Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Mastergunner_19k's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Hello Mod Team and once again...thank you guys so very much for this wonderful Mod. It is the single and only way I can imagine playing Rome II for me. I am not sure how to properly explain it but I will try: I have only the DEI main and submods subscriped and noticed lately (after I also added Dynamic Battles) that my Hoplites either start the battle in Hoplite Phalanx mode (if they are part of a reeinforcing Army) or that they will stay in said combat mode after I activate it and I can't seem to "unclick" this mode. No matter what I do they just never change their battle stance once this Phalanx is activated. The same think happened to my Pike Units just to mention it. So far I only encountered this in my Egyptian GC and also in my Carthage GC. I have yet to find time to test this in Custom Battles so I do not know if it happens there as well. Sorry if my post is difficult to understand but English is not really my strong suit....

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

That's clearly something on your end as nobody else has reported such a problem. If I were you I would look at all the submods first. Try to get rid of them and see if that solves the problem. Make sure also that there are no inactive mods hidden somewhere among the game's data files.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Are you using alternative hoplite/pike phalanx submod?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Yes KAM, I am using that Mod amongst most other official submods for DEI,the recent mods I subscribed to (prior to me noticing the issue) where alt hoplite phalanx/shieldwall, Dynamic Combat Speed, Alternative Pike Phalanx. I did check to make sure no old Mods where present from the time before I started with DEI and verified files etc. Before I subscribed to the mentioned last 3 mods i never seen this happen. I was even considering starting a new GC with a Hellenistic faction just to see if it happens with a fresh game as well...maybe something in my saved Game files collided with the new mods. It is not game breaking or anything like that, I noticed it and just can't figure it out really.

Patrician

That is because alternative hoplite/pike phalanx make it passive as per description.

Maybe i simply did not understand that part of it to be honest, somehow I did not connect the dods from the description of it being passive to the visual effect of those stances being presented as they are described by my first post. Thank you for clearing it up for me, I was worried something on my end was messing up. Consider my question resolved KAM. And thank you again for all the truly wonderful work you do for all of us gamers.

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.25 - 10.28.50.96.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	312.3 KB 
ID:	360522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.25 - 10.27.21.61.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	369.6 KB 
ID:	360523

One bug I noticed. It happens mostly in cavalry engagements.
    Men fell from horses and then animation reverts them back on to horses. Then once their hitpoints run out, they stand on top of the horse and horse run away and the dead person's model collapse 'in the air' or most of the time 'sits' in the air. And it happens a lot, too much to be ignored I suppose. Any idea how it happened? I made sure I'm using base DeI files only and no other submod. The bug can be replicated in the custom battles. I used Massalian Royal Cavalry vs. Catharginian citizen cavalry. (also works with Arevaci too)

On a side note, when I used Carthaginian sacred band cavalry one against one, there is only 'sitting-in-the-air' glitch but not 'stand up on horse and collapse in the air' glitch. So I guess they are two different bugs. Any idea how I can sort it out? (have some rusty PFM modding skill)
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

Kardaka Arteshtar (Persian Hoplites) uses sparabara spears which are significantly shorter than other hoplite spears. Not really sure if intended, but in my understaning Persian Hoplites are an imitation unit of the greek style hoplite /post-Alexanderian unit which would not use the traditional short persian spear.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin94610 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.25 - 10.28.50.96.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	312.3 KB 
ID:	360522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desktop Screenshot 2020.01.25 - 10.27.21.61.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	369.6 KB 
ID:	360523

One bug I noticed. It happens mostly in cavalry engagements.
    Men fell from horses and then animation reverts them back on to horses. Then once their hitpoints run out, they stand on top of the horse and horse run away and the dead person's model collapse 'in the air' or most of the time 'sits' in the air. And it happens a lot, too much to be ignored I suppose. Any idea how it happened? I made sure I'm using base DeI files only and no other submod. The bug can be replicated in the custom battles. I used Massalian Royal Cavalry vs. Catharginian citizen cavalry. (also works with Arevaci too)

On a side note, when I used Carthaginian sacred band cavalry one against one, there is only 'sitting-in-the-air' glitch but not 'stand up on horse and collapse in the air' glitch. So I guess they are two different bugs. Any idea how I can sort it out? (have some rusty PFM modding skill)
    Fix for this glitch is easy but it just takes time. Basically, for some reason each horse has own animation set that has to match the rider (so lance/spear/sword), which means that if you create a horse model, for example a cataphract, it needs to have 3 variants, each with just different animation set, in order to have proper animations when rider dies.

At one point we have added secondary weapons to most of cav units so if their horses were using "spear" animation and rider dies while holding a sword, animation can glitch is game was looking for that specific animation rather than some shared animation.

