Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Are elite theuros sword and spear units intentionally left out of massalia's theuros roster in the greek theuros reform? The only units I see with that reform are a theuros missile calvary unit(not much of an improvement), theuros swordsman and spearman (they're pretty weak) and a decent skirmished unit. Could the elite units be added?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

There are only two factions that get elite thureos units, one unit is for Athens and one units is for Pergamon and there is not a single elite thureos sword unit in the mod, so no, Massalia is not different that majority of other factions that dont get them. On the other hand, Massalia gets two thorax sword units, one Helleno-Celtic and one Romanized plus standard Hellenic Thorax spears.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Thanks!

May I ask some more questions ... it’s about bonusses for regions and provinces:
    Which bonuses are applied for the cities (regions) and which for the whole province?

eg
    - buildings (improving taxes, recruitment, etc)
    - governors (whole province??)
    - generals in cities (do they have to be in a city?)

(and region = city?^^)

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by macabre View Post
    Thanks!

May I ask some more questions ... it’s about bonusses for regions and provinces:
    Which bonuses are applied for the cities (regions) and which for the whole province?

eg
    - buildings (improving taxes, recruitment, etc)
    - governors (whole province??)
    - generals in cities (do they have to be in a city?)

(and region = city?^^)
    So as far as I remember.
    The building effects varies whether they affect the region or the province. Recruitment for instance often affects the province.
    Governors affect the entire province
    And generals acting as "governors" or mayors, whatever you want to call them, act by being in the city. In which they will also obtain xp.

Please correct me where Im wrong.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Correct, just read the effect tooltip, effects could be character, army, region, province, faction and global. it is written in the tooltip.
    When it is not specified or it is obvious (I mean, what they are affecting) or it is provincial, afaik.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; December 10, 2019 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Correct, just read the effect tooltip, effects could be character, army, region, province, faction and global. it is written in the tooltip.
    When it is not specified or it is obvious (I mean, what they are affecting) or it is provincial, afaik.
    Hey Jake. Is there any news regarding region trading submod?

I have some question regarding shields:
    1/ Against missle does shield still protect the unit left side or just the front?
    2/ Formations like shieldwall and phalanx the tooltip said that it increase (frontal) defense, does it increase missile block chance too or just melee defense?
    3/ When a unit put a shield on his back (archer and lancer unit) does it protect his back or just comestic?
    4/ Idk is this a bug or working as intended but the Kartli lesser noble cavalry lost their shields when dismounted (they have shields strap on their back when mounted).

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Hello,

1. Shield has an unspecified angle that covers the unit from the front and partially the sides. From Warhammer Total War nad later games we can change the angle at which unit is protected but it roughly covers entire front and partially sides if missiles do not drop from too big angle.

2. They increase both frontal melee defence and frontal missile defence. They do get more damage if they are attack from rear by both melee and ranged attacks.

3. Just a cosmetic.

4. I would need to check but I presume their dismounted animation set does not have a shield.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Invicta753 View Post
    Hey Jake. Is there any news regarding region trading submod?
    nope, didn't start yet but could be I'll start soon

I have taken Rome as Antonius Rome in the EE campaign and made it the capital via the feature you inserted by ED.

Now my question: Does it change what, that now Rome is Antonys capital? I didn't notice any changed effects.

Or is it because this campaign hasn't been adapted yet?

And what again are the Special Cities in the big campaign? What do they do?

[Feedback] First and most important,as a citizen of Varna (Ancient Odessos), I want to give Dresden & Co a full sincere "Thank you" for giving a second life to the Thracian Faction. Words won't do justice to show the appreciation due.
    To us,natives,the Thracian warrior, by instant association, is a horseman. That is probably due to the reputation of "superior Thracian horses" and the famous Thracian Horseman monument near Odessos. In that regard what you did with the Thracian Noble Cavalry deserves a monument of your own.
    There is one thing that troubles me overall is that none of the mods I came across adds Thracian chariots.
    I do not claim I went through all the possible mods out there but none I came across presents Thracians with their famous war chariots. That kind of puzzles me because of the great number of them found in excavation,aswell as being documented that one of the first encounters of Alexander when invading Thrace was with a unit of Charioteers. Excavations show every noble warrior burried with their steed and the really important ones with a chariot,so I hope you can understand my confusion.
    I really do not wish to make this a post about Thracians, was simply wondering if that is a game balance decision. I also wish to make clear the faction is perfect as it is and on behalf of the small local game community we are really really happy with your work.

