Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

{Still continuing current Roma campaign under 1.2.3 + Battle pack...}

Having taken an Illyrian Auxiliary Camp to L3 - I would note that Illyria (famed throughout the majority of the Roman period for their horsemen and horse breeding - let alone the plethora of Equites Illyricani} - cannot recruit any cavalry.

Any chance this anomaly could be addressed? Noting that the mercenary cavalry do still remain present.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    Question, how to I mod the speed at which the Garrisons built up their strength? When and AI faction conquers a province, their garrison is nearly full strength immediately, wheres is takes the player a long time to get a strong garrison. While I like this mechanic, it seems too extreme right now and I'd like to tone it down somewhat. Thanks in advance!
    That can't be toned down as garrison gets fully replenished if some building was completed during the turn. This is why it looks as if AI garrison has fully replenished in 1-2 turns.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Would it be possible to make available armies dependent on logistics instead of Imperium lvl?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

I dont think so but thats an interesting idea.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I noticed with the latest update that AI Rome is no longer lining up their formation using the Triplex Acies. Instead, they are now lining up in Simplex acies constantly. Its not them using different tactics, its them using the same constant formation that they didnt use as often. Is this a bug or did something change?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    Would it be possible to make available armies dependent on logistics instead of Imperium lvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I dont think so but thats an interesting idea.
    I also don't think we could make that happen. It'll be sensible though.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Would it be possible to increase the logistic costs of operating more than one army in one region at a time? The biggest cost in warfare usually was food consumption, and concentration of forces usually exacerbated this even more. Simple market forces like demand and supply made costs skyrocket.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Is there any way to reduce chance to have children? In the mid/late game the family true is excessively large. Maintaining it becomes a chore and you can no longer get attached to your characters because there are just so many of them...

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    Is there any way to reduce chance to have children? In the mid/late game the family true is excessively large. Maintaining it becomes a chore and you can no longer get attached to your characters because there are just so many of them...
    Check the submod in this post by Jake, kpagcha. That seems to be what you are looking for.

Thanks!

Would it be possible to increase the logistic costs of operating more than one army in one region at a time? The biggest cost in warfare usually was food consumption, and concentration of forces usually exacerbated this even more. Simple market forces like demand and supply made costs skyrocket.
    I think that's possible and I remember a similar conversation. Dresden could confirm it at some point.

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    its painful, but here you go:

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I think that's possible and I remember a similar conversation. Dresden could confirm it at some point.
    Yeah it is

I am the Arverni. I can't trade with Iceni, Dumnonii (both factions in South Britania) or Atrebates. The latter faction borders me in the NE, and there is a connection to my capital, Nemossos. Both Britannic factions are coastal, so there should be a connection through my coastal towns Iuliobona or Namnetum. So why can I trade with neither of them?

Here's the map: https://imgur.com/a/6brr87q

edit: nevermind, I just realized even though my Gallic regions appear to be adjacent to Nemossos they actually aren't, in terms of navigable terrain.
    Last edited by kpagcha; December 28, 2018 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Yeah it is
    Good to know buddy. Thanks

Patrician

What do you mean? AI army spam?

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Probably. He made another identical post about it. I'm leaving this one here though.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I am quite sure he’s referring to the food consumption that are dependent on the number of forces you have and one’s supply situation. This wouldn’t affect the AI as far as I’m concerned, and if anything, hurt the player more

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

My greetings to the authors, and thank you for your work. The question of the parameters of the speed of cavalry in the modification. Light cavalry has a speed of 10, medium and heavy cavalry parameter is 8. The chariots are also 8. The legendary light cavalry of Numidian skirmishers has a speed of 10, this is the speed in the modification of all light cavalry of all factions. Even the eastern cavalry and steppe men. In my opinion, the peoples of the traditionally fast cavalry should have a bonus in their speed. Especially the Numidian cavalry, it seems to me historically true. Rhodes slingers and Balearic slingers are better than usual in the modification, because it is historical.
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; December 28, 2018 at 09:25 AM.

Patrician

Speed values are based on how game handles unit speed, it is not based on realistic values. For example cavalry units need to have charge speed lower than run speed or AI will never be able to pull away from combat etc. You get speed bonus to your units from other sources like buildings, technology, military perks and general skills.