Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamon View Post
    All units have it, for missiles units you need to enable "melee mode"

I also got stuck into this until a friend told me...
    You learn something new everyday I guess... Thanks for info!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Question; is the occurance chance of unseasonal weather conditions determined independently for each province?

If so, something's clearly out of sync in the province of Judea as every summer with no exceptions is either 'scorching hot summer' or 'extreme draught'.

I've noticed that in two seperate campaigns with the Ptolemies, taken together around 70 turns with 4 TPY.

I understand that this is more common in that part of the world, but for Judea this is like a permanent feature that occurs regularly every summer while for Egypt or Libia, for example, it only happens once in a while.

Nando's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    This mod is very difficult for newer players. It probably takes a few campaigns just to understand a lot of the new systems.
    Well, if the intention of the mod is the realism, I think that the IA should be partially revisited... it makes no sense to see Rhodes sending waves to invade me, when we had business relationships (and I'm still so far from them)...
    I agree to give more challange to the player, but history is important too for me.

I renew my question: Which size should I choose for the units to get a legion of about 100 men? Now I have "ultra".

I would also like to point out a bug: sometimes the growth bar disappears in Latium
    Last edited by Nando; February 19, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

Is there no Change Capital button on the IA Campaign? I'm playing as the Lepidus and I would like to change my capital to Rome but the button is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ViktorGiJoe View Post
    Is there no Change Capital button on the IA Campaign? I'm playing as the Lepidus and I would like to change my capital to Rome but the button is gone.
    As Lepidus*
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 19, 2019 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    Well, if the intention of the mod is the realism, I think that the IA should be partially revisited... it makes no sense to see Rhodes sending waves to invade me, when we had business relationships (and I'm still so far from them)...
    I agree to give more challange to the player, but history is important too for me.

I renew my question: Which size should I choose for the units to get a legion of about 100 men? Now I have "ultra".

I would also like to point out a bug: sometimes the growth bar disappears in Latium

Ultra is max unit size but it seems that your game got stuck on normal unit size. Have you started new campaign after changing unit size?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Question; is the occurance chance of unseasonal weather conditions determined independently for each province?

If so, something's clearly out of sync in the province of Judea as every summer with no exceptions is either 'scorching hot summer' or 'extreme draught'.

I've noticed that in two seperate campaigns with the Ptolemies, taken together around 70 turns with 4 TPY.

I understand that this is more common in that part of the world, but for Judea this is like a permanent feature that occurs regularly every summer while for Egypt or Libia, for example, it only happens once in a while.
    It’s a weighted chance configured for each province

Sorry to repeat, but I don't want my post getting buried.

Are the modders looking into the "Ferocious Warrior" general tree, among others? % changes to stats are still the same, and should be updated to reflect on the new stat system.

Decanus

A few questions!

Is it still recommended that normal be the campaign difficulty level? Or is hard again a viable option (that is, not everyone hating one's guts from the start, inability to get trade agreements, etc.)?

Is it me--and I know this is unavoidable--or is Rome just very easy to snowball with after capturing the entire Italian peninsula?

Is there any way to get peace with Rome as Epirus? I've played through a bit of an Epirote campaign, but the Romans always say no even when they've got Taras in hand.

Finally, thanks a million to the developers of this mod. It's extremely well done, and has made Rome 2 playable for me. Having worked a lot on RTR in its early years, I know the amount of work that goes into making a mod like this one.
    Last edited by Nerouin; February 19, 2019 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerouin View Post
    A few questions!

Is it still recommended that normal be the campaign difficulty level? Or is hard again a viable option (that is, not everyone hating one's guts from the start, inability to get trade agreements, etc.)?

Is it me--and I know this is unavoidable--or is Rome just very easy to snowball with after capturing the entire Italian peninsula?

Is there any way to get peace with Rome as Epirus? I've played through a bit of an Epirote campaign, but the Romans always say no even when they've got Taras in hand.

