Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Any plans for making a mod that removes Population from all campaigns!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    It probably is the steam manager? who knows.
    try to force it through mitch's manager, it works usually
    word file with istructions
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/di18t...a_mod.odt/file
    Jake, hi! Downloaded from your link Mod Manager, installed it (I had an earlier version), spelled out the path to the folder with ‘Rome 2: Total War’, launched a game subscription from Steam (3 files DeI): all translated scripts by population, classes (file ___divide_et_impera_010_part1.pack) - works, checked on Sparta, Bospor, Atropatena, Maurya Empire. Thanks for the hint!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Hello! I asked this question on steam, maybe they already did it, but I don't see it, in formation, when advancing to the battlefield, the only one who goes in battle formation (shield raised and with his eyes on the shield) is the centurion, the rest of the soldiers do not do it until they are close to the enemy units. this is normal?
    It's a detail, but it seems a bit strange ...
    By the way, as always great mod, I follow them since the first day I bought my copy of Rome II, I never played without their mod. Thank you for your great work!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210522172539_1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	384.7 KB 
ID:	365075
    Last edited by elementall; June 17, 2021 at 12:50 PM.

Is there a submod that touches only reforms, bringing them to a closer to historical date? To each their own but I feel like Marian reforms in 240 BC is pretty silly, but basically inevitable even with an AI Rome. Ideally stretching them out by anywhere from 3-6 times would fit my preferences. If there isn't I'll try dabbling in modding to adjust them myself.

Feel free to move to another thread if appropriate, this isn't meant as a suggestion to change your mod to my tastes, but simply submod recommendation. Thanks in advance.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

That would not work as only ingame reform we can really put a date on was first Carthaginian one. Rest are just general names for changes that happened in various places often in span of decades if not more.

Also you will never even reach marian reform if you try to get it closer to Marius timeframe, you can conquer whole map two or three times before it will happen.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Found what I'm looking for with a Testudo module, should fit my needs pretty well.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Patrician

mmhhh, those testudo modules are old and will miss some important stuff added recently.
    I would advice not to use them
    I'll see to do what you need during the weekend

Well I could always cross check the add-on and the mod's files and make changes there, no need for you to do anything.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Stumbled upon a discussion about the alliances and join war against mechanic in Rome II,
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co..._option_makes/

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to remove the join war against mechanic? And how would this affect the game in general or AI wise? Sometimes I get frustrated how easy it is to go "backdoor war" against a certain faction without its allies joining the conflict.

Patrician

yes it's removable via script and you can make the removal dependable on conditions

question: does the >-25 PO requirement also apply to the province in which the supply depot is in?
    does Rome act as a supply depot?
    do sea regions count as a region? like a supply depot in Sicily could supply armies operating in north Africa?
    and isnt >-25 a bit too harsh? I know git good but if you're trying to expand more or less historically ie not min maxing and conquering everything asap , and using a turn mod etc , you will quickly accrue this artificial difficulty maluses to PO. thus most of my provinces are <-60 PO and often around -90 so i have to deal with rebellions and only turn taxes on during spring/summer . this means the supply line system essentially will never work for me

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Hi guys! Do you think I can use textures from DEI for my mod?

Steam Workshop::Visarion Total War Public Alpha.pack (steamcommunity.com)

I am playing Ptolemaioi (Imperator Augustus) with DEI mod, in beginning i can recruit Chariots bodyguard, why later some general bodyguard's can't recruit Chariots or elephant?
    and another question, my family tree can't adopt other noble , only can recruit Greek and Carthage noble ,Ptolemaic noble can't be recruit? is this a bug?
    I do the research realize you can marry Mark in beginning but I in 134 turns already and have 5 kids, if I marry Mark in beginning something will different?

https:Greetings!I was woundering if its possible to make that the treasury of destroyed factions have pass to its destroyers ?
    And in case of the capturing/looting/ sacking the enemy capiatal the fait of its money would be the same as I mentionaed above .
    Btw, I think that sacking of an avarage settlement should give the same amount of money as its looting, not only 1/3 as I remember.

Patrician

technically it's possible but would just unbalance things, mostly for the player who'll start getting lot of money

Questions/concerns for 1.28:

The banditry penalties for the Greek Colony building for Bosphorus/Massalia seem especially harsh. Banditry in general is a fairly hard thing to get rid of especially at higher imperium levels, and one of the main methods is via military building. The fact that the Greek colony increases rather than decreases banditry only compounds the problems.

Why were thorax spears removed from Pergamon? Yes they do have their own version but it is class 1 population so it is kind of a nerf.

I don't like the 65% party influence level needed to transition to empire. Many factions such as the Parthians are strongly incentivized to have a low influence level, and late in the game it can be hard to meaningfully lower your influence back down again, this along with all the other (temporary) negatives makes transitioning to empire an unappealing prospect.

About AOR units needing the immigrant buildings to be recruited: I'm not sure how I feel about this. Its a pretty big nerf to their availability, not only requiring a precious building slot but the building itself reduces the crucial cultural dominance percentage of the province which affects so many things.

Overall however I like most of the changes in 1.2.8. Good job guys!

It may be a dumb question but will ask anyway. If I want to play vanilla empire divided campaign, is it safe to just disable dei from mod manager? I am afraid the files of a large mod as DeI may still affect game even if the mod is disabled from launcher. Don't want to unsubscribe/resubscribe every time I want to play different campaign and dei version of empire divided has some weird out of era units which also is kind of deal breaker for me.

Hi! For a unit of "Markmaniz Harjaz" ("land_units_onscreen_name_ger_mar_light_spearmen") in long descriptions is written "The Romans called them "frameanii" because they were equipped with a framea as their main weapon and nothing else …" ("unit_description_historical_texts_text_ger_mar_light_spearmen_Tooltip"). It is correct, or "framearii" has to be written?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Are you guys planning on resizing the hoplite shields by making them larger like the mod Hellenika does? They look more realistic with more of their body covered as per the evidence in vases etc.