Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by john909 View Post
    Hello again.

So I had this Koinon Galaton campaing going smoothly (had a CTD when I tried adopting just one time, others I had succesful adoptions no problem) then I have this Ambush battle where it CTD every time I attempt to play the battle. I made a video to make things more clear:
    https://youtu.be/AhvGHunJyHE

What is strange is in the battle preview the 'ambush map' is shown incorrectly - it normally should show the full path of the 'ambush road' which instead shows a strange shape that resembles to it on the upper right corner. Any thoughts?
    I've only had this happen once or twice before, I only was able to 'remedy' it by autoresolving unfortunately. Alternatively you could try loading an earlier save I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by spyros56 View Post
    Now for the name. I can suggest some synonyms of veteran. The first is palaimachos (παλαίμαχος), this means the one who hade fought in the past. The second is apostratos (απόστρατος), which means the one who was in the army and he had disbanded or his military service ended. The third is apomachos (απόμαχος), which means an elderly who hade retired from military service.
    The region is Achaea, so their name must be Achaeans (Αχαιοί). It is a region in north peloponesus, in 280 bc they had established a league with name Koinon ton Achaion. I have sent this mistranslation on fb page and they said me the name was veteran.
    The translation of wandering/roving mercenaries is πλανόδιοι/πλανήτες/περιπλανώμενοι/περιφερόμενοι. But I think in greek and english the meaning is roving without a reason, so I am not sure if it is suits. One more suggestion is the expirienced (έμπειροι). But I prefer the region suggestion. Another regions could be Boeotia and Arcadia (central peloponesus). Achaea is good, too.

In campaign with athens yes, I was using some submods. I started the game with only the three parts of DEI and it didn't solve the problem. I start new campaign with rome and carthage, without any submods, the problem is still there.
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1...922/K0Vnlw.jpg
    https://imagizer.imageshack.com/a/im...793/cbdlwx.jpg

Because I get confused and I confused you (I didn't remember that the indication was in plus/minus symbol next to population number), so I will repeat what is happening. I started a new campaign with Athens and when the green bar max out my population reduced with no reason. I was playing with some submods, so i disable all of them. I load the same save few turns back (without any submods), I press next turn and again when the bar max out the population disappeared.
    P.S.
    The new campaigns, old campaigns etc was my mistake to mention them because I didn't remember the indication was in plus/minus symbol. So I don't know if in a new or old campaign has the same bug. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for the clarification. I have seen this happen before very rarely but we were never able to track down the issue. If you have a save from before the turn when it decreases, please post it (attach a zip file or post a link to a download). We cna check it out to hopefully see what is going on.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I've only had this happen once or twice before, I only was able to 'remedy' it by autoresolving unfortunately. Alternatively you could try loading an earlier save I suppose.
    Thank you for clearing this up. Guess I would just retreat and fight those pesky Romans on the glorious field of battle. We are Gauls after all.

Hello, today ramming stopped working for me. The only change is the new launcher. Otherwise, all mods are the same. In essence, whenever an enemy ship boards one of mine, I can't use ramming to defeat the enemy ship. My triremes all approach close to it, sometimes even the ram hits the ship, but nothing happens. I just lost a battle where all that the enemy had left was 1 transport that had boarded one of mine. My troops routed, but the ship stayed in place and the enemy troops were no where to be seen. I spent 45 minutes trying to ram or even board to no avail. The timer ran out, and it was a defeat.

Any thoughts? Is it because CA went to the new launcher?

It may have just been that battle, but naval battles in general are pretty buggy overall in the game.

Playing as Ptolemies on the IA campaign, the Psiloi Sphendonetai don't have any shields, despite having them on their unit cards. Could also be possibly be a case of "ancient" unit cards, as for example the Machimoi Phalangitai also look nothing alike their battlefield counter parts, so I'm not sure if it's actually a "bug"?
    Also, the Ptolemikoi Toxotai Iudaioi draw from the Kleruchoi pool and the Ptolemikoi Sphendonetai Iudaioi from the Laoi. I assume the Toxotai should also draw from Laoi.
    Additionally, the Sphendonetai have 29 armour piercing damage, which seems incredibly high compared to other units.
    Last edited by Feeelix; June 21, 2020 at 06:29 AM.

Thanks!

Hello, here is the link of the save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N6b...ew?usp=sharing (population decreased)
    When I start the campaign I was using these submods: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1564536261
    List:
    1) $More Armies & More Edicts for DEI
    2) 1Divide et Impera - No PO Garrison Negative
    3) 1Divide et Impera Softcore Submod
    4) Cultural Tensio - for Divide Et Impera
    5) DEI 20 Levels
    6) DEI submod reform changes (Grand Campaign)
    7) DEI 4TPY Build/Research only
    8) All Diplomatic Options Submod - DeI
    The save is on hard. As I said, the population will be reduced even if you don't load any submod.

Thanks I will investigate when I have some time, I appreciate it!

Campidoctor

Is the Shore Leave popup appearing every time you click on a docked navy a feature or bug? Any way to turn it off on my end without effecting any other possible mod related popups?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

that's for remembering you won't have any more a -4 PO (or some similar value) for being docked

Semisalis

Latest beta pack (26 june), new late parthian cataphracts. Some men are missing their torso textures.

Thanks, I guess I missed some.

Not sure if bug or feature, but I found it to be very problematic:

There are some units that when on sea are divided onto two transport ships. So 1 unit on 2 ships. This makes it near impossible to ram them, because you can't attack those ships seperately. Also landing those troops on the shoreline doesn't work properly because of it.

