Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Senator

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    They've been like that since as far as I can remember actually, their armor damage just isn't mentioned on the unit stats information.
    I don't understand. The question was not for slinger stats or ap abilities but why you cannot recruit slingers as Medewi. I least I don't have them available. A bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The base mod has to cater to many different levels of player (new and veteran). Sometimes its too aggressive for some, not aggressive enough for others. I think maybe that is what you are talking about? Anyway, that is why submods exist For those who want a different experience from the base line.
    I'm talking about the fact that AI, both allies and opponents in case of war, are often very loyal and do not take any actions in many moves. Or is it somehow related to the characteristics of these powers? Rome for example is always active for AI.

It has probably been asked hundreds of times, but here it goes... Did recent updates alter Seleucid rebellion mechanism?

I'm 80 turns in, nothing happens yet. Every satrapy, apart from Lydia, hates me (relations are somewhere around -80 or -90), but still no sign of rebellion.

Even when my reliability rating dropped to "untrustworthy", Parsa broke our trade agreement, but that's it.

Is there something else I'm not aware of?

No, it shouldn't have changed. Usually it happens in the 20-30 turn range if I remember? Do you have any other script issues? It could be a submod or another mod causing it to not work properly.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Is there a General Thread that gives us the DEI progress status of each DLC campaign ?
    I think many of us would like to know which campaigns are ready to play fully, and which arent.

I was just about to start a Nervii Caesar in Gaul campaign but saw they had like 2 horse units, the Arverni as well.... Meanwhile Rome had 4 or 5...
    So I don't know if the Gallic rosters just aren't finished, or if they're just inaccurate, because historically it was the total opposite, the Gallic tribes had superior cavalry compared to the Romans, both light and heavy, and that's not even mentioning chariots.
    The Nervii actually won not just skirmishes, but set battles against Caesar on account of their better cavalry, meanwhile Caesar himself was resorting to using Germanic auxiliary cavalry which weren't as good as their Gallic counterparts.

anyway not to be a nerd with the history lesson but just wondering out loud.... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    No, it shouldn't have changed. Usually it happens in the 20-30 turn range if I remember? Do you have any other script issues? It could be a submod or another mod causing it to not work properly.
    No other issues. The submods I use:

- 4TPY
    -dei wonders
    -No PO garrison
    -Dresden sack liberate
    -civilwar -10

I'll try it without submods except 4TPY, and see how it goes. Thanks.

Most DLCs are completed/ready to play. Some of the DLC campaigns do indeed use the GC rosters, but you have to remember to take AOR into account. But we haven't designed rosters for specific DLC campaigns for the most part. Our focus is always the GC while DLCs we try to fill in as best we can.

The RoR rosters - some are anachronistic or not done (Nuragic being the main one).

Empire Divided - uses vanilla rosters

Edit - forgot to mention, I agree about the Nervii and cavalry even in the GC. I think the roster needs a boost in that department, I can't remember the reasoning for having less cavalry options for them when I thought historically they were known for that. There was some discussion about it but I can't remember now unfortunately, maybe its something to look into.
    Last edited by Dresden; September 25, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Just to be specific, elite Gallic cav is the best cav in the region and one of the best melee cavalry units on the entire map as they boast highest attack, defence and damage stats of all cavalry units in the mod. While Gauls have less cav options, they have just plain stronger cavalry than Romans. Ritter would know more on amount of actual cavalry units but more for the sake of more not always makes sense. At the moment Gauls have 1 light, 1 medium and 1 heavy cavalry unit per reform tier. Maybe in Caesar campaign they do not have their top tier reform unlocked, hence they dont have their top cav unit avaliable. For example Rome has biggest cavalry selection of all factions on account of their Aux units while "pure" Roman cavalry units per reform level are only 2, from which only 1 is recruitable (Equites) while other is general bodyguard.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; September 25, 2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

If I'm not mistaken, the Nervii weren't a cav people, but they did utilize the services of their Belgae kin the Remi, who were renown for their cavalry. The current Remi cavalry on the Nervii roster are a bit underwhelming imo since they seem to be lighter than what I would expect from what I've read about them.

Hi. Congratulations on the mod.
    Playing as Egypt, I can't find the Egyptian war chariots.
    Can someone help me?

Patrician

Ptolemaic Egypt did not use chariots.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Is there a General Thread that gives us the DEI progress status of each DLC campaign ?
    I think many of us would like to know which campaigns are ready to play fully, and which arent.

I was just about to start a Nervii Caesar in Gaul campaign but saw they had like 2 horse units, the Arverni as well.... Meanwhile Rome had 4 or 5...
    So I don't know if the Gallic rosters just aren't finished, or if they're just inaccurate, because historically it was the total opposite, the Gallic tribes had superior cavalry compared to the Romans, both light and heavy, and that's not even mentioning chariots.
    The Nervii actually won not just skirmishes, but set battles against Caesar on account of their better cavalry, meanwhile Caesar himself was resorting to using Germanic auxiliary cavalry which weren't as good as their Gallic counterparts.

anyway not to be a nerd with the history lesson but just wondering out loud.... thanks
    I've rechecked Arverni cav and you are correct. I was only looking at data base entries and there Arverni cav IS the strongest melee cav in the mod but that is only as a bodyguard unit while their regular cav is not standing out much. I will look into that. Same for Nervi.

Icon6 Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Ptolemaic Egypt did not use chariots.
    Oh! Sorry and thanks

Ah, appreciate the informative replies, makes sense.
    I just mentioned it because one of the most enjoyable parts about playing DEI is utilizing each faction's historical strengths, and DEI is pretty much the only place you can get anything close to that.
    As Vanilla Rome and other lesser mods try to create an equal playing field simply out of balancing concerns.

Is it normal or is it a bug that the Arverni cannot recruit Cauaros (Gallic Champions) anymore after their reforms?

Is the Beasts of War DLC required for DeI?

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I've rechecked Arverni cav and you are correct. I was only looking at data base entries and there Arverni cav IS the strongest melee cav in the mod but that is only as a bodyguard unit while their regular cav is not standing out much. I will look into that. Same for Nervi.
    Hurray! I always advocated for a boost to the Averni.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would like to be able to see unit information past the difficulty of Normal. I understand that we're unable to because some of the info is fairly helpful, but honestly I really like it since I like looking at unit stats and kills. Can somebody please let me know how I can make it so that I can see it? Thanks.

Patrician

You cant from what I know.

feelsbadman

Can Iweriu and Kaledonoi require caledonian noble horsemen?I don't see it in the stables.