Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by son of romans View Post
    So bad...but how I can merge manually both rosters? I will be very thankful....
    If you want to play with the old dacian roster you can get the AFP submod and play as one of the other dacian factions. But to merge them you need to copy the entries for the "dacian" military group in the unit military permissions table over to the "getae" group.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dresden, I've got one request: The Roman Hollow Square formation, as it's description says, should buff unit with morale and melee defence. In currect version of DEI, it only increases base morale. If you don't mind, you could buff melee defence as well, when using that formation.

Are other auxilia units planned? I would know two more units ...

I have to say I've really been loving the overhauls to DEI this past fall and mid summer. The population system is fantastic and I love the new hoplites mechanics. Be that as it may I notice an issue with them and I don't know if thiscounte as a bug or what. But I notice that enemy Hellenic factions or any faction that has hoplites has this unique method of breaking other phalanxes that I don't know are intended or not. So in times of extreme danger, such as when the so is completely surrounded, it often tries to find any way out. Used to I would notice in sieges they may try and force their way through the tiniest line path between your soldiers and the wall they are hugging. But as of recently I notice that if an enemy faction has hoplites, they will put them I phalanx mode, but turn it sideways and the men moving into position will essentially break up your formation(although they take casualties, their armor and melee defense generally stabilizes them to even combat status) And essentially attack your phalanx or formation from within regardless of how deep your formation is yet I have not been able to replicate the results against the so. I will take pictures as soon as I can.

Is there anything that can be done to fix how far enemy transport ships can travel in a turn? Right now holding on to Sicily is made a lot harder by the fact that Carthage can send a stack of transports to within reinforcement range of the southernmost settlement in Sicily, which is ridiculous considering I can't even get a stack across the Adriatic in one turn. I feel like I should get at least one turn to react instead of getting ninja'd by three stacks of Carthaginian troops with no advanced notice.

Any chance we could get a few Corinthian style helmets sprinkled into the ranks of Greek hoplite units? I understand they had fallen out of favor by this time period, but surely there would be at least a few men still using them in battle. It would make sense to me that some of the older older veterans might prefer this type of helm, especially considering how equipment and weapons were often handed down through the generations.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Nope. There were not used for quite some time even before DeI starts and I doubt that veterans would chose them over better helmets. You can still see them on some Spartan generals in DeI but keep in mind than even Spartans during Peloponnesian Wars already moved away from Corinthian helmets for the most part or even fully.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; August 22, 2017 at 01:43 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by theLuchii View Post
    Is there anything that can be done to fix how far enemy transport ships can travel in a turn? Right now holding on to Sicily is made a lot harder by the fact that Carthage can send a stack of transports to within reinforcement range of the southernmost settlement in Sicily, which is ridiculous considering I can't even get a stack across the Adriatic in one turn. I feel like I should get at least one turn to react instead of getting ninja'd by three stacks of Carthaginian troops with no advanced notice.
    I am actually surprised to hear of transports moving well because they have very short movement sadly. The AI doesnt have a bonus to it either. If the AI is actually doing successful naval moves and is somewhat surprising you I would say thats actually good. Rome 2 AI is notoriously bad at that

Quote Originally Posted by Goatse_Mare View Post
    Any chance we could get a few Corinthian style helmets sprinkled into the ranks of Greek hoplite units? I understand they had fallen out of favor by this time period, but surely there would be at least a few men still using them in battle. It would make sense to me that some of the older older veterans might prefer this type of helm, especially considering how equipment and weapons were often handed down through the generations.
    I think Syracusians or Massalian got some units with Corinthian kranos and as KAM said, some spartan lochagos got them too.

