Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Couldn't find how to edit my first post

About 3. : here is a screenshot of the power bar that keep tribal confederation bonus even when i have changed political system to Kingdom:

about 5.: the name of the North country that bugged is Xvarazm

In case it's asked, i have neither installed another mod than the DEI part 1, 2 and 3 and the game is legit version bought on steam a while ago.

EDIT 2 :

About Issue 2.:

Turn N (Ennemy General attack my army standing outside of ennemy town)

Turn N(I win the battle, see ennemy garrison state):

Turn N+1(I attack ennemy town, see ennemy garrison state)

So basically the ennemy army went from 1971 men after loosing the battle to 3021 men the next turn. There was no other stack that came between to reinforce them. Normal difficulty.

It could be that in the same turn you attacked the city had just finished an upgrade of its main building.

Just found that Germanic Farmanozz spearman (Suebi) are holding spears in reverse.

Are you supposed to only be able to build the city of Sparta to rank 3 as it's economy focused version? Playing as the Seleukidai, I can only build this one and not the other 2, because it says higher reform needed.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Invicta753 View Post
    Just found that Germanic Farmanozz spearman (Suebi) are holding spears in reverse.
    Are sure that it is not because they are seen with their javelins ready in throwing position?

Quote Originally Posted by Feeelix View Post
    Are you supposed to only be able to build the city of Sparta to rank 3 as it's economy focused version? Playing as the Seleukidai, I can only build this one and not the other 2, because it says higher reform needed.
    The reform tooltip is correct i think, they're tied to the thueros and thorax reforms I believe.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Feeelix View Post

Only Sparta can build all options due to unique reform based upgardes that Sparta gets. Other factions have limited ways to develop it.

Quote Originally Posted by walou213214 View Post
    I have been playing on the 1.2.5b version on DEI mod for 2 month and encountered a few bugs since then:

1. The city population decrease when buying a unit (let's say i buy 200 legionaries in rome, rome fighter population will go from 1000 to 800) but if i cancel it the population don't get back to 1000. it stays to 800.
    2. This one i'm not sure it's DEI related : I surround an ennemy town, the AI attacks me with garrison and a full stack. I 'almost' kill them both, like 2000 dead on 2200 but next turn when i attack the city most of the garrison units went back to 100%. Like if the units that got wiped respawned and those who lost only 50-60% men stay like they were.
    3. The government type system is either bugged or makes no sense to me : Let's say i play as the Averni and decide to switch from kingdom to tribal confederation. My general will still be "king", and the power bar on top of the politic party graph still show bonus related to kingdom. If i switch from kingdom to tribal confederation, i should get the bonus tree from tribal confederation (= high population happyness when around 30-40%, but here is stay on kingdom model and i still have to push my party to 80% control to get most of the bonus).
    4. When ambushing ennemy army, with units size set to ULTRA, the ennemy units won't look like a collumn but a blob instead because the space in which the ambushed army spawn isn't wide enough. I don't often manage to ambush ennemy but last time it happened was on the desert map with pyramide in the background.
    5. Playing as partha, i went to attack the country north border and noticed a weird bug : usually when game start the ennemy AI will fill up it's stack of 4-8 units to maximum (20) and then maybe make a few more and/or attack. Never have i ever seen an ennemy with only one town keep its stack at 10 or 12/20. Yet when i played the ennemy general would just stay at 13/20 units (i think it was 10 persian archers) and won't moove. even though i was in war with him and raiding his teritory with a same size army. i kept like that for 10 turns but ennemy wouldn't do anything.
    6. When invading ennemy territory, sometimes allies will come to "help" and will set themself in raiding stance. If i capture the town, allies army will stay in raiding stance and decrease public order for ever unless you kill them.
    7. Ennemy army when in negative food income won't suffer any attrition, public order won't even decrease. I had 3 spies stealing food on a one town ennemy for 6 turn, hoping to decrease their stack and garrison strength before attacking by reducing their food income yet they were still full health

I have my doubt that some of these bugs are related to the mess that is total war rome 2 and not the mod but since i have very little experience about rome 2 vanilla (less than 3 hours) i can't be sure.

By the way, thanks for making this mod. This is the only way i have found to enjoy this game even though i love this part of history and love strategy game. But this game is so poor on content(without mod), optimization and mechanics(again without mod)...
    1. Population goes back on next turn.
    2. Probably a building that had garrison included was built in AI city, as for the game these units are treated as new entries and do not carry over.
    6. Nothing much we can do about it but usually sending allies to new targets help or not giving them military access.
    7. AI is unable to handle food and PO management so it gets bonuses, that increase based on difficulty. Without bonuses AI would starve itself without player doing anything, especially that AI is unable to destroy own buildings so lets say you take out AI city that produced food...AI will not be able to recover unless it capture province with a lot of food.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Scion of Africanus's Avatar Libertus

Salve.

As Antigonidai, my tier III "Hoplite Barracks" in Pella allows recruitment of Royal Peltasts, Shield-Bearers and Elite Guard but the tier IV "Royal Barracks" does not indicate that any newer units can be recruited. It only increases the bonuses & penalties of the tier III barracks and adds 1 cavalry and hoplite unit to the garrison. Was this intended?

I asked some time ago but couldn't find anything in search results.

Thank you for creating and supporting this amazing mod.
    "All warfare is based on deception."

Patrician

Yes, that is intended for barracks as we wanted players and AI to have more valid armies from start. If you take a look at armies of for example Seleucids of Macedonians, they were mostly made of rather solid troops with little to no TW style levies.

