Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Well I can say he is wrong there as attacking back of pikes and hoplites gives lots of casualties for them since they are only units that get huge armour debuff when flanked. It was tested many times and even medicore troops are lethal to flanked pikes. I think people like him just want super fast 3-5 minutes battles in a mod where people prefer to have much longer battles. Most issues with morale and such are when people play battles on hard, very hard or legendary as they are to be played only on normal.

he use this Mods:

aktivierte Mods:
    DeI packs 1 & 2 & 3
    DeI Dynamic Killspeed
    DeI No negative PO Garrison Units
    Orbis Terrarum II

anjd he teel this to me:

" Let me put it this way, the blob and formation behavior in TW is often not what you want.
    If everyone squeezes on top of it during the siege it's a real chaos, but in Vanilla you could still do something.

When I squeeze normal principes on top, they somehow want to keep their formation tight and don't really attack the militia and archers on the side. The ranks are limited to 7 at Meleee. Archers are limited to 4 ranks and therefore they are more mobile on the walls. "

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Because in base game there is Formed Attack ability, which is bugged, hence why it was removed in DeI, Ancient Empires for Attila or Medieval Kingdoms for Attila.

It forces soldiers to be in formation but also makes them much weaker and makes beating them easy. For example they are unable to flank phalanx so they stand in front of phalanx and die. Their stats also get hidden debuffs when they use it. When we still had formed attack, it meant that Romans were easiest to beat, especially as phalanx and Barbarians were toughest to beat

Best example is that if you have a unit with Formed attack enable and same unit with formed attack disabled, second one will always win.

His part about ranks limited are not from the base game, it is something that was added in DeI, in base game you can stretch units as you want, so no idea from where he gets that.

There are many other vanilla combat bugs that were fixed in DeI.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; October 26, 2020 at 06:44 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I will check.
    Thank you
    Please when you get chance can you let me know the result, as I'm interested to know whether this is a bug or something unique with my setup.

Hello there,
    I'm playing HatG as Carthage, have Imperium lvl 8 and over 50 provinces, but I still don't have the last carthaginian reform.Is this intentional or a bug on my end?
    Shouldn't Carthage get all their reforms in this campaign, or maybe even start on their second one, as the campaign is set 70 years after the start of the main campaign, and then go up to the third and last one?

Since we moved Carthage's reforms to Greek global reforms, they are no longer active in HaTG. That is something we maybe need to take a look at.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hello,
    I would like to see some blood in the battles! Do you recommend a blood mod which is compatible do DeI?

Another reform question; Epirus starts with all the thureos reform stuff unlocked from turn 1 it seems. I suppose that is because of historical reasons? Though I'm not sure, so just to make sure, this is intentional?

Yes, because of historical reasons, Epirus starts in the thureos reforms.

Hello again, his is something I've been wondering as well.
    The Cingetoi unit for the Boii and Nervii and the Cingetes for the Scordisci. The Scordisci unit is basically the same as the Boii one, using spears and shieldwall. Except the Boii one uses normal length spears and not the 3m ones of the Scordisci, which from the unit description seems normal, as it doesn't say the Boii one uses 3m spears.
    However, the Nervii unit is just a spear unit without Shieldwall, but also uses 3m spears as it says in their unit description, too. Should they not be a pike unit like the other two and be able to use shieldwall? It looks very janky how they're fighting in close combat with those 3m spears, with clipping and all.
    So that is basically the question ; is everything I described working as intended/would you perhaps change the Nervii unit as described above?

Hello mod team, I'd like to suggest a change for at least the cisalpine celtic unit roster of the AI factions.

First off, a lot of the theoretically available units for both gallic and cisalpine factions are greyed out due to... the reform system, I guess?
    This locks units of the better tier, though the gallic tribes can at least use naked spearmen and naked spear skirmishers for variety in their army composition.

The Belgae and Germani AI factions however have immediate access to almost every available unit that's also used by the playble factions such as the Nervi and Suebi, why is that so? Is this intended so that a roman or Averni player has an easier time to advance against the cisalpine and gallic AI factions? Even if it might be more historically accurate to lock these celtic units, it limits these factions a lot.

Another thing I noticed for these two celtic factions is that they have a celtic youth skirmisher unit as well as the Gaeroas, though both units are absolutely identical except for a bit different upkeep costs while there are no veteran skirmishers like the germanic have. Why?

Finally, the cisalpine celts are just absolutely limited in all regards. I won't talk about the absence of archers because that has historical reasons I guess and it doesn't matter for me personally.
    It doesn't matter if it's the AI or me when using the faction unlock submod, the only good units the cisalpine factions have (apart from the previously mentioned locked units) are the Appea Gaedotos and the Botroas, there's nothing else.
    One major problem here imo is that the tier II warrior lodge only enables the "Bagaudas" for recruitment - a sword unit that's basically the same as the two other mid-tier sword units the cisalpine celts can recruit from their village and tier I warrior lodge.
    So, the cisalpines essentially have only that: Appea Gaedotos and Botroas. And a total of 3(!) different mid-tier sword units that are more or less just the same and not very useful anymore in prolonged campaigns.

