Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Laetus

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Hello , I love the mod and I started a campaign with Carthage on H/H option.The problem is that I can't view any enemy unit cards when I mouse over them (There stats, etc.). I'm able to mouse over my own units to see their stats however whenever I attempt to mouse over enemies the game automatically shows my General stats .
    Anyway, after thousands of hours in
    medieval 2 with stainless steel I find in your mod the motive and the pleasure to play somethind different! Thank you very much!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

If you have battles set to Hard and above, you can't see stats of enemy units. That is how it works in TW games now.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

DEI should review & buff faction traits. They're often so minimal as to rarely matter. The bonuses should pack a punch, and be just as influential to play-style as unit rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    DEI should review & buff faction traits. They're often so minimal as to rarely matter. The bonuses should pack a punch, and be just as influential to play-style as unit rosters.
    Well said, good proposal! These buffs and penalties should really make a crucial difference, not only for choosing a faction but how is it played by the player and AI due to these factors, along the unit rosters.

PLEASE HELP

Can capital library and academy affect the members engaged in politics ?
    Does library have intellectual development effect on garrisoned unit, region unit , province or faction wide ?

I also cannot make any new thread.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler101 View Post
    Can capital library and academy affect the members engaged in politics ?
    I don't know exactly what you mean but basically there is no link between the buildings of academy/library and the political system in the game, so the answer is no, they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler101 View Post
    Does library have intellectual development effect on garrisoned unit, region unit , province or faction wide ?
    You mean a general, right? I think you have to garrison the general in the city to ripe the benefit of a boost to the intelectual trait.

Hi, I have a problem with the population in cities. My entire population in cities on the outskirts of the state consists of foreigners.
    Having come to any city / village you can see the following picture:
    First class: 1 (0)
    Second class: 1 (0)
    Third class: 1 (0)
    Fourth class: the rest of the city’s population
    Moreover, the first three classes do not appear.
    Cities, even entire provinces, are made up of strangers. Aliens do not leave.
    Sorry my English

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    I don't know exactly what you mean but basically there is no link between the buildings of academy/library and the political system in the game, so the answer is no, they can't.
    I appreciate your response.
    I mean when members return to capital. Like faction leader still give effect to the whole faction similar to being garrisoned in capital. Do the members in the capital, not garrisoned as general, still get affected by the building like library or academy ? Or only a general standing in city?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@ faxRotd1

you cetainly have something weird somewhere.
    check this thread and follow instructions for a correct installation:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...d-September-30
    also, remember to revert to old mod manager:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...nd-Mod-Manager

@ Riddler101

only a general standing in the city with that building.
    you can link that effect to other people too (by modding DeI's files) but it has been done this way for rpg reasons.

you'll be able to open new threads or edit your posts as soon as you hit 25 posts.

I'm not sure what the general consensus is on this, but I think that being able to force your way past enemy units (especially ones in shieldwall or phalanx) is kind of lame. Unless the line is very thin or the troops are fairly spaced out, you or the AI should only be able to slowly push back enemy formations at most IMO.

I don't know if this is something that can be modded though.

Also I've been seeing a bug where individual soldiers will randomly get sent flying, as if they were hit by a cavalry charge, in any direction while they are engaged in melee. Has anybody else noticed this?
    Last edited by Grabbin_Megroin; October 19, 2019 at 06:00 PM.

Patrician

There is a way to fix it but it will break 3 times more stuff than actual fix, which is a bit frustrating. I am working on a lot of combat related stuff for new experimental pack so that will be at least partially adressed.

Just to put numbers a bit into it, if you give light infantry unit a mass of 10 while heavy infantry has a mass of 100, light infantry will not be able to walk through them, including friendly light infantry. Now this sounds like a fix but if you will have 2 heavy infantry units, they will be able to pass through since they have same mass. On top of that elephant, cavalry and chariot charge damage is based on unit mass vs unit mass (charge bonus is not used for charge damage by cavalry and elephants).
    Last edited by KAM 2150; October 19, 2019 at 06:28 PM.