Point it, these can be only fixed by manually spotting them and slowly going through each entry. At one point we had a lot more of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    Kardaka Arteshtar (Persian Hoplites) uses sparabara spears which are significantly shorter than other hoplite spears. Not really sure if intended, but in my understaning Persian Hoplites are an imitation unit of the greek style hoplite /post-Alexanderian unit which would not use the traditional short persian spear.
    That makes sense, noted!

Paladin94610's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Fix for this glitch is easy but it just takes time. Basically, for some reason each horse has own animation set that has to match the rider (so lance/spear/sword), which means that if you create a horse model, for example a cataphract, it needs to have 3 variants, each with just different animation set, in order to have proper animations when rider dies.

At one point we have added secondary weapons to most of cav units so if their horses were using "spear" animation and rider dies while holding a sword, animation can glitch is game was looking for that specific animation rather than some shared animation.

Point it, these can be only fixed by manually spotting them and slowly going through each entry. At one point we had a lot more of these.

That makes sense, noted!
    Thanks a lot for the details. May I know which table I need to look for? Do I have to add animation fragment entries in animation tables?
    Update: Found out I only needed to edit land_units, mounts and mount_variants tables. Fixed.
    Last edited by Paladin94610; January 27, 2020 at 08:18 PM.
    Formerly Iberia Auxilia

The Odryssian Kingdom reforms are bugged. Since its reforms are tied to the greeks, I've lowered the number of turns required for greeks to reform (turn 2) just to test it. The thureophoroi reforms triggered for the greeks, but the Odryssian Kingdom still couldn't recruit thureos troops (the corresponding troops are greyed out, "different reforms required").

Did you change it both for the AI and the player?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdy Daddy View Post
    The Odryssian Kingdom reforms are bugged. Since its reforms are tied to the greeks, I've lowered the number of turns required for greeks to reform (turn 2) just to test it. The thureophoroi reforms triggered for the greeks, but the Odryssian Kingdom still couldn't recruit thureos troops (the corresponding troops are greyed out, "different reforms required").
    Did you change the global reforms or the player ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Did you change the global reforms or the player ones?
    Yes, I did for other nations, but in the case of Odryssian Kingdom I couldn't change anything, since it's not listed in the scripts and its reforms are tied to greek reforms.

Global reforms for greeks: turn 2, 40
    Player reforms for greeks: imperium 2, turn 2, imperium 4, turn 4
    Last edited by Leonardo; February 02, 2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Well, i had this happen to me once, and it suddenly rectified itself after restarting and loading the save a few times. Have you tried using an older save and triggering the reforms again?

I've tried before when I played as the Odryssian Kingdom when I had Win 7 installed, but nowadays I can't test saves all that often, because I can barely play DeI for 15 minutes even on minimum settings on Win10, because the game freezes very often, even during turns, but especially when clicking the diplomacy tab. The image freezes, but the sound still works. Maybe my videocard is close to dying, I don't know, because I've tried any setting suggested on this forum, even those that recommend adjusting shadows, particles, building and unit details to very high, while keeping other settings on low. A year ago I was running DeI on Ultra on the same laptop without a freeze for hours, but now, with win 10, it usually freezes/crashes in the first 10 minutes, so I save every turn. And I have the same mods as before.

I've tried before when I played as the Odryssian Kingdom when I had Win 7 installed, but nowadays I can't test saves all that often, because I can barely play DeI for 15 minutes even on minimum settings on Win10, because the game freezes very often, even during turns, but especially when clicking the diplomacy tab. The image freezes, but the sound still works. Maybe my videocard is close to dying, I don't know, because I've tried any setting suggested on this forum, even those that recommend adjusting shadows, particles, building and unit details to very high, while keeping other settings on low. A year ago I was running DeI on Ultra on the same laptop without a freeze for hours, but now, with win 10, it usually freezes/crashes in the first 10 minutes, so I save every turn. And I have the same mods as before.
    Try step #6 from the tech thread. That helped me on a number of occasions while I was having wierd performance issues.

Also, try to reinstall your video card drivers. From what I experienced myself, it's not always the best solution to have the most up-to-date GPU drivers installed.

I used to have the automatic updates on and now and then I would get some performance issues while playing DeI so at some point I turned them off, reverted to some older version of the GPU drivers that now I've kept for about a year and the game is working usually like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Try step #6 from the tech thread. That helped me on a number of occasions while I was having wierd performance issues.

Also, try to reinstall your video card drivers. From what I experienced myself, it's not always the best solution to have the most up-to-date GPU drivers installed.

I used to have the automatic updates on and now and then I would get some performance issues while playing DeI so at some point I turned them off, reverted to some older version of the GPU drivers that now I've kept for about a year and the game is working usually like a charm.
    Thanks, I will try that. Also, is it safe to use boosters like Razer Cortex? Is it efficient?

Thanks, I will try that. Also, is it safe to use boosters like Razer Cortex? Is it efficient?
    I don't know anything about it, sorry.

Afaik, boosters only really showed any decent effect on older models of hardware and don't really help much with more modern versions.