This only affects maybe 20 units or so. In db>main_units_tables they can be found in GARRISON and SUPPLY
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Dresden; July 02, 2020 at 03:39 PM.

(Images here they are the very first few https://steamcommunity.com/id/FUWXD/.../?appid=214950)

I found two persistent bugs:
    I’m using Extended Particles, Rivers of Blood, GEM, and Divide Et Impera Parts 1 and 2.
    I have tried to delete game files, steam workshop files, and appdata files. Non seem to have fixed the issue.
    These issues were found in CUSTOM battle, I have yet to fight against the units mentioned in the campaign. They are also only against the AI.

1. Certain cavalry units have floating dead men issue

The floating men in the pictures belong to Nakharar Cavalry for Armenia. Carthaginian Late Sacred Band also suffers from this. There are also several more (like one of the Arverni Cav), I just don’t remember them or haven’t tried them in custom battle yet.
    This bug has me pretty stumped and I have only found two other mentions of it online.

1. Macedonian Agema clumps up upon engaging in melee, as if they were trying to force walk into behind my units.

My Agema (right) are in perfect formation, while the AI (right) is pushing their men extremely tight. They are getting shredded here.

They also show really weird behavior and try to move around and behind my units. Although this seems to happen only when I charge my units just before they hit and then target their javelins at them.
    I tried fighting Athenian pikemen and they did not exhibit these issues, so I am kind of inclined to think it is unique to the Antigonids (although that doesn’t quite make sense).

Cheers, and thanks for the amazing mod!

Dardanian Auxiliary Cavalry who are described as savage barbarians, have "civilised" voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Invicta753 View Post
    Dardanian Auxiliary Cavalry who are described as savage barbarians, have "civilised" voice.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuw View Post
    (Images here they are the very first few https://steamcommunity.com/id/FUWXD/.../?appid=214950)

I found two persistent bugs:
    I’m using Extended Particles, Rivers of Blood, GEM, and Divide Et Impera Parts 1 and 2.
    I have tried to delete game files, steam workshop files, and appdata files. Non seem to have fixed the issue.
    These issues were found in CUSTOM battle, I have yet to fight against the units mentioned in the campaign. They are also only against the AI.

1. Certain cavalry units have floating dead men issue

The floating men in the pictures belong to Nakharar Cavalry for Armenia. Carthaginian Late Sacred Band also suffers from this. There are also several more (like one of the Arverni Cav), I just don’t remember them or haven’t tried them in custom battle yet.
    This bug has me pretty stumped and I have only found two other mentions of it online.

1. Macedonian Agema clumps up upon engaging in melee, as if they were trying to force walk into behind my units.

My Agema (right) are in perfect formation, while the AI (right) is pushing their men extremely tight. They are getting shredded here.

They also show really weird behavior and try to move around and behind my units. Although this seems to happen only when I charge my units just before they hit and then target their javelins at them.
    I tried fighting Athenian pikemen and they did not exhibit these issues, so I am kind of inclined to think it is unique to the Antigonids (although that doesn’t quite make sense).

Cheers, and thanks for the amazing mod!
    The floating dead/no horse issue should be fixed in our beta (and upcoming update). The walking through lines and behind is indeed a problem. It has been lessened somewhat in the beta but its a core engine issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaxl3y View Post
    Not sure if bug or feature, but I found it to be very problematic:

There are some units that when on sea are divided onto two transport ships. So 1 unit on 2 ships. This makes it near impossible to ram them, because you can't attack those ships seperately. Also landing those troops on the shoreline doesn't work properly because of it.

This only affects maybe 20 units or so. In db>main_units_tables they can be found in GARRISON and SUPPLY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Feeelix View Post
    Also, the Ptolemikoi Toxotai Iudaioi draw from the Kleruchoi pool and the Ptolemikoi Sphendonetai Iudaioi from the Laoi. I assume the Toxotai should also draw from Laoi.
    I was reading about the ptolemaic army and it seems I assumed wrong. Evidently, it looks like the Iudaioi were actually Kleruchoi.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeelix View Post
    I was reading about the ptolemaic army and it seems I assumed wrong. Evidently, it looks like the Iudaioi were actually Kleruchoi. Also I believe the Ptolemikoi Iudaioi Thureophoroi should also be Kleruchoi then, being Laoi currently.
    Another thing is that apparently you can not recruit Machimoi Akontistai as the Ptolemaioi, at least in the IA campaign. Don't know about the Grand Campaign though.

Oops, sorry for the double post, don't know how that happened.
    Last edited by Feeelix; July 04, 2020 at 10:16 AM.

Again, in Imperator Augustus,
    Machimoi Epilektoi Phalangitai are just called Machimoi Phalangitai ( going from the names on the official DEI page ).
    Ptolemikoi Machimoi Phalangitai aren't even recruitable. Vice versa in the Grand Campaign, only Ptolemikoi Machimoi Phalangitai recruitable.
    I assume stuff like Ptolemikoi Mysoi Hippeis, Kilikioi Peltastai, Galatikoi Kleruchoi Doryphoroi and Ptolemikoi Karioi Taxeis are not supposed to be recruitable anymore at this time period? Just to make sure.
    On a side note, the shield textures on the Ptolemikoi Karioi Taxeis seem to look a bit weird.
    About the Machimoi Akontistai I mentioned in my earlier post, they also seem to be missing from the Grand Campaign. Also I'm a bit confused because you have 2 of them in one of your IA starting armies. So I don't know, maybe they got removed entirely but somehow stayed in that one IA starting army as a leftover?
    Last edited by Feeelix; July 06, 2020 at 09:18 PM.