Page 98 of 319 FirstFirst ... 4873888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108123148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 6379

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

  1. #1941
    Maetharin's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,474

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Yeah Greeks usually influenced locals more than being influenced, whilst often intermarrying with their women due to lack of their own female population.
    So if anything, youŽd tend to see a rather celticly light skinned hellenised population, but not mustached greeks.
    If greeks wore a beard, they tended to wear it full.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

    Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

    "I concur!"

    ​Me

  2. #1942
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    11,241

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    If greeks wore a beard, they tended to wear it full.
    That's true.

  3. #1943

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    I have a modding question: is it possible to mod the game so that capturing/looting/razing doesnt consume the army's movement points?

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Could allow some blitzkrieging and reduce suicide rate from being stuck in "no quarter" siege battles where everyone has to die, because you (or the AI) didnt recon 100% of the surrounding enemy forces capabilities to instantly rape you.
    If it was possible it could be a very powerful feature.
    Last edited by Butan; July 17, 2017 at 07:18 PM.

  4. #1944

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    seeing as most of the hellenic factions have had an overhaul (sparta, pontus, athens, epirus, macedon, ect ect) will Pergamon get a new roster? I know the roster was added to coming into 1.2 but then so was epirus and athens and they received overhauls, also will Massalia possibly get a overhaul to reflect more gallic nature? I know AOR troops are there but I feel like due to historically how close the celtic tribe in the area were to the Massalians some heavier troops would be available to them.
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

  5. #1945
    KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Gdańsk, Poland
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Pergamon will get small update soon.

    Massalia if anything should be much more Greek and less Gallic, not the other way around so they will most lilely remain as they are for now since they are at the middle ground.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

  6. #1946

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    So, this is an observation on the topic of Pergamon, and this likely applies to other Hellenic factions as well. It seems their version of citizen cav, Pergamoi Hippeis, is inferior in every way to Tarantine Cavalry. Tarantine Cav is cheaper, with more horsemen, better stamina, speed, and the same or slightly superior stats across the board. Plus of course they have Javelins.

    All this added up begs the question of what the point of Pergamene Cavalry is for beyond historical representation. Perhaps the upfront cost and maintenance ought to be adjusted to reflect the reality of their performance?

  7. #1947

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheKlever View Post
    I started my first 1.2 campaign as Sparta, and I got together an army with a core of about 7 hoplite units (2 spartan, the rest perioikoi) which got absolutely wrecked by a similar amount of macedonian pike units. I'm not sure if it is better to leave them in a hoplite phalanx or not when fighting pikes, but it seemed the outcome was the same: the pikes would tear apart my hoplite group with the pushback mechanic, and rack up ~25 kills within a minute or two.

    I guess I'm delighted that the battle mechanics are a complete game-changer, but I'm not sure how I can counter such a large army of pikes with my hoplites!

    Been playing my first game with vanilla RTW II Empire Ed. as Sparta. I find some very annoying things: Not being able to trade because Hellas has no port, always too low on money to really do much, especially now that I am being attacked from the North by Boli, and on the East by almost everyone (Seleucid, etc.). To start I find this thing in TW Attila (which I have played more thoroughly) and RTW II where you can only have units when a General is present very annoying and restrictive. The way to protect empty cities, with garrisons by means of building improvements is quite limiting and insufficient; no chance when attacked by full enemy armies of 20 units. Then there's the foreign agents, especially the "mages" much too powerful, paralyzing my best armies sometimes for several turns in a row. Anyway, I'm going to give up on this Sparta vanilla campaign and install this mod, hopefully it will improve one or more of these things mentioned as well as many others; trust in other's comments that say it is a totally new RTW II with this mod !

    EDIT: Also annoying how often my generals and agents die of natural causes, after it's taken so long to build up their skills, experience and rank !
    Last edited by General Gordon; July 20, 2017 at 03:19 AM.

  8. #1948

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Been playing my first game with vanilla RTW II Empire Ed. as Sparta. I find some very annoying things: Not being able to trade because Hellas has no port, always too low on money to really do much, especially now that I am being attacked from the North by Boli, and on the East by almost everyone (Seleucid, etc.). To start I find this thing in TW Attila (which I have played more thoroughly) and RTW II where you can only have units when a General is present very annoying and restrictive. The way to protect empty cities, with garrisons by means of building improvements is quite limiting and insufficient; no chance when attacked by full enemy armies of 20 units. Then there's the foreign agents, especially the "mages" much too powerful, paralyzing my best armies sometimes for several turns in a row. Anyway, I'm going to give up on this Sparta vanilla campaign and install this mod, hopefully it will improve one or more of these things mentioned as well as many others; trust in other's comments that say it is a totally new RTW II with this mod !

    EDIT: Also annoying how often my generals and agents die of natural causes, after it's taken so long to build up their skills, experience and rank !
    Enjoy your campaign with DEI - it will be completely different None of my generals died before the age of 60 of natural causes, none of my agents before rank 10.

    But you still have to watch for enemy agents, kill them or stick a spy to your army to avoid enemy actions. And there are many guides about sparta, I think its best to expand your terrority as soon as possible, build an army and either attack Athens or use the landbridge to inner greece.

