Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I'm not really a fan of Spies being able to Steal Food. How exactly is a Spy - even if we assume the campaign map unit represents an entire network - able to set up such a logistics chain from far away?

It also feels like a cheap, cheaty and unbalanced way of providing Food rather than planning and investing into the required infrastructure.

A submod to revert the Spy's deployment abilities would be cool...!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

you can lower or even set the values to 0 into "action_results_additional_outcomes_tables"
    effect records should be one of "age_province_steal_food" or "rom_character_food" or even both, I don't remember right now

I suspect adding back the previous functionality would be more complicated. I kind of liked deploying them in my region to counteract enemy agents, hidden armies and such.

Maybe deploying in enemy territory could grant an extension to Sight, revealing more of the map around the spy?

Patrician

think so, try adding the effect under the proper entry.

I am stuggling to not take heavy casualties from phalanx units I am wondering if I should reinstall.

I'm playing on Normal battle difficulty and VH campaign difficulty, its a great mod and I usually win easy enough on the campaign side of things, but even when I win battles vs phalanx heavy armies my infantry always take a massive beating, partly because the push mechanic completely destroys my lines, with enemy units doing a 90 degree turn into and through my units (said enemy unit being completely surrounded but still not routing for ages and somehow causing massive casualties to veteran/elite units). I know I could compose ranged heavy armies and destroy them easily, but as Rome for instance you want to make the historical heavy infantry stacks (with maybe 4 units of ranged), but they just get chopped down by phalanxes if they get into melee.

At least for me, it seems like my mod might be bugged. Has anyone else experienced this?

My principes and hastati are faster moving and can easily disengage from phalanxes and remanouvre, which is good, but eventually they will have get into melee, and even when I surround phalanxes they dont route and instead my own guys route, even though they have much better morale.

Default Random - Alexanders Sword Ancillary

Is this a random one? I'm 100+ turns in and still no sign of it for any of my generals or governors (Macedon)

Patrician

Default Re: Random - Alexanders Sword Ancillary

You should get it after winning a battle with another greek faction (5% probability)

Ah, Ive been fighting a lot of barbs but I did conquer athens, sparta, epirus and knossos. Does this include all hellenic factions?

Patrician

you must be greek culture and fight any greek culture (ptolemy and seleuki included).
    If you want a cheating pack for it I can do that.

I'm Macedon, so yeah if I just fight Hellenic culture factions (those that remain) it is possible to drop? So from those remaining would be Rhodes,Syracuse, ptolemy etc etc

Patrician

yeah, every faction with greek culture displayed

Guess Im off to wage war then *gleefully laughs*

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Thread merged.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver27 View Post
    I am stuggling to not take heavy casualties from phalanx units I am wondering if I should reinstall.

I'm playing on Normal battle difficulty and VH campaign difficulty, its a great mod and I usually win easy enough on the campaign side of things, but even when I win battles vs phalanx heavy armies my infantry always take a massive beating, partly because the push mechanic completely destroys my lines, with enemy units doing a 90 degree turn into and through my units (said enemy unit being completely surrounded but still not routing for ages and somehow causing massive casualties to veteran/elite units). I know I could compose ranged heavy armies and destroy them easily, but as Rome for instance you want to make the historical heavy infantry stacks (with maybe 4 units of ranged), but they just get chopped down by phalanxes if they get into melee.

At least for me, it seems like my mod might be bugged. Has anyone else experienced this?

My principes and hastati are faster moving and can easily disengage from phalanxes and remanouvre, which is good, but eventually they will have get into melee, and even when I surround phalanxes they dont route and instead my own guys route, even though they have much better morale.
    I’ll defer to the devs when they weigh in, but this doesn’t sound like a glitch to me. Roman infantry should lose to most pikes, and even if you rout them you should have casualties. The best way I’ve found to minimize casualties as Rome is to only engage pikes frontally with your heavy infantry (principes or legionnaires - no hastani). Then use your hastani to charge their backs. As soon as they start to turn around, disengage so they never engage your light/medium troops frontally. Rinse and repeat. Bonus points for leaving auto fire off and saving your precursor javelins for their backs.

