Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Having an issue on Steam: all units have drastically reduced stats...except ranged units. Any ideas?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Zorus View Post
    Having an issue on Steam: all units have drastically reduced stats...except ranged units. Any ideas?
    1) Mod conglict
    2) Bad installation
    3) Using old beta and updated DEI etc

Deleted every other mod pack, unsubscribe,use Forums latest version and let us know.

Indefinitely Banned

I have a problem with the disembarkation of the maritime units when they are controlled by the AI during a siege, they do not disembark and they stay in position near the port, what can I do?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by GodDied View Post
    I have a problem with the disembarkation of the maritime units when they are controlled by the AI during a siege, they do not disembark and they stay in position near the port, what can I do?
    There is sadly nothing you can do about it, only CA can. That problem was supposed to be fixed in their recent patch, but unfortunately, it still occurs. Though, it is better now than before.

Semisalis

I've had some issues with stances. Sometimes an army will be stuck in patrol stance, with the button greyed out so it is impossible to switch. The army is stuck until the bug fixes itself because it is not possible to recruit units in patrol to cancel the stance.

Other times I will raise a new army, and it will only have two stances available. On the next turn the UI will extend as if to make room for two more stance buttons, but they do not appear and it is just blank space. The army is stuck on two stances unless the bug randomly resolves itself, which it will sometimes do.

Sometimes an army will be stuck in patrol stance and the stance button will not be greyed out, but mousing over it shows no options and the army is stuck in patrol forever. I'm on 1.2.4a with no submods.

Quote Originally Posted by Artannis Wolfrunner View Post
    wo stances available. On the next turn the UI will extend as if to make room for two more stance buttons, but they do not appear and it is just blank space. The army is stuck on two stances unless the bug randomly resolves itself, which it will sometimes do.
    I don't know about the other 2 issues, but when the patrol stance is missing, switching to another stance usually fixes it for me.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    There is sadly nothing you can do about it, only CA can. That problem was supposed to be fixed in their recent patch, but unfortunately, it still occurs. Though, it is better now than before.
    There is a good chance they'll get it right in the upcoming one

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    I don't know about the other 2 issues, but when the patrol stance is missing, switching to another stance usually fixes it for me.
    Yep, I have seen users reporting the same. Probably just and UI overlap.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Artannis Wolfrunner View Post
    I've had some issues with stances. Sometimes an army will be stuck in patrol stance, with the button greyed out so it is impossible to switch. The army is stuck until the bug fixes itself because it is not possible to recruit units in patrol to cancel the stance.

Other times I will raise a new army, and it will only have two stances available. On the next turn the UI will extend as if to make room for two more stance buttons, but they do not appear and it is just blank space. The army is stuck on two stances unless the bug randomly resolves itself, which it will sometimes do.

Sometimes an army will be stuck in patrol stance and the stance button will not be greyed out, but mousing over it shows no options and the army is stuck in patrol forever. I'm on 1.2.4a with no submods.
    Annoying when it happens, but the work-around solution is to Quick Save and then Load that save. The scripts ( or whatever ) seem to reset with the load and then all stances are available again.

1.2.4 baktria playthrough.

Bugs:
    the last tooltip for the Night commander skill is empty.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night2.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	356960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night3.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	356959

Mesopotamian cavalry description ends with "True", I don't think that's supposed to be read

Name:	mesopot_cav.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	356961

Persian cavalry is a heavy shock cavalry but misses the wedge formation

Name:	pers_cav.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	356955

Balance:
    Units with identical stats, recruitable in the same region. Maybe vary their stats a bit?

Indo-iranian light cavalry <---> Baktrian citizen cavalry - Identical except unit number and population pool

Name:	indoiran_lightcav.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	356962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	politai_hippeis.PNG 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	356957

Subeshi archers <----> Scythian archers - Identical in everything except the cost, scythians are just slightly cheaper. Should the stats be different then?

Name:	scy_tox.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	356958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sub_arc.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	356956

Balance of Baktria roster:

There is an issue with doriphoroi/tureophoroi in the Baktria roster:

Name:	baktria_tureoforoi.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	356963Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baktria_doriforoi.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	356964

The tureophoroi are just like the doriphoroi, but with better morale and javelins, for just 20mnai more. And tureophoroi are recruitable at the first barracks tier, while doriphoroi only at the second. So there is no point at all in recruiting the doriphoroi. Never. I never had the chance to recruit them, which is a pity.

