Page 91 of 378 FirstFirst ... 416681828384858687888990919293949596979899100101116141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 7558

Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Of course he is free to choose Bro. But as KAM and Dresden mentioned in similar posts, If he likes to watch his Elites struggle fighting Levies, yeap he is free to go...
    I just quoted their words to the matter.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; June 16, 2017 at 10:55 AM.

Btw, would it be possible to do something to local cultural tradition? Like if you raze a settlement and sell the local population into slavery, you can also reduce its local cultural tradition? I know currently raze doesn't do anything like that, but just wonder if that's something doable?

All,

could you please change the current fort design to use the towers etc in the siege of Alesia battle? That looks way better, that the crap they fed us.

thanks

Libertus

Hello i want to ask are what are your plans for pontic spearmen as garrison unit , levy hoplites are able to defeat them easily and the pontic militia which should be inferior unit is actually better.

Is it possible to integrate the "normal difficulty + softcore for a few early turns" into the main mod? Maybe with some requirements similar to the reforms to trigger the deactivation of the softcore mod effects. I know that's easy for anyone to manual activate and deactivate the mod but for some players it feels a bit weird, like cheating. If it's not technical possible, that's ok, this mod is still amazing as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by priam54 View Post
    Is it possible to integrate the "normal difficulty + softcore for a few early turns" into the main mod? Maybe with some requirements similar to the reforms to trigger the deactivation of the softcore mod effects. I know that's easy for anyone to manual activate and deactivate the mod but for some players it feels a bit weird, like cheating. If it's not technical possible, that's ok, this mod is still amazing as it is!
    It's not cheating. It's the little help small factions may need for an easier start and as you could understand it's more manageable to have it as a submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    It's not cheating. It's the little help small factions may need for an easier start and as you could understand it's more manageable to have it as a submod.
    That's true. And personally I have no problem with that. I understand why the game needs to be hard at the beginning and how useful the softcore mod is.
    I am just thinking what the average player will do and experience. I believe that this is an amazing mod and deserves a lot more players even if it is popular enough already. And some players will just try this mod, find it too hard at the beginning, and maybe never try it again. And that's unfair...

Btw, not sure it's just me or something else. Have you noticed that AI Germanic tribes are kinda weak against neighboring celtic factions? The two campaigns I had, Roman and Parthia, Germanic tribes were taken out very early in the game by factions like Boii and Scordisci? Not sure if that's coincidence or the Germanic tribes are seriously weak?

Playing as Atropatkan, around turn 100:
    I can't recall seeing a single dilemma event, only the seasonal holidays based on Zoroastrianism. Also, I've noticed the AoR unit Erin-Mesh Uriki (Akkadian Elite Infantry), recruited from Mesopotamia lv3 city center, does not deplete stamina. I ran them in as a city assault reinforcement stack on Mteshka in Caucasia, had them take the ladders to the walls and take the walls, then on to the city center. Their stamina remained 'Fresh' the whole time.

This faction is awesome, btw. Thanks team

Out of curiosity, what are the recommended difficulties based on?

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are the recommended difficulties based on?
    Battle buffs I guess and overall balance for Battle Difficulty.
    AI's aggression, fielding armies capacity, economical resources,diplomatic abilities etc for Campaign difficulty.

When will I have access to pikes as Taksashila? I'm at Imperium 4 and have all researches but can't recruit pikes which I can see in custom battles.

By the way I'm having incredible campaign.

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

pikes? they are for sure an AOR unit and not from the core roster

Quote Originally Posted by Ritter-Floh View Post
    pikes? they are for sure an AOR unit and not from the core roster
    Agema Ragia it is what they are called. I don't think they are AOR units but anyway I can't recruit them anywhere as AOR as well...

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Agema Ragia it is what they are called. I don't think they are AOR units but anyway I can't recruit them anywhere as AOR as well...
    two possibilities: they are an AOR unit or Kam decidied to remove this unit because of missing sources, but they are for sure not in the indian core roster

Agema Ragia is a hoplite unit presented in one of the 'Additional Units' previews. It currently exists in the custom battles roster as an AoR unit for Taksashila; I've asked about this in another thread about a month back (pre 1.2) and was informed it was in the far eastern provinces. I inferred that to mean Gedrosia, Baktria, Transoxania, and Aria.

Either way, haven't revisited it. Looks like these units aren't present in the campaign currently. It's a shame too, because the Indian spears roster is really bad, and the only other AoR is Indo-Hellenic Thureophoroi.

They're not AOR - they're the elite indo-hellenic royal guard and there's no reason they shouldn't be included. Not to knock Kam or anything but indo-greek hoplites are pretty well known I dare say - both rank & file and elites. Also can Indohellenic hoplites (the aor version or what have you?) be looked at, because as it is in my Baktrian campaign, they still show that they have javelins and ammunition but in battle they dont - they bug out and loop between their bracing animation and just standing around, as well as still having the throw javelins special ability

edit: ninja'd as ****

Not sure if that's a valid reason to make them core, there are plenty of elite units restricted to AoR; Akkadian Elite Infantry in Mesopotamia, Scordisi Elites in Thracia, Parthian Cataphracts, Sarmatian Lancers in Scythia & Lugia. Apullian Elite Infantry in Italia (Magna Graecia?).

Point being there's elite units which aren't faction-bound. There's a case for it. What I really like is culturally binding AoR units. Akkadian Elites, for example, pull from my Noble population as I'm playing Atropatene. I think this is an excellent compromise, and in the case of elite units, means unit caps are less relevant. As a matter of fact, I think the unit cap argument is really what's at stake here.

Currently you can't recruit Agema Regia in any province. They needed so much. I'm in half way of my grand campaign so hot fix is more than welcomed lol

They should be recruitable in Baktria.

Edit - looks like they are missing from the permissions table, I will fix it next update.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----