Hey, do you need a submoD and are there any on your fashion? DEI. Reduction of garrisons, they are in the capitals for 20.+ army inside, on such a city need stacks 4-6, and so much does not carry and for him the player is invulnerable. Need mods for weak garrisons. that would be able to Ii 2 stacks, at least somehow pose a threat.
    Now the cities in the hands of the player are invulnerable, very strong garrison, I know that some of it is weak.
    But not enough, a garrison of 20 units requires at least 2 stacks, and if there's an army, all 4 of them.

We have a fight at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1604562069

Initial shooters, killing 150-300, VERY much. And these are goblits with 70 armor. There is no fashion to reduce the damage to the arrows?

Libertus

Hi guys, first of all, much respect and love for all the people involved with this awesome project that is DEI! Since a year or so I really started playing this game with DEI, and I must say I'm amazed at the way you guys have made the game into what it was supposed to be, imo at least, but i guess everybody here agrees? So I have played as the Nervii, Rome and am now playing as Syracuse.

Which brings me to my question, where are the Gastraphetes? And the Dart slingers for that matter. I was under the impression that both units were Sicilian AOR units, but even with lvl3 Cities, towns, and Barracks, they are not available anywhere.. With Rome they were accessible through the Aux Barracks, while Syracuse only has one barracks type. Am I missing something here?

Cheers!

Icon5 Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Does anybody know if the AI does this echelon formation on purpose?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Just wondering if it's a feature or bug, thanks.

May I suggest a small rework of unit experience? First in terms of rate gain, my understanding is that this is managed separately for each unit class? Melee units and cavalry seem mostly ok, but phalanx and missile units gain experience way too fast. In my current Seleucid campaign, it only takes 1-2 battles for my silver shields (starting at rank 3, to reach rank 6). After a few battles most of my army is gold chevrons. Judging from Grabbin’s screenshot above, he’s having the same.

Second, and I think less controversial, can the distribution of stat increases be spread out some? The first rank increases both attack and defense by one, but then it’s several more ranks until the next core increase (a point of morale in between). My request would just be to move attack to the second or third level (or vice versa defense). If we’re feeling radical, maybe even wait until rank 4 for any attack or defense and just focus on morale and ranged skills for the first 3. I really, really like the feel that experience is so powerful, I just wish that veteran status meant more than surviving one skirmish.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by nhvanputten View Post
    May I suggest a small rework of unit experience? First in terms of rate gain, my understanding is that this is managed separately for each unit class? Melee units and cavalry seem mostly ok, but phalanx and missile units gain experience way too fast. In my current Seleucid campaign, it only takes 1-2 battles for my silver shields (starting at rank 3, to reach rank 6). After a few battles most of my army is gold chevrons. Judging from Grabbin’s screenshot above, he’s having the same.
    No, you can't do that, I might be wrong but I've never seen anything regarding this type of division, and the way the game assigns points is hardcoded. You can just set global thresholds and % modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Imladrik View Post
    Hi guys, first of all, much respect and love for all the people involved with this awesome project that is DEI! Since a year or so I really started playing this game with DEI, and I must say I'm amazed at the way you guys have made the game into what it was supposed to be, imo at least, but i guess everybody here agrees? So I have played as the Nervii, Rome and am now playing as Syracuse.

Which brings me to my question, where are the Gastraphetes? And the Dart slingers for that matter. I was under the impression that both units were Sicilian AOR units, but even with lvl3 Cities, towns, and Barracks, they are not available anywhere.. With Rome they were accessible through the Aux Barracks, while Syracuse only has one barracks type. Am I missing something here?

Cheers!
    Siege building lvl 2, also you need timber and research in siege.

They are worth it, 4 of them destroy the enemy missile units.

The only bad side, you can't use flaming arrows.

@Jake Armitage
    Maybe you know how to give flaming arrows to the Gastraphetes ?