Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

May I request a very small increase to the “majority culture” negative population value applied to foreigners? The problem is that the foreigner population starts out so large that with high overall growth (developed buildings, food surplus, etc) it simply grows uncontrollable. Even if first through third classes are growing at 6-8%, a .5% growth of foreigners means your cities fill to the cap with them. I think a .5-1% additional penalty would suffice and make conversion more manageable.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by nhvanputten View Post
    May I request a very small increase to the “majority culture” negative population value applied to foreigners? The problem is that the foreigner population starts out so large that with high overall growth (developed buildings, food surplus, etc) it simply grows uncontrollable. Even if first through third classes are growing at 6-8%, a .5% growth of foreigners means your cities fill to the cap with them. I think a .5-1% additional penalty would suffice and make conversion more manageable.
    here, try this one, I quickly (and slightly) lowered a couple of foreign % values.

- base_pop_multiplier
    - base_pop_growth_class_multiplier
    - majority_religion_mod_own

more or less it should satisfy what you asked
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/lp333..._pop.pack/file
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 21, 2019 at 10:47 AM.

Awesome, thanks!

billydilly's Avatar Senator

I'm having a great campaign as Rome (Campaign: Hard), but I have a question regarding public order. Is the AI not affected by public order at all? I have tried to put spies, champions and dignitaries in enemy regions, but they have no effect on the region. Most AI regions have 100% public order all the time.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

After I've reached Imperium level 4, I'm having banditry problems. Does Imperium level 4 increases banditry? It doesn't say so in description.
    Contributing factor called Regions is adding 24-26 banditry in each province. It used to be much less.

Quote Originally Posted by nhvanputten View Post
    Awesome, thanks!
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/nmuymk...pop2.pack/file

Here is another version that reduces more foreign pop.
    The majority culture decrease is 2.5 instead of 2.
    And little extra decrease for if the city is overcrowding with foreigners.

Result is reduced foreign pop growth and minute decrease in pop if the foreign pop is very high compared to others.

All thanks to Jake Armitage

Patrician

to be honest the thanks go to Litharion, Magnar, Causeless (and Dresden) for having done the scripts and the pop system...

Any tips on how to get traits like economic genius or industry magnate ? The character have potential I have no idea what to do

May have found the solution. Where can I increase trigger rate of trait increase ? The requirement seems to be met but does not seem to trigger in what ever little time I checked.

Okay I swear in every campaign lately Galatians build an empire. I tried on and off no major bonus and hellenic factions sub mods, whatever I do they rule and Antigonids eat .

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler101 View Post
    May have found the solution. Where can I increase trigger rate of trait increase ? The requirement seems to be met but does not seem to trigger in what ever little time I checked.
    open DeI pack (1st in TWC) with PFM
    go to:
    lua_scripts > export_triggers.lua
    copy everything inside notepad++ (so you can work on it externally)

for example:

function dei_changing_trait_brawler_impl (context)
    return char_is_general(context:character()) and not context:character():has_trait("dei_changing_trait_brawler") and context:character():is_male() and not (context:character():has_trait("r2_sp_trait_non_roman_background_fighter_civ") or context:character():has_trait("r2_sp_trait_non_roman_background_fighter_barb"))
    end

events.CharacterCreated[#events.CharacterCreated+1] =
    function (context)
    if dei_changing_trait_brawler_impl(context) then
    effect.trait("dei_changing_trait_brawler", "agent", 2, 100, context)
    return true
    end
    return false
    end

the 2 is the % probability

why you have made such garrisons, wall on 2 and higher of,+ Royal house, + barracks already for 30+ units. wall 4 and higher of-19! barracks 4 yellow house 4! , far so much, if in combat 20 maximum, and shooters in combat not will, their displace the tip of the list of .
    Last edited by GyJIeBeP; October 27, 2019 at 06:30 AM.

Patrician

It is not possible to fairly understand what you write.
    I have already told you more than once

so:
    a) find some russian mate who will translate your russian
    b) if you use a translator write as if you were writing to a children, it will simplify the translation

otherwise your posts will not have our attention

Hey guys just wondering, and not that it matters much since it's only -5, but I'm seeing diplomatic Cultural Penalties from factions who are the same culture as me (greek)

Also, the feature you guys implemented with the AI consuming food in any region they're stationed in, the idea is great and realistic, but there's a big problem.... the classic case of the AI parking their armies in your territories for no damn reason whatsoever, thus eating all your food putting you in a massive food negative.

I have multiple AI stacks just parked in my territories, most are friends, and a few randoms just hanging out.... so I've been in a negative food surplus for over 10 turns now because the AI won't move.
    Last edited by Sagat; October 28, 2019 at 02:28 AM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    Hey guys just wondering, and not that it matters much since it's only -5, but I'm seeing diplomatic Cultural Penalties from factions who are the same culture as me (greek)

Also, the feature you guys implemented with the AI consuming food in any region they're stationed in, the idea is great and realistic, but there's a big problem.... the classic case of the AI parking their armies in your territories for no damn reason whatsoever, thus eating all your food putting you in a massive food negative.

I have multiple AI stacks just parked in my territories, most are friends, and a few randoms just hanging out.... so I've been in a negative food surplus for over 10 turns now because the AI won't move.
    Regarding the AI parking their armies in your territory, that can be the pain at times, indeed. An important thing to bear in mind is to be extremly careful with regard to giving out the military access. Normally, as long as an AI-faction has no military access it won't enter your territory. Using the 'set war coordination target' feature might also help as long as you are at war against the common enemy as the AI should normally respond to such requests.

City Rome I've captured recently has "Barracks" amenity. Or ability. Or trait. Whatever. What exactly it does?

The city of Rome acts like a barracks and allows for the recruitment of core units for Rome without the need for building a traditional barracks.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Seleukos thanks for the tips.... had to abandon campaign 60 turns in, I think the reason I kept having those issues is because I had quite a few subjugated factions around me and their armies would just roam around my lands randomly, even when I set a military target for them.

I was trying to play the game differently for a change, and somewhat historically. I would conquer the land Macedon historically had in those years, and then just Satrapy, Client, Subjugate other Greek factions around me. I would continue expanding but only really taking Region Capitals for myself (because that's where the $$ is at) and letting my friends conquer the smaller settlements.
    I was going to continue doing that to keep things interesting militarily, and at some point I was going ask everyone to Confederate into a Hellenic League.... hopefully by then Rome would have been big in the West for a final showdown.
    2300+ hours in Rome 2, I've kinda gotten bored of just conquering everything in sight, lol

Do you have any other tips for how to approach a campaign in this manner ? any submods to suit that playstyle you might recommend ?

@Dresden, thank you.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Sagat, if you are looking to a campaign with a slow expansion where you are palying 'tall' rather than 'wide' then I would definitely check out Jake's TESTUDO.

You will find it here.