Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Thanks KAM. On the same ptolemaic note, is there a reason their Ptolemikoi Thorakitai Doriphoroi have normal lenght spears and not the hoplite-length ones other Thorakitai Doriphoroi of greek factions have or is this an oversight?

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    If you would check out FB and discrod, you would see some new stuff for Pontus. Although they will never have high tier elite units, they are more jack of all trades faction. None of their regiments really did well outside of Sarmatian bodyguard. Their strength was always in numbers and variety of troops types. One of new units they get is late reform upgrade of thureos swords, that was raised at the end of Mithridatic wars, using partially Greek, Romand and Armenian equipment and draw from 3rd pop class. Their cavalry will also be a bit stronger and maybe they might get some Bosphoran friends to join

Here is example of their cavalry updated look that will go along some stat changes.
    Good to hear KAM!
    Was hoping so... Pontus is really flexible faction which IMO is a perfect candidate for an empire.

KAM, could you tell me which factions have bonus to autoresolve AI and guaranteed to become big?

Hello there, I am preparing for a campaign and am looking at a couple of small supplementary mods, in addition to DEI. One is called, 'Historical Accuracy - Champions and Dignitaries + Male Spies for Romans / Greek (merge)'. It is aimed at removing female agents from the campaign. It states on the steam workshop page that it is compatible with DEI, but I also wanted to check with the DEI team if they think it is compatible. Thank you.

Not from the DEI team but it is compatible.

So, why do the Cingetoi of the Nervi faction have no shieldwall formation unlike the Boii and Arverni equivalents? Because they're more soldiers per battailon? Or else the Nervi would be overpowered?
    It looks funny indeed when they go into melee with these long spears, though it almost erases the point of recruiting them as there's another spear unit available with (almost) identical stats.
    Also these Cingetoi will just lose when fronting Arverni or Boii Cingetoi (and yes I know one should rather try to avoid doing this), higher soldier number is only an advantage if the enemies don't use the shieldwall or get flanked.
    So, can we give the Nervi Cingetoi a shieldwall or adjust their equipment so that it doesn't look completely wonky in melee combat?

Also I noticed that when the early Cingetoi of the Arverni form a shieldwall, their first 3 lines in the front have their swords drawn out and won't use their spear at all with no spear support from the farther behind lines then. Is that intended?
    The late version looks alright.

Are Saka-Rauka's Indo-Hellenic Heavy Cavalry (Agema Hippeon Hellenikon) and Indo-Hellenic Noble Hoplites (Hindohellenikoi Eugeneis Hoplitai) supposed to draw from Uaezdaette population class (the top one)? They are indeed "nobles" but they are hellenic nobles, not from the tribes.

Especially the Agema Hippeon, given that they draw from the same population as Saka's Cataphracts, it's always better to get the latter ones

Hey there,
    I have a faction leader "idle" as a politician, meaning not leading fleet or army, but I also have the faction leader effect active. I thought you are only supposed to get that if you put your leader in your capital? Not that I'm complaining because I think this actually makes sense when your leader is in "politician stance", but just asking if it's actually working as intended.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

faction leader effect will be active when:
    - faction leader is garrisoned on capital
    - faction leader is politician
    keep in mind that effect is triggered with one turn delay

Nabataean heavy infantry can be recruited from level1 barracks and the tooltip shows it can be recruited from both level 1 and 2, not sure if it's intended or not, but they are absolutely cutting through every early game unit and in my opinion recruitment should be moved to level2 only.

Also, nabatean faction bonus to -empire maintenance should be decreased IMO. At imperium IV I already have -%62 empire maintenance with every bonus I can get, every governor has the trait, every agents have the traits, with all I have I have %62 and really can't make any profit... It seems to me unbalanced.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 18, 2022 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Double posting

Hi. I'm playing with the Arverni and I've observed that acubagaudoi are descripted as "veteran free men" but their ranks come from the second pop class. Shouldn't they come from the third class?

On another topic, I've got an historical question and ,as a Rome hater, a suggestion to make in order to slow down it's otherwise inevitable progress.

Isn't it a bit inaccurate, regarding the starting date, to give Rome control of both Ariminum and Cosentia regions?

Wouldn't be more historically correct (by 278 BC) ,and more challenging for the roman campaign, to give Ariminum region to a gaul faction (Senones would be great) and Cosentia to a bruttian or lucanian faction?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 18, 2022 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Double posting

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Shouldn't Pergamoi Epilektoi Peltastai be at least 3 speed instead of 2? I get they are suppose to be a heavy peltast, but 2 of speed instead of 4 make then pretty bad in this position specially when you already have the really great, cheaper and more accessible Phrygioi Peltastai that have 4 speed. You could also opt for an also cheaper, better and even more numerous melee infantry if you need it to hold a line.

At this price range and so slow I really see no point in recruiting Pergamoi Epilektoi Peltastai over other great units in Pergamon hoster. It's like a duck, it does everything: walk, swim and fly, but don't do any of these right.

Hi DEI Team, firstly, thanks a lot for the mod. I have somethings that I wish to know if you guys can make it work.

1. Is it possible to make the testudo behaviour like in Attila? In Rome 2, when we use testudo formation, the line is thin and long, especially if we play with huge unit sizes. Can you guys make it possible for us to drag and widen the testudo?