That is a very good point and makes sense. Thank you KAM!

2. Probably a building that had garrison included was built in AI city, as for the game these units are treated as new entries and do not carry over.
    Indeed, because a new fortification was finished between my end turn and next one the ai was able to magically get 6 full stack. IMO that's broken but at least it's not related to the mod.

overall, my experience with this mod has been quite bugless. it shows the work you have put inside. bravo

I'm not sure if any of you have had this issue but certain javelinmen are actually archers that shoot, well, their javelins lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/nXIo6nP

P.s how do i add an image without using a link? lol sorry i have to ask
    Last edited by General_Rubenski; April 25, 2020 at 10:39 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

there is a tree icon in the text toolbar, click it and paste the imgur/whatever link there
    better to use a spoiler in the case image is medium/big size
    to open a spoiler uoìll have to "go advanced" (check the bottom right of your post)

Patrician

That is not DeI bug, this is from submod. If you spot bugs, please report them in submod thread, I believe Data Venia in this case.

Salve KAM & team.

The Armour upgrades seem to increase my units' Armour in increments of 4%, 8% and 12%, respectively, through the Shieldmaker/Armourer/Master Armourer building chain. I've only reached Level II thus far.

I'm now investing in the Blacksmith/Weaponsmith/Master Weaponsmith building chain and the tooltip indicates Melee Attack increments of 3%, 5% and 7% for each level, respectively.

Then it hit me - not even a 7% increase/Level III "Weapon" upgrade to my unit with the highest Melee Attack would equal 1 full point.
    My Thyni Romphaia has 12 Melee Attack (via other bonuses). Base value is 10.
    Therefore 0.07 x 12 = 0.84
    If the bonus applies only to the base value then 0.07 x 10 = 0.70
    Not enough to move the bar/add 1 point.

The Armour upgrade, on the other hand, seems to be beneficial in comparison. Since Armor levels for units can vary between 10 and 90, even a 4% Armor increase is beneficial. 8% is significant and more so if bonuses stack. Unless the game honors Melee Attack decimal values or rounds them up somehow, the Smithy upgrades are negligible.

What am I missing?

Thank you for creating and supporting this amazing mod.

Patrician

Game always rounds up the numbers. Also there are many sources of buffs so stuff like 7% might seem small but then you have 3% there, 7% in other place, 6% from characters etc and total number gets quite high.

Melee attack is stat that gets the most out of increase of it and is just worth more than other stats, for example 1 melee attack is worth around 2 melee defence. Hence bonuses for melee attack are lowest in order not to have OP armies by turn 50.

Right, 1 Melee Attack is worth far more than 1 Armour, but the Armourer and Weaponsmith give percentage bonuses so neither Melee Attack nor Armour get more out of the same % bonus. But the bonus levels are not parallel; 3/5/7% bonuses for Melee Attack through Weaponsmith technically make Armour bonuses more powerful as the 4/8/12% increases are greater and Armour is a passive stat, which is more valuable in battle. But I don't mind that; you made bonuses based on percentage increases instead of full numbers which makes them more balanced and proportional and that's what counts.

Regarding rounding up though, bear with me here:
    If Level III Weaponsmith upgrade is 7%, it boosts a base Melee Attack stat of 8 by 0.56. You're saying the game rounds this 8.56 to a Melee Attack stat of 9?
    If so, a unit with a base Melee Attack stat of 7 gets a 7% increase which is 0.49, so the Melee Attack stat of 7.49 rounds down to 7.0?
    Wouldn't the game either round up and round down or not round at all? If it doesn't round at all and keeps track of the decimal value stats behind the scenes then it can properly stack these decimal-value bonuses and when they become full numbers, we see that translated visibly on the unit's stat sheet. Did I make sense? lol

I'm not trying to exploit or cheese the game since I roleplay my campaigns and love a challenge, I just want to understand the stat bonus logic so I don't invest poorly in buildings and traits.

Thanks KAM.

P.S. I wonder if this could be resolved by a Weaponsmith upgrade affecting Weapon Damage instead of Melee Attack. After all, the Armourer building in the game improves Armour, not Melee Defence. Melee Attack and Defense are skills improved by experience and traits. Weapon Damage and Armour are item-specific stats which should be upgradeable by Weaponsmith and Armourer, respectively. Especially as they have ranges in double-digits (60s to 80s for Weapon Damage and 20s to 90s for Armour) while Melee Attack and Defense usually float in the single-digits between 4 and 10.
    Last edited by Scion of Africanus; April 29, 2020 at 12:19 AM. Reason: added P.S.

Patrician

No, I think you missed my point and I did not elaborate one other thing.

Melee attack and melee defence get far more sources of bonuses than other stats, you need to think from a broader perspective as individual bonuses dont matter that much until you take all bonuses into account. For example attack and defence also get flat stat increase from experience, which armour does not get, hence these smaller % bonuses matter more and more. Also stats were made with pretty carefully picked values in mind. You can already double unit melee attack in around 50 turns, which is a bit OP.

Ok, I'm still not clear on the rounding up/down and decimal value tracking but I'll let that go since it's not critical, haha. I just don't see the Weaponsmith building chain bonuses on my unit's stat sheets so I'm hesitant on investing in it and wonder if I should consider focusing on something else. Armourer is definitely important though.

But now I know there are some full-number bonuses which stack with % increase bonuses too and which some people like to exploit, as you say, which I had not realized until now.

And yes. I have noticed and appreciate the care and attention to detail and balance, by the way. Well done.

Thanks KAM.