Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I don't think this went answered a while back, but why are Imperial Cataphract Legionaries drawn from the second tier citizens, the plebs? I would have thought that they're just a proletarii based unit given more expensive and maintenance heavy armor. This is a bit of a concern since I've noticed that inImperator Augustus, the Roman factions favor these over standard legionnaires by a large margin. I don't know if the AIs are working off the population system like the player does, but if they do, this means they're depleting their plebs something awful.

I do admit however, that I wish I could be so shiny and chrome without busting the local plebian populations.

Quote Originally Posted by CadetNewb View Post
    I don't think this went answered a while back, but why are Imperial Cataphract Legionaries drawn from the second tier citizens, the plebs? I would have thought that they're just a proletarii based unit given more expensive and maintenance heavy armor. This is a bit of a concern since I've noticed that inImperator Augustus, the Roman factions favor these over standard legionnaires by a large margin. I don't know if the AIs are working off the population system like the player does, but if they do, this means they're depleting their plebs something awful.

I do admit however, that I wish I could be so shiny and chrome without busting the local plebian populations.
    They use population numbers, but aren't limited by it.

Best mod ever. I love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    latest schemata? Check also if PFM is latest.
    just drop files inside folder
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/pac...iles/Schemata/
    Good lord, thank you - it worked. I would never have thought of this, because I just made sure to download the latest version of PFM and so naturally I thought I had everything up-to-date.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by KennyTheKlever View Post
    Good lord, thank you - it worked. I would never have thought of this, because I just made sure to download the latest version of PFM and so naturally I thought I had everything up-to-date.
    Nope , you'll have to check on that link, sometimes.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Illyria, h/n. Had a battle with the Romans where their units felt *really* unbalanced. One unit of Principes was pinned between a spearman and attacked in the rear by Dardanoi infantry with full stamina + volley, still the single unit of Principes wins out in the melee. Outnumbered, outflanked, supposedly out classed but still no rout. Two units of Illyrian spearmen took like five minutes to kill one equites with two volleys of javelins, lots of things like this in that battle.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    Illyria, h/n. Had a battle with the Romans where their units felt *really* unbalanced. One unit of Principes was pinned between a spearman and attacked in the rear by Dardanoi infantry with full stamina + volley, still the single unit of Principes wins out in the melee. Outnumbered, outflanked, supposedly out classed but still no rout. Two units of Illyrian spearmen took like five minutes to kill one equites with two volleys of javelins, lots of things like this in that battle.
    Hi, when you're doing a report please do it correctly. We need to know your mod version, steam or forum packs, submods used etc. We aren't magicians, though I know a few cool tricks.

The things he does with his beard, well I only know from hearsay ofcourse. And on-topic, "had a battle were the romans felt *really unbalanced*, doesn't really mean much, was it just 1 battle? what were the veterancy ranks? Do you have it on film?

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    The things he does with his beard, well I only know from hearsay ofcourse. And on-topic, "had a battle were the romans felt *really unbalanced*, doesn't really mean much, was it just 1 battle? what were the veterancy ranks? Do you have it on film?
    It takes yrs of training.
    Now about the bug report, just to be clear, it is really confusing and tedious to understand and check issues without the correct feedback. That's why we insist for more detailed reports.

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    It takes yrs of training.
    Now about the bug report, just to be clear, it is really confusing and tedious to understand and check issues without the correct feedback. That's why we insist for more detailed reports.
    Ok, but are you planning to mod the new campaign pack as well?

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Is there way to implement Roman marching camps? or other forts?

Oh and please improve morale of garrison troops. In real life defending settlements was easier than it is in this game. Rome 1 just had town center where units retreated to and had unbreakable morale. And when surrounded, lot of the time people would fight to the death. Some surrendered for sure, but in Total Wars i think that has always been killed=surrendered. And what they never did is break and run through the enemy formations... which bugs me hugely. I mean sometimes they would have tried to break trough, but not like portrayed in game.

