Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

Add a specialized port for Syracuse <3

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by MoraleBooster View Post
    Add a specialized port for Syracuse <3
    I too would like to see this.

What would it be called? How would it be different? Or do you just mean making the city itself have a special port? Because meh, Carthage is right next to it and is already a special port...

Would it be possible to have garrisons upgraded after reforms too? Rorarii instead of italian spearmen, vigiles then on and so forth.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, that is not possible hence why garrisons have a bit more "generic" unit names. Maybe someone will figure it out eventually.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; October 13, 2020 at 06:46 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

To expand on that, reforms (scripted unit restrictions) bug out garrisons pretty bad. They don't seem to check those restrictions and end up having weird variable size garrisons with multiple reform tier units.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks for the amazing work lads.
    Is there a new major/minor patch coming out soon/planned?

Hello there, i am working on a smaller overhaul mod for Rome 2 and have two questions for you.

1. It seems like you implemented seperate Imperium tables for the AI. Since you have a lot more experience, can you show me how? I know about implementing custom effect tables but i assume there is some scripting involved since i can't see how to make it for the AI only.

2. DEI adds new animations, however afaik there is currently no way to "just" have the new animations (like in a seperate mod). Would you allow me to add those animations to my mod if credit is given to your team?

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for this wonderful mod. I'm just wondering if there is a comprehensive guide re unit caps. Playing as Rome, I built up my auxiliary barracks in Numidia, and was surprised that I could only recruit 2 units of Ala Numidica Veterana (Numidian Aux Cavalry).

I'd assumed that unit caps were uniform, ie 10-12 per unit / per faction. If they are on a per unit basis, is it recorded anywhere?

Was also wondering if Elephants are only available as mercenary units, and if not, where would I build Aux barracks to recruit them?

Many thanks!

It would be wise to slightly reduce the chance to get a province via diplomat option. I don't know the math behind it, but on my last 2 campaings where I had +30 provinces, I have gained 7-8 of them via diplomacy. Sometimes gaining a fully populated and built city in the same culture in the middle of your possible future enemies break the campaing completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafilondon View Post
    Hello there, i am working on a smaller overhaul mod for Rome 2 and have two questions for you.

1. It seems like you implemented seperate Imperium tables for the AI. Since you have a lot more experience, can you show me how? I know about implementing custom effect tables but i assume there is some scripting involved since i can't see how to make it for the AI only.

2. DEI adds new animations, however afaik there is currently no way to "just" have the new animations (like in a seperate mod). Would you allow me to add those animations to my mod if credit is given to your team?
    1. The AI has separate "fame levels" it has to hit but the same imperium effects. That is assigned in the fame levels table. The reason that is setup is so that we can restrict smaller AI factions to only 2 armies. There is also special AI effects assigned via script based on imperium level. These are in the PublicOrder.lua file at the bottom and the effect bundles can be found in the effect bundles to effect junctions tables.
    2. Ritter-Floh did most of our custom animations, but they are mainly reorganizing existing vanilla animations since creating custom ones haven't been possible for most of the mods history. I have no problem with others using them but you may want to ask him as well and of course list credit.

Quote Originally Posted by MoraleBooster View Post
    Thanks for the amazing work lads.
    Is there a new major/minor patch coming out soon/planned?
    We are always working on new patches, but it probably won't be released for a few months at the soonest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntax_6 View Post
    Hi,

Firstly, thank you for this wonderful mod. I'm just wondering if there is a comprehensive guide re unit caps. Playing as Rome, I built up my auxiliary barracks in Numidia, and was surprised that I could only recruit 2 units of Ala Numidica Veterana (Numidian Aux Cavalry).

I'd assumed that unit caps were uniform, ie 10-12 per unit / per faction. If they are on a per unit basis, is it recorded anywhere?

Was also wondering if Elephants are only available as mercenary units, and if not, where would I build Aux barracks to recruit them?

Many thanks!
    There is no current guide via unit caps, you can see them in the main units table, though. I don't think there are auxiliary elephant units, you can check the AOR/aux unit map though to see.

