Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Hey Dreseden and DEI Team,

first and formemost its again time for a big THANKS to all your effort and providing me countless hours of fun time with this mod.

A question about Pella though. Is there any plan to make Pella a special city? Like Rome? So you could add some more flavour to it. Like a bit of additional culture income from the Tombs at Argiai, or +1 heavy Infantry veterancy upon recruitment to represent the cities of macedon that each supported a taxeis of phalangites like Rome has with its Port? At the moment Pella is "just a random city", but i think especially in that timeframe it deserves more.

Just a thought=)

Anyways Cheers!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by SacredBoltgun View Post
    Hey Dreseden and DEI Team,

first and formemost its again time for a big THANKS to all your effort and providing me countless hours of fun time with this mod.

A question about Pella though. Is there any plan to make Pella a special city? Like Rome? So you could add some more flavour to it. Like a bit of additional culture income from the Tombs at Argiai, or +1 heavy Infantry veterancy upon recruitment to represent the cities of macedon that each supported a taxeis of phalangites like Rome has with its Port? At the moment Pella is "just a random city", but i think especially in that timeframe it deserves more.

Just a thought=)

Anyways Cheers!
    It's not a bad idea.
    @Dresden ???

We already tried making it a special city - the files are actually all in the mod already to do so. It caused a weird battle map bug when we did, so we removed it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thatīs a shame. I was wondering why you made Athens and Rhodos but not Pella but that explains it.

Υeah such a shame indeed.

I was thinking about the Confederation Mechanic, specifically, the naming system. Currently the names of confederations are Anglicised, I was thinking that perhaps the names should be changed either to their native tongue or a "Latinized" variation. I saw in a thread, that Greek Strategos gave examples of a more fitting name for the Hellenic League. It would be good to see this expanded!

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es

I know this has probably been asked many times before but could anyone be so kind as to direct me to any guide on how to modify the campaign movement range for armies, specifically for the Caesar in Gaul campaign? I did search for it myself but couldn't find anything other than a mention regarding land_unit tables, which didn't seem to be relevant to my issue. Many thanks in advance.

Hello DeI team. First of all, I want to thank you for the wonderful work that you did with this mod. Congratulations and hope you're continuing on the same path.
    Now to the critique/request part : iI was playing quite a lot lately with steppe factions and Saka Rauka in particular. Since the reforms for this faction requires it to hold territories bordering India, wouldn't be better that the objectives would also reflect that?
    I'm talking about objectives from tier II forward that require the player to be at war or conquer provinces like Dacia that are quite far away from India.
    Thank you again DeI team for countless hours of fun with this mod.

I find the italian swordsmen garrison troops i'm always facing in italy to be very dull vaguely roman looking troops, Could use some jazzing up. In fact all garrison troops could use some personality. Also the AI keeps building them as opposed to more interesting regional italian troops.
    Last edited by JPrice94; September 16, 2017 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I know this has probably been asked many times before but could anyone be so kind as to direct me to any guide on how to modify the campaign movement range for armies, specifically for the Caesar in Gaul campaign? I did search for it myself but couldn't find anything other than a mention regarding land_unit tables, which didn't seem to be relevant to my issue. Many thanks in advance.
    Ηey mate.
    You want to just reduce army movement in the campaign right ? not the battlefield etc

Yeah, just on the campaign map. Is there a setting just for the CiG campaign? Because it seems fine in the normal campaign but in CiG armies are zipping from settlement to settlement.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Yeah, just on the campaign map. Is there a setting just for the CiG campaign? Because it seems fine in the normal campaign but in CiG armies are zipping from settlement to settlement.
    Ι'll check it up for you.
    Have you checked Dei_campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects though ???

PS
    This submod also still works AFAIK
    Reduced movement range for land units - DeI 1.2 Beta
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 16, 2017 at 01:13 PM.

How'd I miss that, thanks a lot, I will give it a try!
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

How'd I miss that, thanks a lot, I will give it a try!
    Μy pleasure mate. Let me know if it works. I could try to update it, I think it's ok though.

Unfortunately doesn't seem to be working for me, I tried editing rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range myself too but there was no difference.

Unfortunately doesn't seem to be working for me, I tried editing rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range myself too but there was no difference.
    Ηave you started a new game ? Ι'll check this out and get back to you.

I hadn't, but I've now tested it in a new game and it works! Thanks again.

I hadn't, but I've now tested it in a new game and it works! Thanks again.
    I'm glad it worked out for you mate.

Did the latest patch remove Piraeus from Athens? I took Athens as Antigonidai 10ish turns in and it was just a fishing wharf, no Piraeus.

Athens has never had a permanent special port. They do have one they can build themselves eventually

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----