Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Hello,
    First of all I would like to say thank you for this wonderful mod. You have given me many hours of entertainment.

I have a question about the thorax reforms.
    Polybios mentions there being thorakitai as well as there being "imitation legionaries". From my limited readings I interpret this to mean there was a more independent development of the thorakitai, possibly influenced by contact with celtic mail shirts and a further development of the thureophoroi. Later after heavy contact with Rome, it seems the imitation legionaries were developed in response to the Roman success in battle.

I was wondering what the team's interpretation of these developments in hellenic warefare are. Are there two somewhat distinct developments of mail wearing and roman inspired soldiers? And is there a general time period in which these developments occurred?

Hi, just a quick question. I've noticed when liberating native Italian factions, they tend to spawn with the generic Italian garrison units for armies, as opposed to specific e.g. Samnite, Lucanian etc. unit rosters. Was wondering whether this is a bug on my end, or whether it was maybe by design, engine limitation, etc.?

In any event, thanks a lot for this mod. It's the only way I can play TW anymore.

Cheers

It's a game limitation, as far as I'm aware. When you liberate a faction, they spawn with an army of garrison units, rather than the units in their core roster. Though I don't know if we have specific rosters for those Italian factions. They might all share the Etruscan roster.

They do have a roster, but unfortunately yes they use garrison units.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I find that the unit cards look very different from the unit in battle. Often the shield isn't even the same color.

That can happen. There are 2000 units and Rusty did his best to make the cards. But then we go back and do new updates, new units, etc. Then you have different variants in the units themselves, and only 1 was selected for the picture.

Most should look fairly similar, or enough to pass.

Is Saba/Nabatea worth playing? Their roster looks really underwhelming, seems like you could get bored of using the same units pretty quick.

They have some very interesting units, actually. And they are a bit more reliant on AOR once you get out of their home areas.

Now that I took a closer look at their roster,it actually does look pretty cool,because it looks like all their infantry has bows,with the exception of a spear unit that can apparently form a phalanx despite not being listed as a phalanx unit? So that seems pretty cool.

Epirus AI can recruit samnite warriors, the player cant

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by zSantyCz View Post
    Epirus AI can recruit samnite warriors, the player cant
    Would qualify as a bug. Report it there instead

I guess this maybe isn't the correct thread for this question. But the new thread for this subject would probably be too short so I put it here.

I wonder if it's possible to edit the reason to the happiness? In my Etruria game the cultural difference between Latin (Roman) and Italian (Etrurian - or non-Roman) is 60% to 40%, which causes a rapid major drop of happiness each turn and doesn't end dropping although I've fought rebellions. I tried to edit those mumbers in EditSF by going to region_array and further down go to population_order and religion to change the numbers for Latin religion (0.6) and Italian religion (0.4) for both Arretium and Ariminum (belonging to the same province) which seem to be the equivalent to 60% and 40%. I later on went to province_array too just to check if there was anything I might need to change but didn't find anything special. I then saved my changes and started the game again to check.

Those changes didn't make any difference and there was still Latin culture 60% (and rising) and Italian culture 40% (and dropping). If it's possible to change the percentage of cultures, where do I find that in the save?

Biarchus

Great mod!!! A couple comments.

Wow, ballista are overpowered... I recruited 4 and have found that in an open field battle my 4 units can kill often around 700 and once 1100 men in a single battle. That's as much as the rest of the army combined. Is this intentional?

Slaves are overpowered. My campaign as Rome is currently around 55 regions large. My income was suffering. I went to war and starting enslaving some captives and my income went up drastically by about 60k per turn within about 20 turns. Roughly 1k per region it would seem. Is this intentional?

Are there any tricks for getting the 90k per turn income that is needed for an economic victory? I started having all my generals and agents take the trait line to reduce empire maintenance. This seems to help quite a bit. Anything else in particular that I should be doing?

Thanks for the earlier response.

DeI makes armies bigger and more elite. And I'm not criticizing your design decision. But I would like to see an unarmored unit once in a while. Especially barbarians would have fought with large amounts of unarmored, low-tier spear units, like you see in Rome 1 when you start fighting the gauls as the julii.

Edit: Seems my impression was a bit off. There are many unarmored barbarian units.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; October 15, 2017 at 02:01 AM.

Is there a way to change garrison replenishment separately from army replenishment? I want really fast replenishing garrisons, but slowly replenishing armies.

Are there any units you guys have considered adding, but decided against/removed for lack of sources?

Yep, quite a few units we had in earlier versions of the mod have been removed/updated to reflect historical sources. I don't know if I can think of any specific ones immediately... oh right, Carthaginian pikes are one example. The only reference to those is very unclear whether they're pikes or just hoplites, so the team decided to remove pikes as they don't seem very likely (I'm not sure on the specific source here exactly, but another member of the team could probably remember).

Really? If there aren't reliable sources for that,then it must have been a Herculean task to find sources for the more isolated factions,like the Arabians or Meroe.

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Lovely mod. Bought Rome II as a pre-order and was very dissapointed. Returned now and downloaded your mod. So I am still learning the game. Everything is going well, and I have been fighting Carthage for like 20 years now. I have taken Sicily, Corsica, Sardinia and Balearas. Carthage however, still does not want peace. I kinda want to take a break from fighting them.. it has been a long war.. and I want to fight three Punic wars, not one huge one.

What can I do to get them to accept peace?
    Will and act until victory

Biarchus

Ally with their other enemies.