2. Also with Roman Disciplined Formation, I like how the soldiers act when they do charge attack with Disciplined Formation. But can you make it possible for us to widen the unit front, also like Attila formations? Now when we switch on the Disciplined formation, the unit get into a cube-like formation (vanilla shieldwall behaviour). Can we make the shieldwall like Attila?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post
    Shouldn't Pergamoi Epilektoi Peltastai be at least 3 speed instead of 2? I get they are suppose to be a heavy peltast, but 2 of speed instead of 4 make then pretty bad in this position specially when you already have the really great, cheaper and more accessible Phrygioi Peltastai that have 4 speed. You could also opt for an also cheaper, better and even more numerous melee infantry if you need it to hold a line.

At this price range and so slow I really see no point in recruiting Pergamoi Epilektoi Peltastai over other great units in Pergamon hoster. It's like a duck, it does everything: walk, swim and fly, but don't do any of these right.
    Yeah, they should be at least speed 3. I will take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanlannes View Post
    Hi. I'm playing with the Arverni and I've observed that acubagaudoi are descripted as "veteran free men" but their ranks come from the second pop class. Shouldn't they come from the third class?
    I am looking into some other potential changes to this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Thura View Post
    Hi DEI Team, firstly, thanks a lot for the mod. I have somethings that I wish to know if you guys can make it work.

1. Is it possible to make the testudo behaviour like in Attila? In Rome 2, when we use testudo formation, the line is thin and long, especially if we play with huge unit sizes. Can you guys make it possible for us to drag and widen the testudo?

2. Also with Roman Disciplined Formation, I like how the soldiers act when they do charge attack with Disciplined Formation. But can you make it possible for us to widen the unit front, also like Attila formations? Now when we switch on the Disciplined formation, the unit get into a cube-like formation (vanilla shieldwall behaviour). Can we make the shieldwall like Attila?
    Sadly no on both questions, otherwise it would have been done long time ago.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Sadly no on both questions, otherwise it would have been done long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I play all alone, so I edited a bit for my personal taste. I emptied the formation behaviour, so I can now use the disciplined formation with a width of my choice. (I think we call this kind, passive ability)

Also I changed charge_distance_adopt_charge_pose to 0. So normally when they have no ammo left or in melee mode, they stand ready with their shields in front. And when they charge, like in HBO Rome, they now walk up to the enemy with their shields in front. Not perfect and might have some consequences, but at least I can now feel the roman formation attack to a certain degree.

Hi, can someone suggest a thread or make a mini sub mod. To reduce the bonus to auto battle Rome. Rome should take a city without walls with a garrison of 12 homeless people. The city becomes invulnerable. How many times have I seen the city attacked by a full army, and it would be nice to have barbarians, but no Carthage!. And merges under zero, and the garrison suffered less than 50%! Play disgusting seeing this,We will not see no Ganibal no Pyrrhus. For any elite stack dies about the village, about the walls and the garrison-I'm silent. Is there a sub mod that weakens the 25-50 percent bonus? Let him at least lose villages!

Quote Originally Posted by GyJIeBeP View Post
    Hi, can someone suggest a thread or make a mini sub-mod. To reduce the bonus to auto-battle Rome. Rome should take a city without walls with a garrison of 12 homeless people. The city becomes invulnerable. How many times have I seen the city attacked by a full army, and it would be nice to have barbarians, but no Carthage!. And merges under zero, and the garrison suffered less than 50%! Play disgusting seeing this, We will not see any Ganibal no Pyrrhus. For any elite, stack dies about the village, about the walls and the garrison-I'm silent. Is there a sub-mod that weakens the 25-50 percent bonus? Let him at least lose villages!
    Try the age of Hellenism sub mod, which weakens the ai Rome and slows its expansion.
    But you will never have the Rome as a late-game challenge with any auto-resolve de-buffs. This includes the Age of Hellenism mod as well. Most of the time you would want them to become the greatest power so the campaign won't be boring after turn 200 or so. DeI team isn't happy with an elite army failing to take a city as well, but the majority of the players would want to face Rome eventually regardless of their position on the map, thus auto-resolve buffs stay the same.
    Last edited by tndgu; November 29, 2020 at 05:41 AM.

The era of Hellenism has not been updated for a long time and the author is silent in the steam!Everything is perfect with it, but a new version of the mod 1.2 6 was released and This mod stopped working.It's not interesting, 0 variation, to see Rome in every game in the same places. He needs to reduce the bonus. A whole stack of bots dies in a small village with its 12 homeless garrisons-too much. Could you help me for a sub mod or tell me how reduces the bonus Rome in attack and defense

Hello, I am just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for the db file I need to edit to reassign unit icons. I made a new icon for medium armour Hellenic toxotai and want to use it (Mockup: https://i.imgur.com/jkZv2IP.jpg) but they currently share the icon with psiloi toxotai so I need to change that to get it to apply to them specifically. Thanks!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That would be unit_variants as there is a column for UI card name.

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post

I checked it and they are already 3 speed unit, not 2.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Unit cards entries (name of the png) is defined inside unit_variants_tables (Unit Card column)
    While the Unit column defines the key entries you'll have inside land_units_tables and/or main_units_tables

if you use rpfm you can greatly narrow your search since it has a really detailed search bar function

EDIT: oops, didn't see kam already answered
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; November 29, 2020 at 05:57 PM.