Quote Originally Posted by tndgu View Post
    It would be wise to slightly reduce the chance to get a province via diplomat option. I don't know the math behind it, but on my last 2 campaings where I had +30 provinces, I have gained 7-8 of them via diplomacy. Sometimes gaining a fully populated and built city in the same culture in the middle of your possible future enemies break the campaing completely.
    I am honestly not sure how moddable this is, it could be something modded in the politics scripts or it could be mostly hardcoded.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Not sure if a bug, or just something weird with my setup - but Roman Legionarii seem to not want to stay in Testudo formation, they constantly switch in and out of it??? I've tried disbaling auto-fire and enabling guard mode however it doesn't change this strange switching behaviour.
    Any thoughts? Currently makes Testudo unusable

Thanks.

Hello there,
    when I disband units, I don't get their population added back. Is this a bug on my end or just how it works?
    I seem to recall Dresden saying that settler units weren't added because you could just do it with normal units, that's why I was wondering.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by DiirtyMoneyz View Post
    Not sure if a bug, or just something weird with my setup - but Roman Legionarii seem to not want to stay in Testudo formation, they constantly switch in and out of it??? I've tried disbaling auto-fire and enabling guard mode however it doesn't change this strange switching behaviour.
    Any thoughts? Currently makes Testudo unusable

Thanks.
    I will check.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeelix View Post
    Hello there,
    when I disband units, I don't get their population added back. Is this a bug on my end or just how it works?
    I seem to recall Dresden saying that settler units weren't added because you could just do it with normal units, that's why I was wondering.
    Population gets returned next turn. Also disband them one by one to make sure it works properly.

How to limit battles in the mod to the size of 20x20 units? My PC just dies at 40x40

Just a really really minor nitpick that I noticed and I think is not really a problem but anyways: Pontos (and probably Atropatkan) can still train train Sparabaras in Augustus campaign. I recall that at this time they should be phased out since the unit according to my knowledge is based on 5th and 4th century BC Persian Achaemenid units.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

@Svobodnyi

should be hardcoded, try to check if saveparser has some options for that
    or... maybe reducing army threshold to 15 instead of 20?
    if you can rise it maybe you can lower it too
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 25, 2020 at 06:00 AM.

The following feedback comes from a user of the German Strategiezone.de

Can one of the fashion developers say anything about his observation? unfortunately i don't know which submods he still uses and on which difficulty he plays

"Gave DeI another chance because of the new German translation.

Unfortunately I remembered why I don't like this mod.

I beat the Etruscans and equipped myself with 1.5 FS for Epirus. The majority are actually only weak garrison units there. At the siege I got the crisis. I let my Principes and Triarii climb the walls at the very back of the city. I wanted to control the walls and capture the towers so the enemy couldn't use his numerous pikes and the elephants inside. A few Greek militias were able to wear them down but failed completely because of the weak archers and pikes(undeployed) on the walls. Complete madness.

I tried again after this defeat, in the field against Epirus but I find it completely unrealistic when flanking and falling into the back is not very effective. Killspeed Submod does not help much either.

I would like to play DeI because of the historical Troop Tree, but the battle mechanics make my hair stand on end. Can't you do something about that?
    I wanted to try another unofficial DeI submod that brings the formation blob back to Vanilla in a restrained way.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Svobodnyi View Post
    How to limit battles in the mod to the size of 20x20 units? My PC just dies at 40x40
    What kind of PC do you have? My old pc with the GTX 670 was jerky, but it worked

Patrician

Well I can say he is wrong there as attacking back of pikes and hoplites gives lots of casualties for them since they are only units that get huge armour debuff when flanked. It was tested many times and even medicore troops are lethal to flanked pikes. I think people like him just want super fast 3-5 minutes battles in a mod where people prefer to have much longer battles. Most issues with morale and such are when people play battles on hard, very hard or legendary as they are to be played only on normal.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; October 26, 2020 at 03:04 AM.