Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

I cannot subjugate as Syracuse. Any reason why? I tried all the Dresden mods too.

Might be because Greek states like Syracuse and Massalia belong to a Greek subfaction. Not sure about Syracuse though.

Just did some testing. While the mod unlocks Satrapies for a faction like Rome, it does not appear to unlock Satrapies of Syracuse. I want to subjecate or at least make the African tribes my client states. I just took the African province and I want Numindia to completely clients or satraps. I tried to make a few military allies (liberating them) but they just turn on me within a turn or two.

This hard campaign with Syracuse has been brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero_ View Post
    Just did some testing. While the mod unlocks Satrapies for a faction like Rome, it does not appear to unlock Satrapies of Syracuse. I want to subjecate or at least make the African tribes my client states. I just took the African province and I want Numindia to completely clients or satraps. I tried to make a few military allies (liberating them) but they just turn on me within a turn or two.

This hard campaign with Syracuse has been brutal.
    Also, it does not unlock the Satrapy option of Macedon either.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; July 09, 2019 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Does anyone here have a problem with the morale reduction traits? I had a general that reduced 21.5% morale for all enemy units, yet it did not seem to change the morale at all. The same thing goes for the show of force trait (-4 morale for target army etc.) on the champions, I assume you activate this trait by targeting the army with an action and/or being in the army that attacks. I've never seen the effect of either. I'm using a bunch of submods now, but I've not seen it working in previous versions either where I bareley had any other mods.

Thats odd, it is a vanilla effect so it should be working. I will check it out.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hey guys, long time no post. I booted up DEI today and found a few bugs.

The pre-polybian units could use a look at, Hastati for instance (and possibly others like principes) have no spears (a variantmeshdefinition issue?) And some of the cavalry (general bodyguard) some of the horses have two riders. I don't know if the issue spreads to other units, will require looking at in depth.

I think my political system as Parthia is bugged, House of Suren has 1 member with 14 gravitas, but it has 45% control of the senate (while my own has 44%) and the other parties collectively have thousands of gravitas.

I have been trying to lower Suren's gravitas intentionally to lower their influence, but its not having any affect, is there something I'm missing?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

have no idea but please upload your savegame so I can have a look
    did yuo use the send gift intrigue a lot for that party?

I tried to upload a my save but it says 'invalid file'. The only other mod I have on is the Age of Hellenisation submod.

I haven't been doing a whole lot of politcal actions except I have secured loyalty maybe 6 or 7 times. I used improve relations no more than 5 times.

Suren's leader was my 2nd general after the king when I started, I used him as a governor and he gained a lot of gravitas, but I made sure the other parties overtook him by hiring more politicians and giving them lots of jobs, like emissary or organising games, but their influence only declined. There is now a new Suren leader, still 45% in senate though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suren1.png   Suren2.jpg   Suren3.jpg  

Semisalis

A few unit stats inconsistencies:
    parasim numidin seq'irim (numidian mercenary cavalry)
    they wear just tunics but they armor rating is 30. this is in contrast with the romanized and aor versions which share the same equipment but have a more fitting armor rating of 20.
    Parasim lebiponnim (AOR libi-phoenician cavarly)
    Some of them wear padded armor or light linothoraxes yet their armor rating is just a mere 20.
    Merceanry cantabrian horsemem:
    same as above, they wear some degree of protection but their armor stat is just 20.

EDIT: some more small thing about stats:
    -several light auxiliary cohortes (celtiberorum, montanorum etc.) which don't wear any kind of armor have an armor rating of 30, almost as much as hastati.
    -some units seem to be too slow for their category, especially if you consider that several units with similar equipment/role are usually faster:
    mercenary thureos swords speed 2.
    athenian euzonoi speed 3
    antesignani speed 3
    -speaking of antesignani. they wear a similar armor to hastati but they have 50 armor compared to hastati's 35. is it right?

and finally, I had a strange "increased slave unrest" event in mediolanum which actually reduced slave unrest by -15. don't think it is supposed to work that way.
    Last edited by Goffredo85; June 30, 2019 at 11:35 AM.

