Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Have you guys thought about changing the Greek reform requirements away from Imperium? The Romans expanded and adapted their armies to meet different fighting styles/equipment and fulfill the man power needs of an army reliant on a diminishing population class. Imperium makes perfect sense for them, but is the antithesis for the Greeks.

The reforms you put in the game are a result of them not expanding or being proactive, but you can only obtain reforms in game by expanding and being proactive. No matter how well I run a civilization, it's railroaded into what happened in history. Just got the Greek DLC and Athens reforms into mercenaries despite the requirements for reforms would lead them away from mercenaries and reliant on a much larger population to draw an army from.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    Anybody know how to change population in a region of a saved game?
    Population is script-based so I am pretty sure you can't change with the saveparser.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezderp View Post
    How many TPY is the base mod?
    4, but you can have submods for 2 and 12 TPY if that's what you prefer.

Is there an in depth explanation of the army replenishment mechanic? There are times when my men are not replenishing that I think they should be (own province, supplies in province) and I just really don't understand it at all lol.

Is there an in depth explanation of the army replenishment mechanic? There are times when my men are not replenishing that I think they should be (own province, supplies in province) and I just really don't understand it at all lol.

Another question, what is the reason to revert to the old launcher? I accidentally started a new campaign with the new launcher without reverting it. Is it beneficial to revert, and will that affect my current campaign?

Some folks have issues with the old launcher and mod order. If you are not experiencing those issues, you should be fine.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Senator

That for example can happen if there are not enough people of the necessary population group or groups available. Did you check the units you have in the stack and compare it with the numbers in the tiers of population in the region they need as recruits?

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I haven't played Rome 2 or DEI in years and I'm just wondering if minor settlements have or can be given walls, sort of like in AE.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    I haven't played Rome 2 or DEI in years and I'm just wondering if minor settlements have or can be given walls, sort of like in AE.
    yes they can but it's not a good option 'cause every settlement will pick the capital battle map. And you'll have less variations.
    for DeI they have been added for Crete only 'cause its map was bugged and unplayable.
    I don't really think there is a working submod giving walls to every settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    That for example can happen if there are not enough people of the necessary population group or groups available. Did you check the units you have in the stack and compare it with the numbers in the tiers of population in the region they need as recruits?

yeah thats the thing is I know i had sufficient population. So not sure what could be causing this.

What are the ways generals can gain xp towards leveling without being in battle? I know the academy gives some xp while garrisoned but is there anything else? I want to level some governors without battle.

What are the ways generals can gain xp towards leveling without being in battle? I know the academy gives some xp while garrisoned but is there anything else? I want to level some governors without battle.
    Garrisoning a general in a city grants XP per turn. The military academy increases the rate. You can also give them a champion with the authority skill chain that grants XP per turn, but that's kind of a waste if he doesn't have an army with him.

Regarding replenishment, you're certain that every unit in the army has the needed population to replenish, right? Because for example if you lack 1st class population to refill those units, then your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th class units won't replenish either.

Failing that, it's probably regional modifiers. The weather, general traits and skills, the presence of enemy agents, buildings, and global food supply can all affect replenishment. Most effects that say "+/-xx% replacement" mean xx% of the entire unit rather than as modifiers to the base replenishment rate. As such, a -10% from weather is often enough to nullify it. Lastly, don't always trust the icons. Sometimes they'll say you won't replenish if they started the turn in such a state but something changes. Similarly, sometimes they say they will replenish but you end up with a food shortage or such that prevents it.

Hope that helps.

Hello. I just started playing Rome 2 Emperor Edition and install DEI. I have a question regarding the TPY submods... one with 24tpy and all factions playable (i.e. that's on steam workshop). I subscribed to that one, the factions are unlocked, but I am not sure if the 24tpy aspect of the submod is working. Also, is it save game compatible? Any of the other TPY submods work still?

Another thing, I'm running on an Inter i5-6600 proc, a GTX 1060 6gb gpu, with 16gb RAM. I was wondering if you have any tweaks to prevent or even lessen stuttering in battles especially with large number of units. I have set my unit size to medium. I was wondering if you have any graphics tweaks or other tweaks for that.

Is DEI mod compatible with the graphics enhancement mod on steam workshop?

Sorry. So many questions. Thanks for taking the time to read and answer. Cheers!!

Hey Ashok and welcome to the forums.

I'm frankly not 100% sure how updated the aforementioned mods are, but if you found them on steam then I believe that Dresden keeps them there up-to-date.

