Page 78 of 378 FirstFirst ... 2853686970717273747576777879808182838485868788103128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 7558

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Icon7 Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

This siege topic is sadly without solution (only if CA makes it).

I was thinking about that setting "legion on leave" for maintainance purposes. The answer was right. Its just too much scripting...but...
    If there is like new army stance "on leave" then problem is solved...none unit looses exp because it wouldnt be disbanded at all. Main difference is, it still uses "number of armies" count but still. Point was money.
    Whole idea:
    new stance "on leave".
    Maintainance lowered to fixed 10% (cant get lower)
    still needs support train/near town ect as any army
    Can not move and is always ambushed if attacked.
    And mainly. Attrition rises to 99% it would imitate disbanding legion. = If you turn off this stance to normal, it would take a few/several turns to gather to full units legion, according to replenish rate, as any army.
    Difficult part is, it even drains manpower from region, because of everyturn replenishing...therefore it must add manpower to region to imitate not depleting locals but rather opposite. Or is there option "cant replenish"?lbecause it would solve this manpower part.
    At last. Lowers public order and food. Yea. They are profesional killers. What they do on leave. Criminality...
    Only issues are, that not real disband = army count and bigger problem. AI. No way it would understand it without real wide scripting. So make it just for players. Minor one is paint a new symbol for stance.

(Fingers crossed for no answer as not possible hehe)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

We can't add more stances so it would occupy one of existing stances and...it would be almost like a cheat for the player as the drawback are really small compared to the benefit, besides fully destroying population of the province in couple of turns (like stacking an army in a region you know you won't recruit from). Also it sounds near impossible to script.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Hi

This may or may not have come up before, apologies I haven't read all the thread.

With the problem of multiple entries in a building description pushing info off the top - would it not be possible to only list the new unlocks for a building tier, rather than everything - that could cut down on the amount of text needing to be shown.
    The player is usually well aware of what they could recruit before and are really interested in what's new.

But obviously I don't know if that's a thing you can control or if it's the game engine showing all elements...

KAM, don't you think that 22 armor is too low for Roman cataphracts? As they are covered with full armor, at least they should have armor level 24-26 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Invicta753 View Post
    KAM, don't you think that 22 armor is too low for Roman cataphracts? As they are covered with full armor, at least they should have armor level 24-26 in my opinion.
    Isn't the only difference between them and regular legionaries the fittings of plate on their right arm?

Patrician

Cataphract Legionares already have highest possible infantry armour in the game.

No, I meant Roman cataphract cavalry, they only have 22 armor, while other cataphracts have 26-28

Do you guys plan to change how rebellions work at aome point? the system from Vanilla is so bad.

I loved the fact that Carthage has a super annoying navy and if you wanna conquer them you have to beat them at the sea as well. This is not only historically correct but also something I haven't yet experienced in a total war game.

Tvrtko's Avatar Libertus

I think that map needs a bit of rework since provincial borders and borders in general are not clear when looking in map mode.

Since animal sacrifice and omens from the Gods were a very important part of battle preparation for Greeks and Romans (maybe others too), it would be awesome if that was somehow reflected in the game. If the priests detect an ill omen from the sacrifice, your army's morale is slightly nerfed. If they detect a favorable omen, your men get a morale buff. Maybe something like 70% of the time they are not able to glean a strong message either way and your army performs normally.

Probably not possible to add this to the mod but thought it wouldn't hurt to suggest.
    Last edited by Goatse_Mare; May 20, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

Icon14 Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Does anyone think that in 1.2 there should be more AOR units available as in not having a limit of six for example but base them on the population. I know that having the player be able to recruit a large number of AOR units is a good idea however it might make a difference in battles against AI if they have it as well such as 4 crossbows from Syracuse when playing as Roma against some that Carthage has.

An idea I think may make the game interesting is when you conquer a province and build a barracks should be able to gain access to the owning faction at the beginning of the games infantry. This is because I think it would be interesting to have a Iceni army with silver shield units if I conquered Syria. If this suggestion defeats the purpose of DEI I understand but the units wouldn't be as good as the faction that has them as core infantry. So for example if the AI as the Macedonians conquered Thracia they could get Thracian cavalry but if this would potentially break the game then I understand. I would think this would be a good idea as a sub mod if your planning any.

Another point is there anyway to increase the pool of mercenaries available and make the available more often. This is because at some point someone may want to get more higher upkeep units late in a campaign if they have a high income and very few armies left to recruit if they are at high imperium level.

So if any of the creators of DEI creators can comment on why it is a good/bad idea to have this could you explain why because I think unless it is already in 1.2 AOR units should be based on population. Thanks for the Mod that makes Rome 2 more realistic. The ideas that I have suggested I believe can make army builds more interesting for the player and AI but have a AOR unit limit on each individual army and not for your faction and it would affect Roma but they would be from the auxiliary barracks/romanized. I don't know if this is a good suggestion but I think it would make the gameplay more interesting for those first trying DEI.

Finally I would like to ask about generals. This is because with confederation and they already have generals when you confederate and make them a statesman and when you rerecruit them they have there own bodyguard types. I think a feature that should be added is AOR generals.

