeds it in every way a this point, the approach they took with the Seleucid buildings is one that I miss!

Cheers,
    "Diversity in counsel, unity in command."
    - Cyrus the Great

Having more factions with multiple cultural temples isn't a bad idea, as we have already done that in the past. The Seleucids do have some eastern buildings already, perhaps they could have some temples that spread other cultures along with Hellenic.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi everyone, DeI n00b here. I was a hardcore Europa Barbarorum fan and found Vanilla Rome 2 hard to enjoy or feel engaged with so naturally feel very at home playing this. I was of the impression that CA basically made games after Medieval 2 pretty much unmoddable, so was pleasantly surprised to come across something of this scale.

Started out playing a Carthage campaign and struggled quite a bit until I got the hang of supply lines and the nuances of combat etc. I really love the population system and diplomacy. One thing I would like to add for my own enjoyment though is the inclusion of Livian/Polybian character names like EB had, based on the list from the original RTW, as there don't seem to be loads of different random character names available and they quickly repeat.

Did some reading up regarding editing character names, aware it's not as simple as editing descr_character_names.txt any more, but is there a sub mod already in place that will let me do this?

Many thanks

From my humble opinion you forgot in @@@@fixpack127_DeI.pack (modified)

MERC_Syri_Mercenary_Elephants_Start

unit, mentioned in main_units_tables\MERCENARY under 124 number but lack in land_units_tables\MERCENARY.
    If I was wrong don't be cruel with me.

We wont be cruel It is a main unit that references an existing land unit. So its a copy unit for the purposes of changing its cost/upkeep.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks.

I just started a Parthian campaign and I noticed that there is no purple reforms icon in the technology trees. Does that mean that the Parthian reforms are now tied with a global counter instead of player specific one (Imperium 5 + X turns)?

Also, I'd like to make the case for shifting the Parthian light horse archer from tier 2 Stables to Tier 1 stables.

From a historical perspective, the Parni were a nomadic tribe to begin with and as such light HAs were the mainstay of their army. The (limited) inclusion of infantry came later, after their domain grew and started encompassing more than the Hyrkanian steppes. Also, shouldn't they start with some kind of treaty with Baktria, either an alliance or non-aggression pact, as Arsaces was indeed allied with Diodotus II?

From a gameplay perspective, now that the Daha light HA have been shifted to a more specialized role with much less ammo, executing a proper nomadic tactic in the beginning turns of a Parthian campaign is almost impossible / much less effective. The heavy HAs cost is too prohibitive, the merc light HAs are also expensive and much less available and as already mentioned, the Dahae light HAs are less effective as an army backbone. The campaign start is already quite volatile and dependent on the luck of the draw (whether Baktria and the northern tribes declare war on you immediately), but if you put on a mod with increased building times, it becomes more difficult by an order of degree.
    Last edited by Iskandar; March 06, 2021 at 01:47 AM.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Hi, I noticed because always play with Pontus that the late Bodyguard Infantry is missing in the Thorax Reform.
    They can be found in custom battles. Am I doing something wrong or are they just missing?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210306182931_1.jpg