Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    @icon41gimp,

Have you tried to verify the integrity of the game files?

Tonight, right after updating to a new patch I had a CTD upon turn-end on my latest save. Verifying the game files solved the problem.

EDIT:

On another subject, I've spotted this one minor issue with the 'import food' edict in my latest playing session.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's the Macedonian wars campaign, playing as Rome. I'm 100% sure it was correct until yesterday.
    The import/export edicts are dependent on having certain buildings in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by Epanastatis View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Been playing DEI for around a year and a half now - wow! What a huge improvement in every way and sense.

Anyway noticed the recent update and thought I'd start a new game to see the changes (I usually start a new game on each update to prevent save compatibility issues). Playing as Massalia, I moved a stack to within reinforcement range of an enemy city and fortified my position. In the AI turn, their army attacked me, reinforced by the city garrison. Perfect. Wipe them all out, and next turn move to take the now empty city. Except the city had a full garrison again? Has anyone else experienced this? I was a bit taken aback as that's my go-to solution to avoid sieges.
    Unfortunately thats an old bug that seems to be in the base game from what I can tell. It usually happens when the AI completes a building in the region.
    Quote Originally Posted by HammyTheHamster View Post
    I've had a few issues since the update rolled out on Steam with an existing campaign - most immediately noticeable one being food output which is now totally borked, but also some other things like actions available to agents.

Is this to be expected and I just have to abandon my midway-through campaign or can it be salvaged?
    The save should be compatible. We haven't changed anything with food that I know of. The agent actions are now unlocked through skills, its a change in vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    Tiny typo noticed here :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Thanks

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

Unfortunately thats an old bug that seems to be in the base game from what I can tell. It usually happens when the AI completes a building in the region.
    Ah no worries, thanks for the quick response! I must have been fortunate enough to not have encountered this before now.

Can I also take this opportunity to say I'm really enjoying the skills previews at the bottom of the skill card? I've always wanted that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The save should be compatible. We haven't changed anything with food that I know of. The agent actions are now unlocked through skills, its a change in vanilla.
    Thanks, hate losing a good campaign to stuff like this - especially steam updates which I'm never exactly pleased with... I'll try verifying the install next and see if that sorts it out.

The food issue is quite odd, the province summaries are dramatically different from what you'd expect them to be by manually counting all the +/- food buffs from buildings - seems to be off by 5 or 6 per settlement. I could probably play in despite it but I'm still worried about what other problems might be lurking so don't want to make any progress on the save file.

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

May have been mentioned already.. one of the "Subject gains notoriety" actions - Temple Sacrilege (Arche Bosphorus) one of the options has a small spelling mistake: "Punish him youself"

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Spleen999 View Post
    May have been mentioned already.. one of the "Subject gains notoriety" actions - Temple Sacrilege (Arche Bosphorus) one of the options has a small spelling mistake: "Punish him youself"
    Let me refer to the online version of the Oxford dictionary
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/youself

Spleen999's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Let me refer to the online version of the Oxford dictionary
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/youself
    ... I wasn't great at GCSE English

Fair enough! Thanks for clearing that up

But that is not correct in "English" it is in "American" though....

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by icon41gimp View Post
    Resolved - just re-downloaded everything and it sorted itself out.

Can anyone help with crash on trying to start campaign?

Windows 10
    Downloaded fresh steam install. Ran the game and did one custom battle ok.
    Installed Patch 20 DEI files into /data/ folder
    DEI loads in the start up menus, but crashes when I try to begin a campaign
    We have a dedicated thread for that. Just click on my signature and follow the standard procedure of trying step 6 from the OP and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by aravanal05 View Post
    FPS problem is just me? Never happens before.
    Make sure to disable Anti Aliasing from ingame settings and use your GPU's AA instead.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 11, 2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Some of my regions in my save game have their growth rates all messed up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	growth.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	381.0 KB 
ID:	354555

It's not an unknown number... Logistics.....

{Downloaded Standalone Part 1s & 2 yesterday - latest Steam Update with Out of Date Mods enabled - no other Mods present in Folder - new Campaign}
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BigNumber.jpg  
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes, I have the same, is a sort of id number to define custom/modded/non CA effects, or at least I think, since those numbers are only for those effects.
    It shouldn't change anything, growth should be as always.

There also seems to be some problem with the growth map shading. As seen in the screenshot before, all the regions have low growth shading, while in reality, at least half of those regions have growth 80~100%.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

^ I don't have that number in growth panel effectively, and it's all green.
    Don't know how to help. Sorry.
    Maybe just hit end turn and everything return normal?

In addition... (and overall with this new 'Ancestral Update' - I'm really not sure everything is right!)

When 'Household Expands' there is no longer an option to 'Replace'/'Send to Pool' - it just goes to the latter anyway. Is that supposed to be correct?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I am not sure to be honest, the new ancillary changes have some issues from what I can tell. We are using the vanilla tables so I don't think its anything on our end that I know of.

Each ancillary is now a type and is assigned to a certain slot I think.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

hi!

Is there a "hygiene bug" (sanitation)? Every Roman city has -8 and so the people of illnesses will die ....

Hi guys, may have a bug playing as Pontus. Only using Dei and the Dei submods. I built a level 2 and 3 barracks however i cannot recruit pontic pikeman at all. The culture was 60% hellenic am i doing something wrong? It says under the barrack description they are recruitable however there is no option to recruit them. Other than that fantastic mod cannot imagine the game without it! Thanks for your help!

Just updated to 1.2.3 patch 20, getting CTDs every other attempt to save, either manual or auto-end-turn.
    Any one else having this issue? Hadn't run into this on 1.2.0

Only tried Grand Campaign with Carthage (Barcid) so far

Got 13 turns into Macedon on Grand Campaign with no similar CTD on save, might be something specific to Carthage?
    Last edited by slingerblitz; August 12, 2018 at 01:40 PM.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Spy actions are Authority based - steal ammo (zeal path). Mass poisoning is not in game. Recon is Authority based and it is waste of move (you must pay for what you get free with left click).

Though Baktria has already had the roster overhaul, I wanted to ask, would they ever get more thorax units? I'm a little surprised their hoplites and the like remain unchanged throughout.