Higher morale in general might be better for gameplay.

Also can you edit settlements (battlemap)? Because it would be great to have more protection for them. Capturing settlements should be far more difficult than it is atm.
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; June 05, 2018 at 01:17 PM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    Ok, but are you planning to mod the new campaign pack as well?
    Are you talking about the upcoming unannounced one ?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Are you talking about the upcoming unannounced one ?
    Yes. You guys need early access to it on top of monetary compensation for giving a huge contribution to keeping Rome 2 alive.

That is to say I ain't buying anything until DEI implements its features in it and that is no flattery but simply lack of nerves playing smth similar after thousands of hours since 2013.

I ruined a friend's social life after introducing DEI to him a few months back. The poor bastard was still playing the vanilla HatG. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    Yes. You guys need early access to it on top of monetary compensation for giving a huge contribution to keeping Rome 2 alive.

That is to say I ain't buying anything until DEI implements its features in it and that is no flattery but simply lack of nerves playing smth similar after thousands of hours since 2013.

I ruined a friend's social life after introducing DEI to him a few months back. The poor bastard was still playing the vanilla HatG. XD
    Well, I believe It's too early to talk about it since we haven't even fully updated ED yet (unit rosters) etc
    Thanks for the kind words and your support.

Quick question: Is there a way to call up the building tree page by choice for something you don't have? e.g. I want to see what kind of units I can recruit in Qart Hadasht as Rome with the barracks trees, but I do not have any Red buildings right now and I don't have enough growth points to unlock another slot to investigate all the trees that way. Is there still a way?

Thanks.

EDIT: Followup, is there a UI for seeing how many of each pop # an army needs to replenish? Like needs 921 Plebs (2), 1136 Proles (3) and 119 Foreigners (4)
    Last edited by myarta; June 06, 2018 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Quick question: Is there a way to call up the building tree page by choice for something you don't have? e.g. I want to see what kind of units I can recruit in Qart Hadasht as Rome with the barracks trees, but I do not have any Red buildings right now and I don't have enough growth points to unlock another slot to investigate all the trees that way. Is there still a way?

Thanks.
    Of course there is.
    https://www.honga.net/totalwar/rome2...php?l=en&v=dei

Ah okay, yeah I like the in-game system they added in this patch. I just wish you could call up all the options in game like in Atilla. I think I edited too soon again for the second question. Is there any UI that tells you how many of each pop an army needs to replenish? Thanks!

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Concerning the Odrysians, I just noticed that the early Thracian Pezoi are already using Thyreoi.
    Wouldn´t it be more accurate to equip them with the same shield the Rhomphaiaphoroi are using?
    And IMO it would look cool if you gave them the javelin prop.

Also, this shield in particular looks a bit small when compared to the depictions in the beginning of the (Seleucid &) Thracian preview.
    Would it be possible to firstly, increase its size and secondly change the angle it is held? 10° counterclockwise would be perfect IMO.
    As long as you have a 3D artis available (a rare commodity nowadays, I know) it should be no problem with Mr. Jox RMV2 converter.
    Last edited by Maetharin; June 07, 2018 at 04:46 AM.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Hey guys I have a question regarding the eastern Qanat/fountain buildings in the Green/farm Chain.

What is the point of it? It doesn't give a reduction from EM, only super small Growth and PO bonus 3 and 2
    respectively , very meagre boost to agriculture and 6 sanitation and slight unit replenishment. I dont see how this building is Worth the founation its built upon.

Maybe it would make some sense to build if Tech+resoucre wasnt needed to build the top tier to get some overall sanitation/ and replenishment very early on, but other than that I just dont see the point of it without any sort of EM reduction.

What does this faction bonus for Magonids mean: "Iron Fist: Increased resistance to foreign occupation"?

It's green, so I assume it is a benefit like the -20% bonus successor states get. So shouldn't it say decreased resistance to foreign occupation?