Something odd about the stats of some units compared to others. Many units have attack around 7, some units have attack around vanilla values in the 40s range. Armour seems to be all over the place, sarissa lancers from macedon have an underpowered charge of 51 compared to the charge of ptolemaic sarissa lancers of 80

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I am pretty sure you have messed up your mod files or run some other mods along DeI.

Goffredo85, thanks, I will look into these. Most of aux unit are not in custom battle screen and since we have around 2600 unit entries now, it is hard to keep track as all these edits need to be done manually.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Goffredo85 View Post
    -speaking of antesignani. they wear a similar armor to hastati but they have 50 armor compared to hastati's 35. is it right?
    I'm bad with names, but are these the marian skirmishers? If so, they're supposed to be medium armored legionaries that use lighter armor than the regular infantry, but are toughter than most regular skirmishers I believe.

Semisalis

yes it is exactly what they are...but wearing more or less the same armor as hastati it is weird for them to have 50 armor value. but if the stats are inteded to be like that then it is totally fine for me.
    @kam2150: thanks for your commitment, i bet it is a really demanding task. i'll post here when i find something that seems out of place.

I just tried it with a a fresh rome 2 install, no other mods with a new game, the general had the Dried Heart trait which reduced morale by 8% and the Dread Commander trait for an addition 2.5%. Checked the morale of Thyni outside of his garrison which was 68 for his general, checked inside the battle and the general had 70 morale.

Hi. Iīm playing with Jakeīs Testudo and the official 12TPY mod and the historical characters are spawning too soon. It happened in my first campaign with Macedon. Now, in a pontic campaign, the year is 269 and I have Mithridates I with 43 years, Mithridates II with 26 and Mithridates III with 21. I guess is something related with the 12TPY mod but turns seems to work properly, having the expected (and correctly named) twelve turns per year . Any idea of what could be happening? Thanks in advance.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

This is probably due to the fact that 12tpy is modding just DeI's "Family_historical_characters" table and not the "DeI_historical_characters".
    Both are under db > "historical_characters_tables"

I don't know much how they work but maybe you could try to mod (into a separate pack) the "DeI_historical_characters" table by changing the "Spawning Window Start" and "Spawning Window End" columns.
    This might do the work.

Thanks for your response, Jake. I've never modded anything in the game by myself and I think I could mess something if I try to do what you're saying. Just thought I was doing something wrong because I've only seen one comment about this issue (it was in your mod's thread but didnīt see any response).
    I guess I can live with the issue just ignoring the historical characters spawned (to be honest I didnīt like that spawning thing either)

Semisalis

Kam some other stats that you may want to check:
    scutari - speed 2. given their role and equipment similar to hastati you may want to increase their speed to 3.
    ambakaro epones - speed 8. same as above their role and equipment is similar to other cavalry units which have a speed of 10.
    curisi - speed 8. same as above.
    equites consulares and Legatus Legionis- armor 80. given their equipment, full bronze/iron muscle cuirasses and chain mail, their armor rating should be 90.
    equites veterani volcae - armor 90. this guys wear a mix of mail and leather armor, with the latter being dominant. i think armor value should be lowered to 70/80.
    rigeporedoi - charge 64. this guys wield a very long lancea and their description says that their main tactic is the charge, yet their charge value is on the same level as roman cavalry.
    cohors menapiorum - armor 60. this guys wear just tunic and helmets. 60 seems really too much for them.
    Last edited by Goffredo85; July 04, 2019 at 03:41 AM.

GaivsSejanvs's Avatar Civis

Dear devs,

I want to report that the historical battle of Cannae is not playable, while other battles are. Whenever I try to start the battle, the whole game crashes upon before I can reach the loading screen.
    Really unfortunately, I wish to play this battle with the better DeI units. Hope it get's fixed by you guys in the next version. I was wondering why no one noticed it yet.
    I use the latest version with Wrath of Sparta submod and Benjin's AAA Generals, honestly with the new launcher, but it just works.

Best regards