Page 318 of 320 FirstFirst ... 218268293308309310311312313314315316317318319320 LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6389

Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Support] Bug Reports

The Alexander and Sulla campaigns use prologue slots, so changing the difficulty slider doesn't actually have any effect.
    Is that a bug or a feature? I wish I knew that before wasting 100+ turns hoping something would happen .

What's the most reliable way to set the campaign difficulty level?

What do you mean, “is that a bug or a feature?” It’s something we learned after spending hundreds of hours putting the campaigns together. No one knew that CA set up the prologue that way. It’s not documented anywhere. Whether CA intended that or not, it’s largely irrelevant.
    Discord handle Q_Sertorius #0164

It's good that you learned that the campaign difficulty is actually set in the Prologue, it would be even better if you could share your discovery loud and clear with all your fans. It can be on your website, in the campaign description. And removing that difficulty parameter from the campaign screen would be even better because, we, players cannot guess it's not properly setting the difficulty.

We cannot remove the difficulty parameter from the campaign screen. Last time I checked, the team was working through the best solution to the issue.

How can we set the difficulty of the DEI campaigns? I didn't even touch the Vanilla game and didn't know about this Prologue. I tried to launch Rome 2 vanilla and started the Prologue but there is no difficulty parameter. What am I supposed to do?

With all the DEI fans, I can't believe I'm the only one having this problem, and yet I can't find any answer searching online.

You just play the new campaigns on Normal. I have set their modifiers to be designed for those campaigns.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi Dresden and thanks for your help. I've already played the grand campaign (wit DEI of course) in Normal, and now that I'm familiar with the DEI mechanics I want to play the DEI campaign in Hard. How can I do that?
    Last edited by Draknof; April 10, 2023 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknof View Post
    Hi Dresden and thanks for your help. I've already played the grand campaign (wit DEI of course) in Normal, and now that I'm familiar with the DEI mechanics I want to play the DEI campaign in Hard. How can I do that?
    The difficulty slider works for GC. So, just pick whatever difficulty you want for a GC campaign. It doesn’t work for Alexander or Mithridates. So, you play those on normal.

I have already posted this on discord, but I put it there also : exempting any province from taxes give an overall boost of population's growth.

First image you have Rome without any province free of taxes : loosing 550 people/turn.

And second with Sicily exempted from taxes. +350 pop

This because the taxes factor for population growth is in green. But I don't see why any exemption in Sicily should have any effect in Rome? Plus, it would be quite easy to exploit : just exempt a single-region, poor province and you have nice 1st and 2nd class pop boost everywhere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Total War_ ROME 2 14_04_2023 23_52_23.jpg   Total War_ ROME 2 14_04_2023 23_52_47.jpg  
    Last edited by Blackader; April 14, 2023 at 05:16 PM.

Imperator Augustus campaign, DeI version Mithridates patch. Britannian factions (at least Kaledonoi and Dumnonii) seem to get a faction specific mercenary unit Caternos Lancia with bloated stats and very low recruitment cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Olmsted View Post
    The difficulty slider works for GC. So, just pick whatever difficulty you want for a GC campaign. It doesn’t work for Alexander or Mithridates. So, you play those on normal.
    So the Alexandr and Mithridates campaign can only be played in normal difficuly? Is there any way to set the difficulty to hard by editing any file?

As I said already, they have custom difficulties assigned. So their bonuses are closer to hard or even very hard in some cases.

The Enetoi Pelekophoroi, many are missing boots.

When I edit the reforms skript with the pfm-tool, it wont work anymore with latest update. Any solutions? Did not change any other mods I use for years. I was always able to edit the reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    As I said already, they have custom difficulties assigned. So their bonuses are closer to hard or even very hard in some cases.
    I must be doing something wrong because I tried to start a new Alexandr campaign in Normal and it looks like the difficulty was very easy. DEI is the best mod I've seen, I really would like to enjoy your campaign guys. Could you upload a saved game at turn 0 of the Alexandr and Mithridates campaigns?

Hi Dresden,
    thank you so much for what you do. I am writing to ask you for help on Dei. A few days ago I downloaded it from this forum and installed it, the game worked fine. Since yesterday I have the following bug, namely that after a few minutes the screen goes dark but the game still continues to work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but it doesn't work. How can I do?

Hi guys, I'm looking forward to playing the DEI campaign but the Normal mode looks bugged. Would you like me to upload my saved game to check if there is something wrong with it?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Tell us what is wrong first.

Even if you upload your save, we wont be able to guess what is your issue if for example we dont have same issue as you assumed we would see.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Mars1991 View Post
    Hi Dresden,
    thank you so much for what you do. I am writing to ask you for help on Dei. A few days ago I downloaded it from this forum and installed it, the game worked fine. Since yesterday I have the following bug, namely that after a few minutes the screen goes dark but the game still continues to work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but it doesn't work. How can I do?
    The latest download is from our website or on Steam. Make sure you have the latest version. Reverify your game files and check for other mods installed.

In my game it happened that trying to recruit AOR units in Corsica caused an immediate CTD, just click on the AOR unit in the recruitment tab -> CTD. Then when starting the game again, an "out-of-date mod" message appeared.

This doesn't always happen, i managed to recruit an AOR units of sardinian archers but i'd rather not try again. Not without save game first. I'm around turn 60, my first DeI playthrough.

I use steam version of the game, and steam installation of DeI. (3 parts subscribing from Workshop).