  9. #1949

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by motaboy View Post
    Enjoy your campaign with DEI - it will be completely different None of my generals died before the age of 60 of natural causes, none of my agents before rank 10.

    But you still have to watch for enemy agents, kill them or stick a spy to your army to avoid enemy actions. And there are many guides about sparta, I think its best to expand your terrority as soon as possible, build an army and either attack Athens or use the landbridge to inner greece.


    Killing enemy agents with 1% chance of success most of the time (whether with my Spy or Champion).

    I didn't attack Athens at first because they are a client state of MAcedon and suppose I would have been at war with them too.
    Now many turn into the campaign it's too late as I am overwhelmed by all sides, and thanking that Macedon is my millitary ally. I will just install DEI and try another faction, thanks for the help.

  10. #1950
    FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    5,866

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Killing enemy agents with 1% chance of success most of the time (whether with my Spy or Champion).

    I didn't attack Athens at first because they are a client state of MAcedon and suppose I would have been at war with them too.
    Now many turn into the campaign it's too late as I am overwhelmed by all sides, and thanking that Macedon is my millitary ally. I will just install DEI and try another faction, thanks for the help.
    The trade issue is not something that can be changed by us or anyone else as this is hardcoded in the game. Other than that. You should in many aspects experience a different game with DeI

  11. #1951

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Yes started playing with Seleucids and totally different game indeed. Hard to get used to the unit greek names though, but I-ll get used to it. Thanks

  12. #1952
    Senator
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tulifurdum
    Posts
    1,265

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Killing enemy agents with 1% chance of success most of the time (whether with my Spy or Champion).

    ...
    The agent play is quite relaxed in DeI. BTW it is usually much more effective to manipulate enemy agents than trying to kill. Champions are best in this. In this way you can either stop the next enemy action or even pull him/her to your side. It is almost a bit too easy, with chances of about 40 to 50% with high level agents. I ususally have f.e. more dignitaries so than allowed to recruit myself, although I even restrict myself and do not use manipulation in many cases.

  13. #1953

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Yes started playing with Seleucids and totally different game indeed. Hard to get used to the unit greek names though, but I-ll get used to it. Thanks
    You have the explanation of what that unit is, in brackets below the greek name.

  14. #1954

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    This mod is great, really.
    My only complaints so far is:
    -When trying to recruit units, it's very difficult to choose when you have three rows of different units to recruit from; the navigation to focus on the middle line is very difficult.
    -I cannot understand why a military presence lowers public order. As far as I know historically during all times a military presence causes precisely better public order even if people are discontent.
    -The Latin/Greek names of units is beautiful and realistic but doesn't contribute to playability, making it very difficult to know what the units are until you recruit them.
    -When using two different armies in a battle, one of them reinforcing, the unit selection tab is like merged and it's very difficult to select units from one or the other to form groups, as usually the two armies are at distant point in the map.
    Anyway, off to try Radious Total War mod instead...

  15. #1955

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    - The navigation pane scroll speed is not something we can change that I know of.
    - Forcing large armies to barracks directly in a city has never been very popular and has plenty of side effects on the populace. It also promotes more varied gameplay since you can't just city hop. You can use the patrol region stance to mitigate some of this (there is also a submod to change it if you absolutely hate it)
    - Well, we try to aim for a bit of historical authenticity and after playing for awhile you will get to learn and understand what the units are. So, you may actually learn a bit from playing the mod, never a bad thing I think. Once again, there is a submod for english names if you hate this that much.
    - This is simply part of the game from what I understand.
    - Radious...okay Well, thats a completely different type of mod - have fun!

    Follow us: Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube - Facebook

  16. #1956
    ♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    11,241

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    Anyway, off to try Radious Total War mod instead...
    Seriously now ???

  17. #1957

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Everyone has their own tastes and likes/dislikes

    Follow us: Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube - Facebook

  18. #1958

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    - The navigation pane scroll speed is not something we can change that I know of.
    - Forcing large armies to barracks directly in a city has never been very popular and has plenty of side effects on the populace. It also promotes more varied gameplay since you can't just city hop. You can use the patrol region stance to mitigate some of this (there is also a submod to change it if you absolutely hate it)
    - Well, we try to aim for a bit of historical authenticity and after playing for awhile you will get to learn and understand what the units are. So, you may actually learn a bit from playing the mod, never a bad thing I think. Once again, there is a submod for english names if you hate this that much.
    - This is simply part of the game from what I understand.
    - Radious...okay Well, thats a completely different type of mod - have fun!
    Thanks all for the feedback.
    Yes the navigation pane scrolling seems to be a common issue, not partciular to this mod I am finding out. Taking note of those mods you mention to change to English language and so on. Perhaps I'm just too lazy to learn so many new concepts and I will be more confortable with Radious. Anyway my game time for this title is going to be lengthy so I will still have plenty of time in the future to play this one throroughly. Thanks and congratulations for such outstanding work.

  19. #1959

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    General Gordon

    No offence to your decision, but Radious is just a mod while DEI 1.2 is what rome 2 should have been in my opinion.

  20. #1960

    Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

    DEI team, when are you going to release new update?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •