Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I am playing Royal Scythians, and factions that are green as can be with me, break trade agreements randomly, and refuse to make new ones.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Gotta loosen up those purse strings.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; September 03, 2019 at 05:48 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@ GyJIeBeP,

I'll have to start sending your messages to "my" serbian workers.

Anyway, yeah, I think that pack should work with 1.2.5, just give it a try.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; September 07, 2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: For continuity

:язык:

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by GyJIeBeP View Post
    :язык:
    please man, you should be thankful that I spend time to translate your cyrillic

https://translate.yandex.com/translator/English-Russian

I don't know why, but Sparta is weirdly weak after this update. They move so slow in phalanx formation that it's impossible changing direction in time to face flanking enemy. They also have this weird tendency to just stop while moving while in phalanx formation.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Nothign was changed in regards to Sparta in last few tweaks. All units move slow in phalanx as this is their historical drawback, lack of speed and maneuverability. They won't top in phalanx on itself, there is more story to that.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Nothign was changed in regards to Sparta in last few tweaks. All units move slow in phalanx as this is their historical drawback, lack of speed and maneuverability. They won't top in phalanx on itself, there is more story to that.
    They didn't feel this slow last update. I have played this mod long enough to notice when something is different. Phalanx units were slow but never this slow. I remember being able to rotate units in time whenever an enemy was about to flank them. I can't make them rotate fast enough to adapt to incoming charge anymore.

Units only stop moving in phalanx when they are near enemies. However, it used to be that when you order units to go near enemies, they will try to march there anyway and engage. Now, as soon as a single entity touches an enemy, the entire unit will stop moving and do nothing even though most of them are no where near the enemy.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense. I just feel that the Spartans are weirdly different compared to how I last played them. Probably some issue that affects all phalanx maybe?

Patrician

And I can assure you that this was always like that, especially last part as phalanx behaves like this since day one. Depending on enemy unit position, phalanx will in majority of cases stop in place if it touches enemy entity. Double clicking forces them to push forward. Plus there were no changes to phalanx speed for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    And I can assure you that this was always like that, especially last part as phalanx behaves like this since day one. Depending on enemy unit position, phalanx will in majority of cases stop in place if it touches enemy entity. Double clicking forces them to push forward. Plus there were no changes to phalanx speed for a long time.
    Nevermind. I found the issue. I used to play with a submod that increases unit movement. Didn't remember to get that when I reinstalled the game for this update.

However, the part about phalanx stopping still stands. My units tend to stop when they are not even in formation. Entities only move halfway to their intended destination, so half of a unit is in formation while the other half is scattered all over. I'll just verify the game's file and try the steam version instead to see if this still happen.

Patrician

Doing that wont solve it, this is just how game engine works and it did that for as long as I mod Rome 2. For example if you unit was attacked but you did not give attack order, phalanx or not, they wont move towards the enemy outside of guys that are in the front line. Just double click on enemy to force your soldiers to engage.

tell me how to reduce the garrisons of the times 2 or a sub mod of what? The AI does not cope in any, at LVL 2 for 20 units. For AI player OFC, but likely 20 to 20 , 0 the attacker, even 20 vs 40 not the fact that the attacker wins in General how to reduce in 2 times?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...41-unit-armies
    https://ibb.co/9Z5x9Y4

the link at the top of the mod for 40 units fertility.we have 30 and we need 1.25. help people good. don't know how to make 1 . 25 under 30 units.

Semisalis

One of my gripes that I keep coming across is how weak the unique Port landmark buildings are compared to generic ports. Port of Alexandria and Port of Carthage for instance are both extremely weak buildings, undesirable even as a standard port would be far better. The landmarks produce a bit of food and income, whereas with a regular port I can maximize either tons of food or tons of income. Generic ports are much better for minmaxing which is important in DEI's campaign since money and food can be tight. The only port I've seen that is worthwhile is Port of Rhodes, since it allows construction of Artillery Penteres in a minor settlement which is impossible anywhere else.

Africa and Aegyptus would both be very strong provinces if their landmarks were scrapped for generic ports, but the landmark ports render them as just decent provinces. Imagine Africa with all that sweet commerce income!

Guys, would you please take a look at the Odryssian Kingdom? There are missing units available for custom battles that are not available in the GC, not even the AOR units: Galathraikes, Krobyzoi Thureophoroi, Thyni rompaia.
    The thracian katoikoi pikemen should be in a different pop class (3rd or 4th) to set them apart from the better Iphikratean pikemen. Also, it's always a dice roll with the reforms, since they're tied to greek reforms: sometimes they trigger, sometimes they don't, even with the purple tech researched.

Some of the AOR units were removed from their options because they matched existing units and there were a lot of complaints that the AI was spamming some of those units. Various factions do not have access to their own version of local AOR units because they match core units. I will check out the custom battle roster.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Some of the AOR units were removed from their options because they matched existing units and there were a lot of complaints that the AI was spamming some of those units. Various factions do not have access to their own version of local AOR units because they match core units. I will check out the custom battle roster.
    Thanks, Dresden. The first thureos reforms always trigger, but with the thorax it's almost always a problem with the Odryssian Kingdom. I've changed the values in the PFM reforms (less imperium, fewer turns) for the greeks to have them early, but it is still problematic. I'm quite fond of some of the pre-reform units, so I don't always rush to research the purple tech, therefore I'm wondering if it matters if you research that purple tech before or after the greek have their reforms.

And again, it is odd that the thracian katoikoi pikemen become available only at the level 3 barracks since they're weaker than the iphikratean ones available early . Not only that, but they draw from the same warrior class population as the iphikratean pikemen, which makes recruiting them pretty useless. That's why I think they should become available earlier and be assigned to a different pop class, either freemen or foreigners, since their description says they're macedonian and greek settlers in thracian lands.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Did something changed in how units gain experience (chevrons) in manual battles in the last version or patches? My units are gaining chevrons pretty easily now in big battles and I find it great since the last time I played the only reliable way I had to bump up my chevrons was auto-battle.

@Dresden
    I don't know if this is request or just a question... either way:

-is it possible to increase army retinue size from 20 (general+19units) to 30/31 (gen+29/30units) ???

Patrician

You need to edit your save game for that.