Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Rome 2 naval battles are unfortunately a mess.

So he did another battle and i noticed that only the ships that are boarding are bugging out that way. The enemy ship(transport, not sure if naval assault ships are doing this too) boards his ship, wins the melee then returns to their ships. After that their ship is bugged and will not move the rest of the battle but it cannot be rammed either. Is there anyway that just this can be fixed? i know there are a plethora of other problems but this one problem alone forces you to withdraw even if you are winning the battle because you cant damage the the enemy.

Hi team.

A suggestion for a minor tweak for Tax Harvesting edict.

^I probably speak for many when i say i almost never use this edict bc a single effect of <20% tax bonus isnt much, especially early game.

Then I thought about:
    How about an additional effect of
    reducing Banditry
    by a few points, to help simulate more State officials being about and vigilant in the province, with their entourage, hosts of guards, contacts and attendants,
    for the sake of collecting taxes from Subjects, and the families of the Warrior classes and above etc

extra: is it possible to make the edict effects increase-decrease according to imperium? I think it would be best if public order comes into play, depending on imperium and/or politics, for tax harvesting.
    Last edited by Moonflower; July 10, 2020 at 08:21 PM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Any way to make Achaemenid Empire more aggressive? Played 65+ turns as Alexander and I haven't seen them declare war on a single other faction. I see they're expansionist but something seems to be broken.

I have a suggestion regarding Atropatkan:

I believe that the unit Apple-Bearers (Melophoroi) could benefit from tighter formation. As of now, due to its large size (300 men) the unit takes a lot of space. I don't know, if it offers any tactical advantage, but one unit of Apple-Bearers can easily engage two to three enemy units. I would suggest a similiar formation to the unit Shield-Bearer (Sparabara), which would look a lot more aesthetically pleasing.

Also, I find the Satrap Guard Spearmen to be a bit lacking in their marksmanship, especially rate of fire. Maybe their shooting abilities could be boosted a bit or let them benefit from archery-related skills of generals? Their description does state, that they are some of the deadliest archers in the world.

Thank you.

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Hi.
    After 500+ turns of trying to get the Mauryan reforms im about to give up.
    Having had way more than 10 battles with baktria and being more than 100 turns the reform has not launched.

Do baktria need to be alive for the reform to kick in?
    Does battles against garrisons/towns count?
    Is there a way to see my progress?

Is there a way i can edit the Saka Reform file to get the reform?

In my first two campaigns i was unable to even get 10 battles with baktria, because they got steamrolled.

I use only DEI mods+ rome 1 music mod and a money boost for carthage (they need a boost, atm desert nomads+rome walk over them)

Anyway, hopefully someone can help me out.

Love the mod as always..

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Okay, it seems i had to wait untill turn 110 to get the actual reform as maurya.

As far as i see, the website does not inform this, in the reforms page.

"Mauryan Reforms

• They require 100 turns and 10 battles with Baktria for the player or 130 turns for the AI."

Anyway i figured out my own issue, and hopefully managed too fix all the values i messed with in my frustration, in the pack files x).
    It would have been nice for me atleast to know it was turn 110.

Feel free to delete my posts, as i dont have permission.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I think some reforms require 10 more turns to pass due to some technical stuff.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Most special reforms trigger with a message and then a count down happens.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I have a question about population system, does it work for the AI as well? Or only for player?

Patrician

Only for player since AI was not made in mind to use it.

What are the specific differences between the campaign difficulty levels?

Does editing the campaign difficulty of a save file work?

Are there any issues with increasing the size of armies to 30 or 40? Do large armies work well with the supply system?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Ranch View Post
    Are there any issues with increasing the size of armies to 30 or 40? Do large armies work well with the supply system?
    I have not observed any issues with large armies and the supply system.

The main difference between campaign difficulty levels is the AI bonuses. There is also a hardcoded level of AI aggression based on the difficulty.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Are you also going to rework the Empire Divided campaign? Sorry if I asked in the wrong place.

Laetus

Are the regional effects in a province added up? e.g. Tax potential. Or how does the game calculate here?

Titus Pullo 777's Avatar Foederatus

great new update guys! Thanks! quick question:,.... where can i find an submod for roman rectangular scutum / great campain? ...please help thank's

Early and late Getae bodyguard cavalry have the same stats which seems odd. Shouldn't the late have something different? Higher stats in something, or larger unit count.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Patrician

I will be looking at bit into Geate unit balance soon so I will check it out too.

First of all, thank you so very much for making Rome 2 playable, at least for me. I've played rome 2 for almost 5k hours plus, and the last 4k with DeI i really enbjoy your Mod! It's fascinating how beatifully you and your team have made this mod so good that you boosted my passion for ancient history by 500%! But there's always a BUT xD I've found the Rise of The Republic a bit strange since is setted in the 400BC that Roma doesn't have the Phalanx based army and instead it has the Manipular/Early army of Hastati, Principes and Triarii, is it by your choice to leave it like this or you'll fix this problem since this mod tend to be historically accurate as possible in the early phases of the game and i sincerely think that this DLC need some love by you @Dresden ahahah. As I said before, your mod is awesome keep up the good work have a nice *____* (<- put your daytime in here) and be safe with this damn pandemic!