Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

I played this mod for the first time yesterday and really enjoyed myself. It's jaw dropping how much labour and care has clearly gone into it, so thanks and well done to the team!

unfortunately the fun was killed when the AI stopped doing anything after a while. Is this a problem with the latest patch or just unavoidable with the game's AI being as opaque as I've read? After Epirus was destroyed, Rome (who I'd allied with) had 3-4 full stacks constantly just standing on the southern shore of Sicily - I assume because they wanted to attack Carthage but couldn't figure out how to get there. Carthage likewise never retaliated whatsoever to me casually taking the island right across from their capital off them. Okay I thought, must be because I have stacks defending, but now they've lost the whole province of Africa including Carthage and still not a peep out of them. I liberated settlements from both of Carthage's client states and told the resulting ally factions to attack one settlement very close by with, like I said, no sign whatsoever of resistance, and they just sit in their home provinces mustering instead. I've now taken Iol and Rome's legions and agents are still staring wistfully across the Mare Africum. Similarly, keeping one eye on what Massalia's up to, I saw their sole military success came when they attacked Narbo while its army was out of town. They've been at war with Toloso for ages now and done nothing about it. With no little sign of resistance or life on the map and absolutely no interesting border changes occurring which I can see the game suddenly feels very empty. Is this normal? After such a cool dynamic start to the campaign I was hoping it wouldn't descend into a grindfest quite so fast

oh, also, the pop ups about hegemony in Lilybaeum are broken. I had one come up where it said Carthage's hold on the island was getting stronger after I already owned the whole thing and was very successfully eradicating Punic culture there, another later where after Appolonia fell it said if Rome moved into Lilybaeum Carthage would see that as a sign of aggression. I am wondering if the reason the legions were stuck is because the Rome faction AI is somewhat hard coded to attack Epirus then attack Sicily then attack Carthage, and it doesn't know how to handle Lilybaeum already being wholly owned by a good ally

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Cretans are not your factional troops so you can have them only in few places on the map and they are limited. Cretans have extreme rate of fire and much better anti armour ranged damage at a price of range.
    Hi Kam. By anti armor do you mean 17 vs 19 or there is some other stat values here? In my current Athens campaign, those archers are just awesome and I really value the range factor (as everybody else lol).

I actually don't to upgrade rate of fire too much. They use ammunitions too quick and in a big battles it can be an issue, even if you turn off fire at will.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

When you hover your mouse over missile damage on UI, it tells you breakdown of how much of it is base and AP damage. Range is not that important compared to damage as you can just walk a bit closer and Cretans just do much more damage over the course of battle.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Hello, how does the script for the war of Rome with Carthage work? We play 1 on 1 on the network. Rome (player) has captured the entire boot. K (bot)Sicily. There are no historical reports(ROME VS Carth). There is no penalty ratio. Only for the size of the empire -15.MODS: 3-AAA (ROME, GREECE ,PUNE), upkeep +20%, Larger Battlefields(STEAM)DEI 1-2-3. 50 TURN.

Is it possible to create a Ironman mod for DEI? I don't want to fight battles on Legendary and same time I'm sure save/load is cheating against AI. The problem is I can't control myself when the choice is there lol, although I do it very rarely, one different move can change the whole campaign.

By the way, any campaign without save/load is 10 time exciting.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I could probably build an UI file where save/load buttons appear on a cycle, like every 8 turns/2 years ie
    or whatever
    or a pack through which you have just the save, and you'll need to exit the game and remove the pack for loading

Is there still a mod for the weakening of Rome, like the mod( Greek Hellenism)( it hasn't been updated for a long time)

DEI submod NO Imperium level required reform changes (Grand Campaign) compatible for 1.2.7?

There is whether you have or on Forum who uploaded. how to balance the reforms 1 on 1.online grand map
    Last edited by GyJIeBeP; January 26, 2021 at 02:10 AM.

Are the modleaders thinking about adding the advanced building system? It seems that there have been breakthroughs, that in main provinces more than 6 and in secondary provinces more than 4 buildings can be built.

Will this possibly be added in a later update DeI? Would of course change everything from a strategic point of view, if more buildings were buildable here.

And yes, I know, it is certainly still too early to say something here ^^

The region of Vistula in Suebia is situated on the coast, has the fish resource main chain building but has no port slot. Is this a bug, intended or a holdover from the vanilla game?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

Tvrtko's Avatar Libertus

How can I restore vanilla map textures so that my map looks like this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/06/06...3c4ce0c472.jpg?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    I could probably build an UI file where save/load buttons appear on a cycle, like every 8 turns/2 years ie
    or whatever
    or a pack through which you have just the save, and you'll need to exit the game and remove the pack for loading
    Jack you are so helpful that I feel I steal your precious time.
    I think first version is better, because I'm gonna cheat with second one

I was thinking if it possible to somehow transfer vanilla Legendary Ironman mode to Hard settings. I mostly care about battle settings, Hard is good balance for me and campaigns on Very Hard is best challenge if it's not Testudo.

