Thread: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests

Default Re: [Feedback] Questions, Critiques and Requests for 1.2

In naval combat I'm finding that when setting a ship on fire with arrows (I.e. 100% fire damage) the ship damage starts to tick up. The problem is that it stops at 69% on every ship regardless of how many more arrows get fired. Is that a design choice or a bug?

I'd really like that tick up to go to 100% at which point the ship sinks.

I am not sure if thats from vanilla or not. A lot of naval combat is sort of hardcoded to ...suck.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by ChavKilla View Post
    In naval combat I'd really like that tick up to go to 100% at which point the ship sinks.
    As an alternative solution I'd like to emphasize that ramming is much more efficient at sinking than any other form.

FORMATION TESTUDO IS POSSIBLES TO LOOK LIKE IN ROME 1 ?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by MaYor_02 View Post
    FORMATION TESTUDO IS POSSIBLES TO LOOK LIKE IN ROME 1 ?
    Nope, the way the formation looks is unfortunately hardcoded.

when we getting these shields
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

We have more accurate ones for these unit. Larger and flat ones since above shields were not used.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Does minor settlement get walls when upgraded ?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

no

Does the low/high fertility of land affect farm income in some way ? what does it effect except supply per turn ?

It usually affects food and supply production/storage.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

"rom_MilitaryBuffMajor which building is this supposed to be ? Military academy ?

So here is a bit of a rant:

Why do you think that it is SO HARD for CA to get walls right?

Like in every single game, units pathfinding onto and out of walls has been SO BAD. Does anybody know, technically, why it is so hard? Like, I remember playing Lord of the Rings, the Battle for Middle Earth (12 years ago) when I was 14-years-old and when I sent units onto and off of walls it happened SEAMLESSLY, as if these units were merely walking on the ground.

Anyways, I may have had 1 or 2 more vodkas than I should have had, but right now I'm sieging some Romans right now and my men absolutely REFUSE to climb upon the walls. I hope the reason is just that Sega doesn't bequeath them enough money to pay coders to get walls right...

Well, I don't think it's because of a lack of effort but more of a choice of focus by the management, the GC AI is actually quite advanced for example, despite its obvious issues (you can check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m9-7ZrpbBo for an extensive look at it). It's more of a case where the design/needs of the system were simply to complex in hindsight, that was further improved in later titles. The battle AI simply wasn't altered much as far as I can gather, and was only really worked on for Warhammer TW.
    Last edited by Dardo21; November 07, 2019 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The city of Rome acts like a barracks and allows for the recruitment of core units for Rome without the need for building a traditional barracks.
    Based on my experience, I'd like to clarify that it works as barracks only if you play as Rome. If you play as other faction and capture Rome, this building doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin View Post
    So here is a bit of a rant:

Why do you think that it is SO HARD for CA to get walls right?
    Because CA is focused on squeezing money out of fans. Like for "blood and gore" DLC, which should be in base game. CA never really cared to get rid of bugs.

Is there a way I can manually remove the population system using PFM without breaking anything? I like the mechanic on paper truly but given that the AI is capable of ignoring it completely makes it feel more like a handicap to the player which I dislike. I understand there's nothing Dresden and his team can do about it since the AI is not coded by CA to handle these mechanics which is why I'm asking.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by averages View Post
    Is there a way I can manually remove the population system using PFM without breaking anything? I like the mechanic on paper truly but given that the AI is capable of ignoring it completely makes it feel more like a handicap to the player which I dislike. I understand there's nothing Dresden and his team can do about it since the AI is not coded by CA to handle these mechanics which is why I'm asking.
    there is an offical submod here (it simply removes the script callbacks from the campaign scripts)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ficial-Submods

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    there is an offical submod here (it simply removes the script callbacks from the campaign scripts)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ficial-Submods
    Oh, thank you!

*Why can I rename a legion (something not historically common) but I can't name a newborn (which I've heard was a thing once) and people I adopt don't have the option of taking my family name (Gaius Octavius -> Princeps Gaius Julius Caesar)? I read a post from years ago from a CA member that said it was a "creative choice".

What's the difference between "accompanying general" vs "parent army"? I've seen both on movement range, and can't think of why only improving a general's movement range would be important when we can disband them and deploy them somewhere else the next turn.

Several buildings that can be built in the [Roman] provincial capitals increase agriculture percent income, yet there's is no indication for any building that states whether it's for the region or province. I can't think of anything that adds a baseline agriculture income to the provincial capital so I'm guessing province?

When it comes to resources, what scenario should I choose the building path that increases resource quantity and not the one that gives huge amount of commerce income?

More to come...

If an agent has provincial bonuses, do they have to be deployed or can they be attached to a general? Champions especially have bonuses that seem split between lands and people, rather than diplomats that mostly affect lands.

*How did Europa Barbarorum for RTW incorporate agnomens, yet CA stated somewhere this was just as horrible an idea as having the ability to name your faction leader's newborn?

Why do we pronounce "Caesar" as "see-zer" yet we pronounce "Scipio" as "skip-eo"? Why?!?

Why do some generals who don't conquer much become Triumphal candidates in their late 20s, and some can conquer 10x more than the prior yet never get one? (going to go search)

Probably more to come...
    Last edited by NorthernXY; November 10, 2019 at 12:28 PM.