For some time, I've been thinking about an idea in my head.
    The following: Is it possible to create a unit "Praefectus", which instead of a Legatus Legionis could command auxiliaries that could be left as a province guard while going to war with the legions? Greetings

If the AI is actually doing successful naval moves and is somewhat surprising you I would say thats actually good. Rome 2 AI is notoriously bad at that
    I didn't play Vanilla for many hours before installing DEI, but one thing I noticed were huge improvements on AI navy usage! In Vanilla, the AI would send their land armies in transports to attack my fleets and get crushed but I don't think I've ever been attacked by enemy transports at sea.

Even more impressive, when I was stretched thin with two armies fighting in Cisalpina, a small one guarding Rome against landings, and one guarding the south of Italy against Carthaginian invasion from Sicily the crafty bastards sailed a huge fleet into the Adriatic, ignored my pathetic little patrolling fleet, landed in Asculum, rekt my poor garrison, sacked the settlement, and buggered right off back into the sea. They've been back and sailed all the way up to Arretium, but didn't land since I keep my Cisalpine legions close by. They've also landed in Corsica a couple of times. I'm still waiting for the Daorsi, who control most of the Adriatic to start landing... So far they seem to prefer attacking me through chokepoints in Cisalpina instead.

Hey, I'm thinking about playing this mod (never did), and i have few questions:

-I dont want to be play as Rome, but i want to face a powerful rome. So, if i play as the parthes, is there a chance that I meet a tremendous, unstoppable roman empire couple hundred turns in?

-Does it work along with camera mods, or is there any included (im thinking about zoom in mod, and no fading on units).

-Is the AI really taking supply system in consideration? or mindlessly sending armies in the desert ?

-What is the difficulty like? Im going to lose all the 1v1 fights of similar units ?

Thanks

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by lequintal69 View Post
    Hey, I'm thinking about playing this mod (never did), and i have few questions:

-I dont want to be play as Rome, but i want to face a powerful rome. So, if i play as the parthes, is there a chance that I meet a tremendous, unstoppable roman empire couple hundred turns in?

-Does it work along with camera mods, or is there any included (im thinking about zoom in mod, and no fading on units).

-Is the AI really taking supply system in consideration? or mindlessly sending armies in the desert ?

-What is the difficulty like? Im going to lose all the 1v1 fights of similar units ?

Thanks
    First of all. Welcome to DeI
    Now to your questions.

There are no guarentee that any specific factions will be enormous, but there are, especially for Rome, certain factors that we have added to increase their chance of survival and their growth, so there is a fairly good chance that you will end up facing a proper enemy in Rome. Take into account that some stuff is simply not moddable and the AI is still the AI.

NO CAMERA MODS! They will break the mod and our scripted systems. I believe we already have a camera mod as an integrated part.

The AI is the AI. It can only comprehend complicated systems like the supply system to a certain extend.

Any battle difficulty settings above normal will give a stat bonus to the AI. This is hardcoded in the game and nothing that we can change. We have a pretty good battle system that is constantly being improved so battles will be a lot better than vanilla.

I would recommend that you read through the Guides and Manuals before you play. So you dont end up asking a bunch of questions about the reform system, when the answer is already there

Enjoy

Ducenarius

if i use an animation kill mod how does it affect the overall combat balance in dei BAI?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It if uses kv_rules it will break pretty much everything with battle mechanics.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Ducenarius

Good to know.
    By the way you have done a terrific job with the battle mechanics.especially the pikes

Hello everyone,

I think the Dei developers are the same with Brocken crescent developers of M2TW. As a humble fun of your work i want to express my thanks for those hardworking results.I have a question for you guys with no intention to be a spore of intrigate.Personally i would rather buy and play one of your mods rathen than the original game itself,for various reasons not to be mention.I think a good majority of people would do the same.So adressing to you guys, why dont you create your own game ?Why you like to be the music of the backround?Saddly people say i like and play RTW2 rather than DEI.So it leaves me with a bitter question, if you can shine why you dont?

Foederatus

Does the AI also have the supply system?

Yes

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes
    Also, is there some kind of tutorial on how the supply system works? I don't really understand what the buildings are supposed to do and the explanation given on the forum confuses me... (._.")