Finally, thanks a million to the developers of this mod. It's extremely well done, and has made Rome 2 playable for me. Having worked a lot on RTR in its early years, I know the amount of work that goes into making a mod like this one.
    For the sake of balancing, battle difficulty is much more important than campaign difficulty. The latter is really a matter of preference and challenge, as the campaign won’t get too out-of-wack with increased difficulties. For example, I have and usually always play on H-VH, even with my Hardcore sub-overhaul mod.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    For the sake of balancing, battle difficulty is much more important than campaign difficulty. The latter is really a matter of preference and challenge, as the campaign won’t get too out-of-wack with increased difficulties. For example, I have and usually always play on H-VH, even with my Hardcore sub-overhaul mod.
    I see. This is true even with small factions? I've just started an Armenia game on normal---will it be too easy? I'm a veteran of the series (been playing since 2002).

Epirus seems pretty brutal even on normal, as do the Antigonids.
    Last edited by Nerouin; February 19, 2019 at 01:53 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Better to start a campaign at normal difficulty if you don't have much familiarity with DeI.
    But if you are a vetern, you could try hard/normal(for battles) too

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Better to start a campaign at normal difficulty if you don't have much familiarity with DeI.
    But if you are a vetern, you could try hard/normal(for battles) too
    What, in particular, would you think I should know about the mod before venturing into hard?

Any tips on fun factions? I've played Rome, and enjoyed it; but after the initial, frantic rush to defend against north, south, and pirates, it became very easy.

Patrician

Seems you can 100% manage yourself.
    Just have a quick read here (if you didn't do already) and you'll be fine. Some of them are old but concepts are always the same
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?654437-Resource-DeI-Manuals-Guides-and-FAQ
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...iplomacy-Guide

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Seems you can 100% manage yourself.
    Just have a quick read here (if you didn't do already) and you'll be fine. Some of them are old but concepts are always the same
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?654437-Resource-DeI-Manuals-Guides-and-FAQ
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...iplomacy-Guide
    Thanks.

Could you tell me what each of the ancient capitals do? I deduced that Rome allowed for recruiting without a barracks building, but I can't find any specifics anywhere.

Patrician

Ouch, dunno if there's a guide for that, if you know how to do, you could check effects with PFM/RPFM
    DeI pack 1 > db > building_effects_junction_tables > Special_Capitals

Yes, no need to build roman barracks into Latium (you can build the auxiliary one though, to get latium's aux units).
    I'm not sure now, but I think it's the only case, no other spec. cap. should have this kind of feature, or a similar one related to any other buliding.

Nando's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Ultra is max unit size but it seems that your game got stuck on normal unit size. Have you started new campaign after changing unit size?
    ??? My setting is on ultra (200 men with Roman heavy infantry units)... I just asked to get a Centuria (not legion, sorry) of 100 men, what I have to do?

Decanus

I've run into a strange situation. I'm playing as Epirus on hard. I've gone into Italy and taken over Cosentia, then liberated it. The liberated faction subsequently backstabbed me on the very next turn despite our military alliance and despite our relations being tremendously into the green. What gives? Is this just a function of the difficulty level? If so, how can I hope to win a campaign in Italy as the Epirotes?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerouin View Post
    I've run into a strange situation. I'm playing as Epirus on hard. I've gone into Italy and taken over Cosentia, then liberated it. The liberated faction subsequently backstabbed me on the very next turn despite our military alliance and despite our relations being tremendously into the green. What gives? Is this just a function of the difficulty level? If so, how can I hope to win a campaign in Italy as the Epirotes?
    Your difficulty level certainly doesn't help and I presume that the Epirote campaign is already quite challenging on normal.

Other than that, if you are at war with a number of factions and have no allies to diplomatically counterbalance this then it's likely that a liberated faction will deem an alliance with you a lost cause and will break it even though they have good relations with you.

What you may try to do is to reload a save previous to that breach of an alliance and see whether you can manage to persuade that faction to join your war against Rome by giving them some money. If they find themselves at war with Rome they may actually stay put.

Other than that, I would suggest that you restart the campaign on normal.

Sarkiss, one of our forum members, is now actually making a Let's Play with Epirus hosted on his youtube channel. Just have a look here.

You will surely find there some tips on how to get this campaign started.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    It’s a weighted chance configured for each province
    And do you know, Scipio, where I can find this in db tables? Or is this actually handled in the startpos?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    And do you know, Scipio, where I can find this in db tables? Or is this actually handled in the startpos?
    I've never seen it anywhere, if I'm not wrong or it's startpos or hardcoded. Think the second.