The problem was larger. My population is not growing at all. It took 4 moves, that is, a total of one year. But the global population has not changed the numbers.
    Can someone see my save on their machine? I can’t understand the installation problem, or just the mod broke
    The problem was larger. My population is not growing at all. It took 4 moves, that is, a total of one year. But the global population has not changed the numbers.Can someone see my save on their machine? I can’t understand the installation problem, or just the mod broke
    PS How
    to load save?
    kak zagruzit' sokhraneniye
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]

Научиться произносить[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

how to load save

kak zagruzit' sokhraneniye
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]

[/COLOR]

Научиться произносить[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

how to load save

All Factions Playable Mods opens fractions, it is balanced for 1.2.5?There is for example the Etruscans part of the lands of Rome and Carthage. he play on the network?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@ faxRotd1

the problem is larger 'cause your game is messed up.
    follow the procedures and you won't have problems.

@ GyJIeBeP

AFP mod will be updated soon.

The starting positions won't be changed, though. So whatever they have now they will have.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

One of the small requests I have is to bring back some units from the old spartan roster, such as Metioikoi Hoplitai and some few others that dont exist anymore; the spartan roster feels a bit barren atm; I also think that peloponnesian hoplites should be recruitable instead of merely hired as merceneries: small city-states like sparta and athens couldnt afford to make up an entire army just of their citizens (at least not against other empires at the time of the mod), so I would like to see a more "diverse" roster for city-state factions (like athens and sparta relying more on allied/league/metioikoi units and only partially relying on their native citizen soldiers); an entire athenian army composed of athenian citizen hoplites fighting a similarly sized carthaginian army, for example, sounds a bit off to me, same thing with the spartans and practically all of the greek poleis.

and I know this is asking too much, but perhaps a different way to approach this is to add other neighbouring cities' units to these factions (plataean or attika hoplitai for athens and tegean or peloponnesian hoplites for sparta, etc). I think the armies of these factions should have more of a "coalition of cities feel" than just be composed of their citizens with some few mercenaries, but thats just my opinion.
    Last edited by Achilles Lacedaemon; October 20, 2019 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles Lacedaemon View Post
    "...but perhaps a different way to approach this is to add other neighbouring cities' units to these factions (plataean or attika hoplitai for athens and tegean or peloponnesian hoplites for sparta, etc). I think the armies of these factions should have more of a "coalition of cities feel" than just be composed of their citizens with some few mercenaries..."
    I agree, this would be a nice addition to the Greeks city states.
    Also is there any word on other new units that the DeI team is working on at the moment?

For a dignitary with the potential for economic genius . How can it be achieved?

For a general with the potential industrial magnate ? How can I get it ?
    For a general with the potential renowned philosopher ? How can I get it ?

Patrician

The problem is that by doing so we would kill the entire point of these factions in terms of gameplay.

Their current armies are based on what they were more or less able to field, for example Sparta could field up to 20,000+ people for battle of Sellasia in 222 BC, which were not their entire force so their total army capability was not that small. At that time, their army was not that much smaller than Macedonian forces. That is of course once social reforms kick in and their Homoioi got a lot of boost. Athens on the other hand nearly fully commited to merc in terms of their armies with only a small amount of Logades and citizen cavalry.

Metoikoi above are a great example why these units have no place in Sparta as Metoikoi is Athenian legal term, similar to Spartan Perioikoi. Having them would not only be anerror but they would also be vritually the same unit with exact same armour unless we create some arbitrary differences. Plus I dont like adding unit for the sake of adding units.

As for more city states units, that is already the case, AoR and Merc system provides a boatload of variours local units to recruit. Sparta also gets access to Allied units after first reform. Other thing to keep in mind is that hoplites at this time are nearly extinct for city states, which replaces them with various thureophoroi and other light infantry, which is also reflected in Sparta Allied units.