Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

It is only possible by editting youe save game, you cant mod more units per army. It is rather easy to do but every player has to do it manually.

I did not have a chance to look into stalk thing yet :/
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Beacuse if armies, then garissons should be enhanced by same margin....

I meant rather bump everything up, because with bigger armies, garrisons will become useless while being smaller. And it's sad you can't mod it in because of ....reasons... of our glorious engine limitations
    And to the stalk... no problem, just informing about the issue to let you know. But there is more to that about more barbaric ranged units not only stalkers. As I mentioned before (maybe their AP arrow values stuff...you know better than I do), some of them are focusing wrong tagets while ignoring being pushed into the frontline while trying to get them into their range.
    And about phalanx submod, I wish there was the other way aroung then taking the pikes collision out of the game. Because without the submod I just slaughtered those nasty buggers who slaughtered my phalanx with submod on. If there was a way to make formation to stop moving at the moment on contact with an enemy (no matter what angle) while double click forcing them to push only forward (like ctrl+arrow), instead of pushing more into the attacked unitwhile trying to glue the whole formation into them what making the rotation problem. Because pikes without the pikes are not pikes :/
    Last edited by _Sammael_; September 16, 2019 at 02:01 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Primicerius

wrong thread, sorry
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 16, 2019 at 12:51 PM.

Because there is more strategic options for you to form your army and enemy army as well as it's usage in the field. Same for more garrison units to execute the defence. With 28-30 units I can make for example my Roman army more versatile and implement other auxilia even better while marching into foreign land, instad of being limited to 18 units (-gen -baggage train). So almost all my armies composition is basically exactly the same for the whole campaign. At least 2cavs, if you want some arty 1-2, some range 3-4,...thats 10 units you are left with to ''choose'', but in more cases just 8 of the best you can get. If you are not LegendofTotalCheese streamer, and want to have at least some immersion.
    And the other reason is more important...we are the people, where everyone is different, have different opinions and like different things and have a right to have own opinion...so I never understood the posts like this one of yours as well, it's fine for me, it has to be fine for everyone

Didn't seem like wrong thread to me while you were talking about never understanding why people want to have more than 20 units per stack why you are completely fine with that. Before you eddited the whole thing out. But I can't edit my posts even though I already have more than 25posts. It must've been really weird coincidence

Thx for the answer.
    No need to be rude or make comments, mine was a simple question waiting for an answer.
    95% of the battles you'll have time to merge the armies so that's not an actual reason, if you see my question in a practical way.
    I removed my question after a couple of minutes 'cause I figured out that (didn't think about that) there is an army cap, so 10 armies mean 200 units while with 40 per army means 400 units, and in DeI vanilla you can sustain that economy.

EDIT: we wrote the same time, man calm down please
    I can't remove posts so I wrote:
    "wrong thread, sorry" meant to me I already answered the question myself
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 16, 2019 at 01:22 PM.

I'm calm man And not even slightly rude....
    forum is not refreshing immediately and I saw your post like straight answer to my question but didn't see any question there. I saw just wandering why would someone want something like that. while I answered you've olready edited so I can't see you ''question'' anymore. Or there is the case you were reffering to some of your older questions few pages ago and that is ash on my had and I'm sorry for missunderstanding from my side in that case.
    And I'm not really happy with spamming the thread with our little brawl so rather let it be...
    Last edited by _Sammael_; September 16, 2019 at 02:02 PM.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post
    Did something changed in how units gain experience (chevrons) in manual battles in the last version or patches? My units are gaining chevrons pretty easily now in big battles and I find it great since the last time I played the only reliable way I had to bump up my chevrons was auto-battle.
    On another thought I think there is something definitely wrong with the experience system now. One unit of mine went from a 0 chevrons to 6 chevrons (3 silver ones) in a single battle. It was a decisive victory and this unit alone killed 260 enemies in ultra size.

I have a question about AI armies (full stack) on transport ships attacking navies on triremes (smaller in size). The autoreslove obviously shows massive advantage for the AI but 5-6 triremes can easily decimate a full stack of transport ships.
    I know that this been asked before, but I tried Data Venia submod this week and for some reason this is not the problem there. AI on transport ships tries to avoid attacking navies and even runs from battles in case of 5-7 triremes vs full stack transports. Could you guys have a look into that? Because luring AI out of port cities with small navies is a cheesy tactic
    Last edited by mmm1234mm; September 17, 2019 at 10:02 PM.

Really enjoying the mod. just started my Third campaign with Sparta H/N. I got bored of my Rome (H/N) one as its getting a bit easy now, although it was very difficult at the start. I really struggled and ended up autoresolving up until I got to the Polybian reforms.

I've seen somewhere about getting effects from trade resources (eg public order from silver) but I cant find any info on this ingame or anywhere else. is this correct and if so what are all the effects?
    Ongoing Macedon Legendary campaign AAR Thread - https://bit.ly/2QaOUHF

Youtube playlists
    R2TW Carthage Legendary campaign Let's play - https://bit.ly/2BliHua
    R2TW Rome Legendary campaign Let's play - https://bit.ly/2w13Lwa
    R2TWMacedonLegendary campaign Let's play - https://bit.ly/2QaAxTH

My Mountaineering Blog -
    https://grahamwyllie.blogspot.com/

I am not sure its shown in game, but -
    Glass - culture income mod
    Iron - recruitment cost mod
    Lead - sanitation
    Hides - recruitment cost
    Marble - building cost
    Olive oil - agriculture income mod
    Silk - trade
    Timber - building cost
    Wine - public order
    Grain/livestock - farming income
    Horses - cavalry recruitment cost
    Slaves - public order negative
    Amber - trade tariffs
    Spices - trade tariffs
    Salt - food

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Do you consider to disable settlements as a diplomatic outcome? (if possible)
    I am in Turn 147 and got my 4th settlement already form diplomatics and as there is no way to gift the settlement back, I find this really unrealistic and also annoying, as it breaks my borders/ plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Remodor View Post
    I am in Turn 147 and got my 4th settlement already form diplomatics
    Turn 148, 5th settlement. It is getting ridiculous..

I'm quite sure it's hardcoded (and random) which means anyone can't do anything.
    My advice is not to use that intrigue.

Can the battle difficulty effects be modified? I'd like to play on higher battle difficulty settings, but by doing so you lose the ability to mouse over enemy units and see their descriptions, which really detracts from the game when that information is hidden, as it reduces the enemy army to just a barbarian horde, with unit names that are meaningless and incomprehensible to me. Can I add AI bonuses to the normal battle difficulty setting, or remove the UI restrictions from harder difficulties (which really aught to have been part of the "realism mode" setting, rather than vaguely integrated into the slider)?

Battle difficulty is not moddable in Rome 2.

Why is the Cretan Archers Range only 150?
    Even the description says: "[...]unlike most Mainland the Greek archers, drawing the bowstring back further allowed them to fire with more range, more power, and more accuracy.[...]"
    Mainland Archers range is 155 for Helots and 165 for Allied Archer. Especially as they cost more than 3 times off the Helots price.

They use heavier arrows. Due to that they have lower range but have best AP damage of all archers.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Battle difficulty is not moddable in Rome 2.
    Is there a relatively simple way to give the AI some basic buffs, like +morale, by script or some other setting to create the same effect?