Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Oh I see. Only six icons can be shown there at the same time. This is too bad since there is plenty of space, like enough space for 4 more

During siege, the enemy ai is not using the tortoise
    It is just standing there with no unit assigned to it..

Kartli, unit Kavakaza Sparabara (Caucasian Levies) has a tag on it as it draws from Foreigners population pool. But in fact it draws from Paigan population pool.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by DC0 View Post
    Kartli, unit Kavakaza Sparabara (Caucasian Levies) has a tag on it as it draws from Foreigners population pool. But in fact it draws from Paigan population pool.
    Dear DCO,

Kavkaza Sparabara belongs to the same culture group as the Kartli nation does. The tag in the lower corner of the unit card only means that that particular unit is available in that particular region as an AOR, not that it necessarily draws from foreigner population. You will also notice that the Caucasian archers too draw from the paigan population group, but that the Scythian archers and Roxolani levies draw from the foreigner population group. This is because the two latter mentioned units belong to other culture groups. When playing as e.g. Armenia the locally available AOR cataphract archers will draw from the elite population, but when playing as a foreign invading force (Kartli, Seleucids, what ever) you can recruit that very nice unit from the plentily available foreign population.

Dear All,

I am experiencing some problems with DeI; when I start playing a campaign from scratch or I load a previous campaign, the game "freezes" when the loading bar is about 1 cm from reaching the right end. Actually it is as if only the picture is freezing, because I can hear that the music has changed and I can actually use (despite being "blindfolded") all the commands that are standard in the strategic view of the campaign map -- although for example the introductory speech at the beginning of e.g. Roman campaign wouldn't start. Furthermore, the unit cards are different and look older, and I don't understand why.

The problems started manifesting after I had completed a campaign with Rhodos, in which everything (apart from minor problems if I remember correctly) went fine. At the time I had just re-dowloaded DeI with the alternative pike mod. I then later subscribed to No Campaign Clouds, Fewer trade ships and 2TPY which I have the feeling are resposnible for what happened later on; I started a campaign with Makedon that (despite the weird-looking units, different from the ones I had seen with Rhodos) went well for a while, but at a certain point after fighting this battle (I have a Quick Save right before the battle) I couldn't get out of the loading screen despite hearing the usual sounds of the end of the battle in the campaign map and (as mentioned) being able to interact with the menu etc. From then on I couldn't do anything, not even start a new campaign. I then deleted DeI and Rome II alogether, re-downloaded them and re-added the submods (apart from campaign clouds and 2TPY) and I could now load the campaign; unfortunately, after changing the graphics in the campaign view I couldn't get out of the loading screen once again, and from then on the problem re-emerged. I then re-deleted, re-downloaded DeI and RomeII this time with only alternative pike & alternative phalanx but I couldn't even start a game, not being able to get out of the loading screen.

I have Windows 10, modified the script file for performance (the -4000 trick) and am currently using the razer cortex game booster (although only from recently, I didn't have tat when the problems arose). Is there something you suggest I could do before deleting all Steam and redownloading everything without using any mod?

Thanks in advance for the help

Also, I have the feeling I am missing some playable factions. I can't play any desert/arabian factions, I can only play Rhodos for the Greeks, the Getae for Daci, Thraci et Illyri plus no Arche Bosphorus or neighboring faction and only Lusotannan in Hiberia. Is that normal? I'm sorry for spamming

Some factions require DLCs but it does sound like you are missing some. Maybe try reverifying your game files.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hello All,

I have downloaded the latest patch for DEI and I'm now getting a graphical glitch with the UI interface for the cities in the campaign map. The background is white and I can't see the names or text because the font is also white. Only the building icons have colours... anyone knows what could be causing it?

I disabled all mods except DEI 1.2.5a

The interface works fine with no mods enabled.
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

make sure you disable/delete "custom_battle_faction_unlocker.pack" It's what caused it for me as you described.

Quote Originally Posted by jegui View Post
    Hello All,

I have downloaded the latest patch for DEI and I'm now getting a graphical glitch with the UI interface for the cities in the campaign map. The background is white and I can't see the names or text because the font is also white. Only the building icons have colours... anyone knows what could be causing it?