On a side note, I did not plat vanilla Rome since 2014 I believe, and just tried it for the first time with ED DLC, what a piece of crap it is without DEI, it is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    Are the modleaders thinking about adding the advanced building system? It seems that there have been breakthroughs, that in main provinces more than 6 and in secondary provinces more than 4 buildings can be built.

Will this possibly be added in a later update DeI? Would of course change everything from a strategic point of view, if more buildings were buildable here.

And yes, I know, it is certainly still too early to say something here ^^
    Basically, it's a ton of work and the team's not sure if/how to implement it yet. It might be a submod, at least at first. Eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskandar View Post
    The region of Vistula in Suebia is situated on the coast, has the fish resource main chain building but has no port slot. Is this a bug, intended or a holdover from the vanilla game?
    That's a weird thing from the vanilla IA map. It's not a port settlement even though it looks like it should be.

Good day DEI Team.

I am playing Carthage campaign in DEI at the moment and noticed something, not a bug or anything like that, just the voice lines of the units.

It's the "Ambacti", the mercenary Iberian Champions, when you select or click on them, it uses the lines from "Oathsworn" unit.

Wouldn't be better for them to use the "Mercenary Noble Fighters" voice lines for Carthage from vanilla unstead of "Oathsworn" ?

I add a picture of the units, just in case.

It's not actually a problem or anything, if you just consider it to be more accurate and decide it is something worth looking into, and if it's not hard to change the voice lines... Since you are about to release new update soon.... i decided to post this.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Good catch, thanks!
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Hi,
    I have a problem in my Arverni campaign. I have taken Bibracte where is Meeting Ground allowing me to recruit few new units, but I can't recruit them. Sometimes they are greyed and there is a warning about low recruitment points and sometimes I can add them to my recruitment queue, but they don't recruit next round. Is it a bug, or a feature of the DEI?
    I have installed DEI 1.2.7 and Testudo 1.7

a.ieraci's Avatar Foederatus

Should Athenian AOR hoplites have better stats than standard ones? With these statistics it makes no sense to be recruited

Will you change arabian factions some time?
    Dear DEI team, thank you so much for your work. As someone who is a veteran Dei and total war player, I find arabian factions really weak.
    Nabateans are solid in roster wise, but they have such a terrible faction bonus, - to empire maintenance. I don't know if you checked it or not, but it is impossible to become an empire with them. Over imperium 5, you will get -%60 empire maintenance with governors, dignateries and other bonuses that give empire maintenance.

Sabateans on the other hand is very weak in terms of army composition. They need slight adjustements... Once you encounter with Romans or late game greek armies, it become impossible to win against them. You lose pretty much in every aspect. I know they are desert nomans who historicially didn't fight that much, but would still like to see them at least playable on hard against powerhouses somehow.

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Salve to all,

I'm interested in the battle entities shape form area but can't find any definitions for ellipse, dynamic ellipse, capsule. What shape is that ellipse for a man ? Bigger width on horizontal or vertical plan ? Dynamic ellipse totally buff me. Capsule also. So, is anybody willing to make a drawing for all those 3 to understand better what's those geometric forms taken into account in game ? Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by leonardusius; February 11, 2021 at 05:11 AM.

Just an opinion about the range of unit transports by ship.

I sometime was wondering myself that it takes about 6 turns which makes one and a half year to bring an invasion force from Crete to Nikomedia.
    even by foot the troops have more movement range as on ships (which makes no logical sense)

I clearly understand that nobody wants to get transports too fast, encountering an invasion force every turn from the other end of the sea.
    But I think you should at least be able to ship a force within one turn over the Adria or from Corsica to Sicily for example.
    ​VICTORIOSO SEMPER

Hi guys,
    Thanks for this incredible mod!
    I have an easy question: is the Erin-mesh Uriki unit looking all right?
    I am playing a Seleucid campaign with the 1.2.7 Beta 02 February update, and I noticed missing helmets on some of these soldiers with no hair where the helmet should be and long hair around their neck.
    Quite a few in this unit don't have an armour but just a tunic, and this is a heavy armoured hoplite unit.
    What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InkedScreenshot 2021-02-13 Erin-Mesh Uriki 2.jpg   InkedScreenshot 2021-02-13 Erin-Mesh Uriki 1.jpg