Regarding the TPY submods, those modify the startpos files and are thus not savegame-compatible. If you want to change any of these you need to start a new campaign.

There is a simple way to see if the mod is working. Just end the turn and check how the seasons are rotating. The base game is 4 TPY so you have winter, spring, summer, etc.

With 24 TPY you will have 12 months, each divided in early and late month, thus early May, late May, early June, etc.

It might be that the changes will be visible from the second or the third turn and not from the very beginning of the campaign.

Regarding your specs, those are very similar to what I have and with this set-up you can easily have a good DeI gaming experience on with pretty decent graphics.

The large battles could be the pain, but so are they almost for everybody. That's unfortunately how the game works and DeI have some high quality textures in it that make it run worse than the vanilla game.

For large battles you can try to lower some graphics settings such as, for example, unit details, shadows, water reflections, etc.

We also have a dedicated thread you can check out here.

Point number 2 is essential. You may consider 1, as well. Those mods in point 10 are also useful. Personally, I use the removal of arcade graphical effects. If you experience some unusual stuttering issues then the point 6 is very often the answer, at least for me.

Any graphical mods are basically compatible with DeI, especially those changing environments. Beware, though, of those mods that modify the units, or have some scripts in them. Overlays like ReShade are actually a very good option for this game. I run ReShade and so can you, but you will have to be careful with some of its settings once your rig is already under strain in larger battles.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    yes they can but it's not a good option 'cause every settlement will pick the capital battle map. And you'll have less variations.
    for DeI they have been added for Crete only 'cause its map was bugged and unplayable.
    I don't really think there is a working submod giving walls to every settlement.
    Yeah that;s how I remember it being. So it's not possible to assign custom maps to settlements on the campaign map?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You cant even make custom settlements or battle maps in Rome 2.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You cant even make custom settlements or battle maps in Rome 2.
    Oh, wow...

Is there information about how many Armies/Edicts/Agents etc. is allowed per Imperium Level anywhere? I can't find this information anywhere for DEI or even vanilla R2 :s

It's in the db tables in the table fame_levels. Other than that I can't really recall right now if that information is also displayed fully somewhere in the game. You can try the faction overview screen. There you have a bar with different imperium levels and some info about it. Just can't remember now exactly what sort of info it contains.

Hello!

First of all - thank you VERY much for this awesome mod!

I now love Rome 2 the first time since it was released.

Most of the mechanics I did understand now, after reading all available guides and tutorials (and playing it by myself, of course).

About the Unit recruitment systems I am not fully clear right now, maybe you could help me here? Play with Rome

- Area of Recruitment Units
    Are these units dependent on Barracks? So I need for better AoR units the Barracks or just the City building?
    And do I only need one City of a province for access to all of those?
    Replenishing is possibly in every City / area with enough of the needed population?

- Auxiliary Units
    - afaiu Auxiliary Units are based only on Region, Reform and Auxiliary Camp / Barracks?
    - Replenishment is possible in all Regions, enough population in this region assumed?
    - and I do only have to own one single City with Auxiliary barracks to get access to all of these units there, right?

- Mercenary
    - Are available without any further buildings, right?

Thx in advance!!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by macabre View Post
    Hello!

First of all - thank you VERY much for this awesome mod!

I now love Rome 2 the first time since it was released.

Most of the mechanics I did understand now, after reading all available guides and tutorials (and playing it by myself, of course).

About the Unit recruitment systems I am not fully clear right now, maybe you could help me here? Play with Rome

- Area of Recruitment Units
    Are these units dependent on Barracks? So I need for better AoR units the Barracks or just the City building?
    And do I only need one City of a province for access to all of those?
    Replenishing is possibly in every City / area with enough of the needed population?

- Auxiliary Units
    - afaiu Auxiliary Units are based only on Region, Reform and Auxiliary Camp / Barracks?
    - Replenishment is possible in all Regions, enough population in this region assumed?
    - and I do only have to own one single City with Auxiliary barracks to get access to all of these units there, right?

- Mercenary
    - Are available without any further buildings, right?

Thx in advance!!
    Hey buddy, glad you are enjoying the experience!

AOR units are recruited from region capital city building chain only. Roman aux units are recruited based on region, reform and barracks level. You should not have to build multiple aux barracks in the same region. Mercenary units (with exception to Carthage) don' require buildings. Unit replenishment pulls from population classes and is dependent on those.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; December 06, 2019 at 07:24 PM.