On the other hand, only the cisalpines are completely missing out any naked units although these guys are mentioned so often to be related to the alps, hm...
    So my suggestion here would be to remove these "Bagaudas" from cisalpine tier II military buildings and instead give them the naked javelin throwers that are also present at gallic and belgic factions.
    To make the cisalpines not too "gallic" in regards of the unit roster, I'd not give them the naked spearmen from gallic AI factions though and instead emphasize the Caturige Gaedann even more as the equivalent of the Ekromoi Hoplitai, just as the Appea Gaedotos are the equivalent of the mid-tier hoplites.
    What I mean here is to increase the speed of the Caturige Gaedann by 1 and give them a slight buff maybe elsewhere as well, because there should be a reason why anyone even wants to use them when celtic sword infantry (better overall than Euzonoi) is already available.
    So maybe a hybrid between the current armor rating and the decent melee stats of the naked gallic spearmen and base morale.
    Because at the current state this unit is also basically just the same as the Catuiros Lancia, just a tiny bit faster in movement, but lesser units and less armor. I mean at least I guess that the actual point of the Cturige Gaedann is to mimic a celtic counterpart of the Ekdromoi Hoplitai as it makes no sense to use them as frontline if you can't afford the Appea Gaedotos but the Catuiros Lancia who are else almost identical in stats to the C. Gaedann but just a bit better.
    For the designated flank attack role I currently just feel that the Caturige Gaedann are a bit too slow and maybe a bit too weak overall compared to what else is available.

Also, would it be overpowered or too historically inaccurate if the locked units are made available to the cisalpines and gallics right away just like for the belgic and germanic factions?

Hey there,
    I have a question about faction leader effects and how they're determined.
    When I first had my new faction leader and put him in the capital, I got huge debuffs, because in the faction tab it says "bad leader". Fair enough I thought, he had bad traits ( low levels in everything and even a dullard in the education "tree"). Later however he improved to the scholar rank and I put him into the capital again, but still a bad leader. So is how good of a leader a character is basically a dice roll when he's spawned into existence? Or is there some part in his character interface with all his effects that I have overlooked which tells me what and why his skill as a leader would be?

Yes, it's a dice roll when the character is spawned, as far as I remember.

Alright, thank you!

If you want to, you can change the trait that determines this using the save parser. Take a look through the forum and there is a thread somewhere in which the traits that are allocated to each leader outcome (bad, medium, good) are defined

Hello DeI team,I know that you have spent a decent amount of time balancing Pontus and make them unique, however, I would like to request making them a little stronger for the late game. Their roster is terribly bad on early game, very strong on mid-game, and then okay during late game. Their cavalry can't hold against eastern cavalry and their infantry can not hold against the greek elite's. Their missile units can not 1v1 with any other missile units.I have an empire in which I fight with Parthia, Scythians, Rome, Egypt. Without clever and tactical moves and elephants, I find Pontic roster really difficult to hold against those factions. Cav can not win against eastern or steppe, infantry is being peppered by greeks... Was it your intention to make their roster balanced overall but not great at anything?Regards.
    Last edited by tndgu; November 11, 2020 at 06:07 AM.

Patrician

If you would check out FB and discrod, you would see some new stuff for Pontus. Although they will never have high tier elite units, they are more jack of all trades faction. None of their regiments really did well outside of Sarmatian bodyguard. Their strength was always in numbers and variety of troops types. One of new units they get is late reform upgrade of thureos swords, that was raised at the end of Mithridatic wars, using partially Greek, Romand and Armenian equipment and draw from 3rd pop class. Their cavalry will also be a bit stronger and maybe they might get some Bosphoran friends to join

Here is example of their cavalry updated look that will go along some stat changes.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by KAM 2150; November 11, 2020 at 07:18 AM.

Semisalis

Right now native population growth is influenced by cultural majority within owned regions. The more of your culture, the more your native population will grow. Shouldn't it be the exact opposite? The more your native population grows the more of your culture you get int the province? Could it even be possible to do this within the population script limits?

Hey guys,
    I'd like to propose a small design change for Machimoi Phalangitai of the Ptolemaioi. As I understand it, they're the thorax upgrade for the Ptolemikoi Machimoi Phalangitai , like the Kleruchoi Thorakitai Phalangitai are for the Ptolemikoi Kleruchoi Phalangitai.
    However to me, they look a bit "wrong" for lack of a better word. What I mean is their cloaks, they all wear one, which I think makes them look more like an elite or guard unit, not a "normal" unit like their Kleruchoi Thorakitai counterpart. For that reason I'd like to propose a removal of those cloaks. If there's some historical reason for them they should not be changed of course, and it's ultimately up to you from the mod team anyways naturally.

Patrician

I will look into it, I dont think there is any reason for them to have cloaks outside of looking cool so I can change it.

I just started a new Athenai campaign and decided that I'd make a new icon for the Athenai Toxotai unit in the DeI style to help distinguish them from the Psiloi Toxotai with whom they share an icon. I've made one that's workable, but I don't know much about database stuff. Could I bug one of you to tell me which db files to edit to change the icon for the Athenai Toxotai? Here's a mockup I made by using my new icon as a replacer for the shared toxotai icon. Thanks in advance!

https://i.imgur.com/jkZv2IP.jpg