I know the tureophoroi comes after a reform, but that reform is pretty early in the game, and in this playthrough I never had a 2nd tier barrack before hitting them.

As it is now, tureophoroi seem like more an upgrade to the doriphoroi, rather than complementary to them.
    My suggestion is to make the doriphoroi maybe more heavy and less mobile, so that they get a different role.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Armenia's reskin looks cool as hell, having fun playing them. I did notice some of their generals are missing their swords in-battle.

antred's Avatar Senator

The Kestrosphendones (dart slinger) unit's stats don't really agree with its description text. It says in the description that their weapon takes a long time to reload, but a unit of Kestrosphendones has a rate of fire of 10 shots / minute, whereas a Greek slinger in the exact same stack and with the exact same experience level only manages 7 shots / minute.

Hi. Female generals dont get commander intelligence or warriot trait as playin rauxsa alanna.

They tried to tame you
    Looks like they'll try again

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Dhamon View Post
    1.2.4 baktria playthrough.

Bugs:
    the last tooltip for the Night commander skill is empty.

Name:	night2.PNG 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	356960Click image for larger version. 

Name:	night3.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	356959

Mesopotamian cavalry description ends with "True", I don't think that's supposed to be read

Name:	mesopot_cav.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	356961

Persian cavalry is a heavy shock cavalry but misses the wedge formation

Name:	pers_cav.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	240.8 KB 
ID:	356955

Balance:
    Units with identical stats, recruitable in the same region. Maybe vary their stats a bit?

Indo-iranian light cavalry <---> Baktrian citizen cavalry - Identical except unit number and population pool

Name:	indoiran_lightcav.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	356962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	politai_hippeis.PNG 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	356957

Subeshi archers <----> Scythian archers - Identical in everything except the cost, scythians are just slightly cheaper. Should the stats be different then?

Name:	scy_tox.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	356958Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sub_arc.PNG 
Views:	8 
Size:	231.8 KB 
ID:	356956

Balance of Baktria roster:

There is an issue with doriphoroi/tureophoroi in the Baktria roster:

Name:	baktria_tureoforoi.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	356963Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baktria_doriforoi.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	163.8 KB 
ID:	356964

The tureophoroi are just like the doriphoroi, but with better morale and javelins, for just 20mnai more. And tureophoroi are recruitable at the first barracks tier, while doriphoroi only at the second. So there is no point at all in recruiting the doriphoroi. Never. I never had the chance to recruit them, which is a pity.

I know the tureophoroi comes after a reform, but that reform is pretty early in the game, and in this playthrough I never had a 2nd tier barrack before hitting them.

As it is now, tureophoroi seem like more an upgrade to the doriphoroi, rather than complementary to them.
    My suggestion is to make the doriphoroi maybe more heavy and less mobile, so that they get a different role.
    These doriphoroi should get an upgrade to thureophoroi after reform. I think we forgot about it.

Units you mentioned with identical stats are factional and AOR units, they can have same stats as they are not avaliable verywhere. For example as soon as you conquer other regions, you won't have access to Indo-Iranian cav. Additionally, these AOR units have limited amount of units you can recruit.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

The 'Armenikoi Epilektoi Hippotoxotai' are both described and pictured as Armoured/Cataphract Horse Archers - but are then (stats-wise) down as 'Medium Missile Cavalry'.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I will change it but it has no impact on anything. It is just text entry.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I just started a new Carthage campaign and the "Ceremonial Rites" civil research ( 1st in the Philosophy line ) is set to 3 turns.

Every other faction I've tried, that option takes 4 turns.

Carthage might have a factional research buff, some techs will have a reduced turn number, others won't.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Carthage might have a factional research buff, some techs will have a reduced turn number, others won't.
    Ah, thanks, that makes sense.

Another possible bug : Level II Shrine of Baal Zephon and Shrine of Melqart - both appear to lack any positive Punic Culture increase, iirc they all had at least a +2 in the past.

Libertus

Hello noticed in the recent version that when you play seleucid empire and in the city of Antioch there is always one unit of argyraspides phalangitai in the garrison pool.But this is not the case if you build tier 4 city structure named Antioch(they exist in the commercial and fortified antioch).Argyraspides phalangitai exists in all other building tiers exept this certain one.

Thanks for the reports guys!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----