Quote Originally Posted by k197 View Post
    [Feedback] First and most important,as a citizen of Varna (Ancient Odessos), I want to give Dresden & Co a full sincere "Thank you" for giving a second life to the Thracian Faction. Words won't do justice to show the appreciation due.
    To us,natives,the Thracian warrior, by instant association, is a horseman. That is probably due to the reputation of "superior Thracian horses" and the famous Thracian Horseman monument near Odessos. In that regard what you did with the Thracian Noble Cavalry deserves a monument of your own.
    There is one thing that troubles me overall is that none of the mods I came across adds Thracian chariots.
    I do not claim I went through all the possible mods out there but none I came across presents Thracians with their famous war chariots. That kind of puzzles me because of the great number of them found in excavation,aswell as being documented that one of the first encounters of Alexander when invading Thrace was with a unit of Charioteers. Excavations show every noble warrior burried with their steed and the really important ones with a chariot,so I hope you can understand my confusion.
    I really do not wish to make this a post about Thracians, was simply wondering if that is a game balance decision. I also wish to make clear the faction is perfect as it is and on behalf of the small local game community we are really really happy with your work.
    Very true, but one remark: full of chariots south Danube, almost none north Danube. So, dacians and getae can't get chariots.

Curious about Change Capital function. It's a nice feature, but to be honest, I never really missed it. It's cool to have in Rome 2, but jumping icon irritated me a bit. So, thanks to the tip of one infamous shadowrunner in related thread, I just went ahead and deleted ChangeCapital.lua in DEI part 1 with PFM. Everything seems to be normal, all icons in place, no issues for several turns so far.
    Is it okay to delete it like that? Any chance it may cause instability? Also, does AI make any use out of it?

Patrician

Yeah, it's ok and no AI doesn't use it.

antred's Avatar Senator

I have a question about the Kaledoni (that Gallic faction from Scotland). They have a lot of very heavily armored units (some have 80 armor). Now I know that the Celts in Gaul and especially the Alpine regions were known for their advanced metallurgy, but is this also true for these norther Gallic tribes, and was high quality armor so prevalent that it warrants giving these factions so many heavily armored units?

Most, if not all of those troops use 1st class pop

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Livin La Vida Loca View Post
    Most, if not all of those troops use 1st class pop
    The AI usually has a lot of these in its armies, a lot more than there should realistically be if they really are so "elite".

EDIT: Which, by the way, is something I noticed about DeI in general. Some rosters suffer from "elititis". Every other unit description is elite this, chosen that. If everyone is elite, no one is.
    Last edited by antred; December 17, 2019 at 12:46 PM.

That’s AI stacks for you. Players really can’t replicate the same thing very easily though.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by antred View Post
    I have a question about the Kaledoni (that Gallic faction from Scotland). They have a lot of very heavily armored units (some have 80 armor). Now I know that the Celts in Gaul and especially the Alpine regions were known for their advanced metallurgy, but is this also true for these norther Gallic tribes, and was high quality armor so prevalent that it warrants giving these factions so many heavily armored units?
    That's interesting. I never ever fought on the British Isles in DeI, so never faced such troops. But Scotland (and Ireland) in later (late antiquity and medieval) times weren't especially famous for the use of heavy armor, more the contrary, and I did not read about remarkably armored warriors in connection with the Agricola campaign against the Caledonians in the early to mid 80s AD. Maybe there are archaeological findings?

Hello there, I think it would be cool if you gave roman champions in the Hannibal at the Gates, Macedonian Wars and perhaps even Grand Campaign the model of the Rise of the Republic champions on the campaign map. In my opinion they fit much better and are more immersive then the imperial era looking one wearing the segmentata and all, which I find fits much better with the Augustus and Empire Divided Campaigns.

Kind regards