Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Ranged entries are the same since 1.0 release and were always shared, I only now added Cretans...well like a year ago. They have smaller range as they used heavier arrows (so for example they were outranged by Persians which was an issue) but you missed that they have highest AP damage of all archers, meaning that they do most damage of the all since AP is most important damage stat.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

valky's Avatar Ducenarius

^
    yeah I noticed - I was only wondering in general. If I remember, they were also not part of the hellenic or at least Egypt roster, but had their Marine archers instead. Lots of things are changed

As mentioned, each faction has now a much more diverse roster and lots of units to choose from + AOR/mercs. And in DeI missile units are really only supportive and don't win your battles like in recent TW games :>
    I typically fancy a few skirmisher cavalry, since they can hammer to some extent once emptied; Tarantine cavalry or similar for example are still a very decent unit.
    I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite store on the Citadel!
    I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favourite spot on the Citadel!

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

The special garrisons for unique capitals have really low priority, actually lower than townfolk mobs. This is a bummer since unless you attack/get attacked early on you don't get to see them in action. Feel like they could us a bump up the list. The foreign quarter units also suffer from this, while not as important I'd say they are neat way to add some variety.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Quote Originally Posted by Fondor_Yards View Post
    The special garrisons for unique capitals have really low priority, actually lower than townfolk mobs. This is a bummer since unless you attack/get attacked early on you don't get to see them in action. Feel like they could us a bump up the list. The foreign quarter units also suffer from this, while not as important I'd say they are neat way to add some variety.
    Thanks I forgot to change those settings. Will do that for the next update!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

scouts & champs get 1 point less to spent on compared to the dignitary. (2nd level)
    intentional?

Better ingame Encyclopedia for Shogun 2 (reworked) - RotS - FotS (new map) + web-based version

Yes, we wanted to make him a governor and give him a bit more options.

ah, I figured as much.
    Further, is there a way (or will be?) to see my settlement's security vs. agent actions, similar to AI controlled regions or am I just blind?

Cappadocian Lancer is also the one unit I found, where the merc-version is significantly better. Usually it's the AoR, that has minor advantage - typically morale - or is the same.
    merc: +7 armor & stamina: good (!) vs low (AoR). Pretty nifty lancer with their crazy AP damage...

Patrician

Cappadocians get more standarized stats in next patch plus nicer looking mount

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

holy crap! :> I only discovered them recently, but my forces are widely spread and I use a jumper force to bring them to the front-line, so I have yet to see them in action. Hmm, the one African tribe, that I left in peace, though... *hmm* started to take offensive agent-actions, good thing my new general nearby just got them freshly delivered *wicked laugh* ...and they have spice + slaves anyway = reasons.

[the spice must flow! - galaxy wars were fought over it ^^]

edit: I was already in love with the egyptian Linen cataphract, such an amazing cool looking unit. but they lack the punch against heavily armored stuff...
    Last edited by valky; September 08, 2020 at 03:01 PM.

Patrician

Yes, Linen Cataphracts, despite look and name are more of medium cavalry unit since they were supposed to counter light archers of Kush so they had to be combination of protection and speed. So they were more of a niche thing

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yes, Linen Cataphracts, despite look and name are more of medium cavalry unit since they were supposed to counter light archers of Kush so they had to be combination of protection and speed. So they were more of a niche thing
    they are pretty handy and available rather early, but had to switch them to more AP damaging cavalry.

edit: *cough* is there a reason, besides the 3/6/9% success chance, that "r2_sp_trait_all_agent_infiltrate" is disabled in the script? [r2_sp_trait_all_agent_deployed_foreign_infiltrate_success_trigger]
    Would give the player more choices to develop your spy - either counterspy + authority-based with specific chance against agents + generals, or the infiltrate-trait with success chance against any- & everything.

Works fine if enabled, though ^^ Would probably only change the weird semantic to: "and context:character():is_deployed() and not char_in_owned_region(context:character())" instead of "and not (context:character():region():owning_faction():name() == context:character():faction():name())"

edit2: could you please update your AoR map? A few units were shifted, that I was 'hunting' down in older versions or are now bound to new regions instead (ie Akkadian Elite = they hold the line, like forever). The table AoR numbers, which those have, don't add up with the map-AoR. The Syracuse armored elephant should also be special and not available in like 8 regions....given how bada** it is and wins your battles.
    Last edited by valky; September 10, 2020 at 09:55 AM.

In the original version of the script 'minor factions' that are allied with the player get the exemption from adverse autoresolve outcomes against 'major factions'. This condition has been removed from the script so as to ensure that the player-centred alliances do not get the upper hand over their enemies.

Nothing has changed?

Tell me what majors(Rome, Seleucid, Parthia, Carthage, Egypt, Macedonia?) do you get bonuses in auto battle?

Nothing has been changed with the autoresolve script for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Nothing has been changed with the autoresolve script for a long time.
    Dear Dresden, so if Seleucid's neighbors are with me( the player ) in the Union, they will not receive fines in the auto fight with Seleucid? This also breaks the game, which thread bare-assed Africans with a poor ruler cut out Carthage, and the player instead of a strong opponent fights with naked Africans.

Its been awhile since I looked at that script but if I remember the following factions get a major faction defender bonus when they are both AI: Parthia, Carthage, Epirus, Egypt, Seleucids, Rome. Rome also gets a small bonus as attacker.

It doesn't trigger if the minor faction in question that is going against the major faction is an ally of the player or if the player's armies are close to the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its been awhile since I looked at that script but if I remember the following factions get a major faction defender bonus when they are both AI: Parthia, Carthage, Epirus, Egypt, Seleucids, Rome. Rome also gets a small bonus as attacker.

It doesn't trigger if the minor faction in question that is going against the major faction is an ally of the player or if the player's armies are close to the battle.
    Is there a sub-mod that doesn't remove the bonus from a major if it is attacked by a player's ally? It is impossible to play, seeing how Carthage merges naked bums or Sparta captures Macedonian! .What can we say about Seleucid, who is constantly dying. do you have a bonus on Rome does not apply if it is hit by an ally of the player? How can I do it this way for all majors?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

This does what you asked for (don't use it with Age of Hellenism or Testudo)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ma08wnxaysaspbr/file

please don't use this thread for requesting submods, thanks
    use some thread in the submod forum (or open a new one)

Laetus

does anyone know how I recruit the cavalry of the Sacred Band as Carthage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    This does what you asked for (don't use it with Age of Hellenism or Testudo)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ma08wnxaysaspbr/file

please don't use this thread for requesting submods, thanks
    use some thread in the submod forum (or open a new one)
    Thank you, it works like Hellenism, right?Location is not important? You have long thrown me a mod for sieges + 1, instead of vanilla bonuses - 2, it works regardless of the version of the main mod? Can I add you to steam or discord if you have any questions?