I disabled all mods except DEI 1.2.5a

The interface works fine with no mods enabled.
    You either have a mod active somehow (even if not active in the launcher) that has a factions table or UI table, or you are missing a mod part.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You either have a mod active somehow (even if not active in the launcher) that has a factions table or UI table, or you are missing a mod part.
    Thanks Dresden... I deleted all mod files from steam/data and subscribed to DEI steam version... that seems to have worked

My only question now is the steam version up-to-date? How do I know I'm playing the latest DEI version? Is it three parts? Just confirming... thanks!

Perhaps the file I downloaded before was corrupted...
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Hey guys, I had a question about something i've notice today when I loaded my save.
    So I noticed that after I end 1 turn, some units that were grayed out saying I can only recruit them once I reach the required reform just disappeared. I thought this was intended because as soon as I reached the Late Polybian reforms, (many turns ago) they appeared in the recruitment tab as grayed out. I've never seen this happen after loading any other save files of the same campaign until today. Also reforms that have already triggered, tigger again and i'm not sure why.

I also run Roman Legions for DeI Mod from the steam workshop and thought that was the issue since it just got updated a few days ago and haven't played the game after it got updated until now, but i disabled it and it still occurs. All other mods I have installed along with DeI have not been updated in a awhile (longer than when I first started this current campaign and I made sure they were all compatible before I started playing)

P.S. I made an Imgur collection to show you what I mean. https://imgur.com/gallery/LGz63Ge

Any ideas what this could be? Or is this not really an issue? Best case scenario, the grayed out units will appear after I research the required tech. Worse case, something got bugged and they won't show up, requiring me to restart my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDeath99 View Post

Best case scenario, the grayed out units will appear after I research the required tech.
    I mean once I hit the required reform. I've researched both purple techs already.

Hey guys,

I have recently restarted playing Rome with the mod installed. Before starting a new campaign I deleted and reinstalled R2TW and also uninstalled and resubscribed to DEI. I am now playing a grand campaign with the Getae and everything seems to be working fine except for the reforms. I am in turn 137, Imperium level 4, was I supposed to already have had the reform event triggered? I don't know if this is a factor or not, but I haven't fought any of the Eastern nomadic horse-heavy tribes.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by ctc_jackie View Post
    Hey guys,

I have recently restarted playing Rome with the mod installed. Before starting a new campaign I deleted and reinstalled R2TW and also uninstalled and resubscribed to DEI. I am now playing a grand campaign with the Getae and everything seems to be working fine except for the reforms. I am in turn 137, Imperium level 4, was I supposed to already have had the reform event triggered? I don't know if this is a factor or not, but I haven't fought any of the Eastern nomadic horse-heavy tribes.
    The Dacian reforms for the player require 100 turns - which you already have - and 10 battles against Rome. Have you fought against Rome, yet?

Hello, I am currently doing a rome campaign in empire divided. There are couple problems.

- Temple of Sol invictus is not available. It is a chapter mission too, so that makes impossible to move on.

- In all of my campaigns, including this, ships have huge problems with landing. AI constantly stuck and sometimes my landing command doesn't work too.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I am using 1.2.5

Hey Seleukos,

Thank you for the reply. At the time that I wrote the original post I didn't have any battles against Rome, but now I do and I seem to remember a pop up message saying that as a result of the conflict with Rome, I am close to a military reform in 2 years or something like that. I didn't have it yet, but I'll send a message if it is still not triggering. Thanks for the clarification.

Laetus

In Empire Divided the Roman garrison troops do not match the time of the expansion. And if you dismount the officer units the attack is broken (strong).

Augustus9260's Avatar Laetus

Hiya,

I've noted that the Kluddacorii (Alpine Sword Band), whilst being described as wearing little and pictured as bare-chested, still have an armour value of 50. I haven't seen them in battle though. Below is a link to a screenshot.

https://imgur.com/ORemRmb

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus9260 View Post
    Hiya,

I've noted that the Kluddacorii (Alpine Sword Band), whilst being described as wearing little and pictured as bare-chested, still have an armour value of 50. I haven't seen them in battle though. Below is a link to a screenshot.

https://imgur.com/ORemRmb

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Playing as the Cimbri and having the Tulingi as vasals, I have recruited a unit of them and they are indeed shirtless in battle, still retaining the armour value of 50.