I apologise for droning on but how this would work is playing as Massila for example you are surrounded by barbarian tribes and can conquer them if you're strategic. What AOR generals is you can recruit a general in a province that started barbarian such as a Gallic general as Massilia but for all factions and they get a bonus if you have a barracks in that province that you fully control and get the core units of the original owners culture if they are Germanic or Thracian from Thracia and have there own traits such as raider trait for germanians and naval traits for Athenian ships if you build a military port for AOR core units and ships.

if it is confusing I understand I think the feature of province control and recruiting AOR core units and ship of the starting owners faction can make the games more interesting even if it is historically inaccurate. So having a bonus for your ships when you conquered Athens such as Athenian Naval techniques increase rate of XP gain and for Spartan units from the Sparta region they get the Spartan unit chevron bonus but not if your general tries to recruit from the region of Athens if you recruit a general as another faction from Sparta that has there symbol on ten top left of their portrait similarly o unique faction mercenaries.

Thanks for this mod and is this the last version of DEI and could this be made into a sub do of you are creating any. Thank you if you respond. For Dresden will 1.2 be released on steam 22/05/2017 or 23/05/2017 specifically.

Cheers 😊 👍🏻

If it is possible could there Elbe more units available for AOR units and an introduction of AOR Admirals and Generals.

This is so that you can get unique generals from a specific province of you control the entire province and AOR faction core units. This means that when you control a province and build a barracks you can get the core units of the faction that owned the region in the province such as Sparta or the Iceni.

i think that ships should be the same in a port province. However you can still get your core infantry and ships from the barracks/port. If this defeats the purpose of DEI or break the game I understand.

A question I would ask is does the AOR also affect the AI. If so I think this could lead to interesting armies if it also covers the workshop. However if this did happen then the AOR core units and ships would not be as good as if you are playing that faction.

Finally with the population system in 1.2 how does it affect AOR units when recruiting them and if my suggestion was in the mod. Also could this be made into a suggestion for a submod if you are creating any and will 1.2 be the final version of DEI.

Thank you for the mod and if a member of the DEI team could say how it would or would not work would be greatly appreciated and if it did work how would you implement it exactly.

rbt's Avatar Libertus

I love that new Hellenic overhaul, but are you going to do something with Nomadic factions too? They look like most ignored factions in mod, but I know too its hard to do something new for them, but maybe little refresh?

They have been overhauled already and have a completely custom reform system?

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

If you look only at the nomadic rosters on the custom battle screen, it might appear skimp. However, between the AoR and reform units, they definitely can field a big array of varied units. So the campaign is a whole different story, believe me.To date, my most enjoyable campaign was a Roxolani one from 1.1. I really felt like a marauding horde composed of many nations. Also, the Scythians got am overhaul in 1.1.

Okay, I'm afraid there is a really terrible design decision that came with the 1.2.1 update that needs to be changed.

It comes in the form of the modified starting formation shape for what looks like all of the pike and hoplite units. I have no idea how this new shape looks on large or ultra unit sizes, but on medium (100 men for regular hoplites and 128 men for pikes - surely the 'standard' from which the small, large and ultra sizes are reckoned?) it has essentially made these units start off in a square. In other words, those units for which getting hit in the side as opposed to the front has the most detrimental effects are now set up with as much area to be hit from at the sides as the front. Now regular frontal engagements has the attacking unit 'wrapping' around the pike or hoplite unit, because the front of the pike or hoplite unit is now so narrow that most other units can overlap their front row in a head-on charge and hack at their flanks.

This is an annoyance for the player because they now have to elongate all of their hoplite units and drastically elongate their pike units before the battle in order to minimise the side areas to be targeted and maximise the frontal defence/attack area that a pike or hoplite unit needs to keep their attackers in. For the AI however, this new default formation shape is an absolute disaster, because they seldom make any formation changes and so they are going around with a ridiculous 13x10 pike formation on the medium unit size setting.

It was set up pretty well before, and I'm not sure why it was touched. IIRC, pike units were set up in an appropriate rectangle of 26x5, with hoplites in a similar but more squashed rectangle. Whatever it was, hoplites should start off in a 17x6 type of setup.

Patrician

Mod is scaled for max unit size. If I would change those formations for lower sizes, it would ruin it in other places.

You would need custom formation depth for all unit sizes and mod can only have one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Mod is scaled for max unit size. If I would change those formations for lower sizes, it would ruin it in other places.
    It couldn't possibly ruin it any more for people playing on max unit size than it has for someone like me playing on medium. How was it ruined for people playing on max unit size in the previous versions, back when the medium unit size was fine? Just return the mod's formation shapes to how it was before.

By "ruin", I assume you mean that formations scaled for medium will cause max unit sizes to have lines that are a little too long, in which case it is far better than having every hoplite and pike unit in squares at the medium size setting and thus not functional for the AI, and extremely irritating for the player.

Patrician

I won't return it because it messed up those units on ultra sizes. That is caused by odd AI positioning of those units sidesways instead of frontally, which means that the longer AI units line is, the more they will try to walk through your units to position themselves to the side, meaning that you will slaughter their walking units and AI will just mass rout itself. With deeper formations, those units perform better, while overal deeper phalanaxes beat shallow phalanaxes. Plus those formations should be fighting in squares anyway.