Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Issue with Sabaean Nobles -- I think they're saying "noble swordsmen" for their voice line and they no longer have ammunition, despite still having bows in unit icon and model.

1.2.4b (or latest steam version, if that's not it), using a no major faction bonus submod and some gfx mods.

@GaiusSejanus Wonder whats wrong with that one in particular, I will check it out thanks.

@papaya thanks

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Demosthenes26's Avatar Libertus

Not quite sure if this is a bug or something to do with submods, but figured I'd report it just in case something was accidentally switched in an update. I noticed using the Steam DEI version that the hellenic units(tested Antigonids, Seleucids, & Ptolemies) looked a bit old-fashioned. Their helmets looked like they did in 1.2.0, before the update that incorporated true legions for true romans submod into DEI (1.2.3?), with no scipio style thracian helmets in sight - though there were no units actually missing helmets outright. I tried disabling my unit-related submods (rpgu, AAA Generals, DEI Extravaganza, Rome 2 HD, & my own WIP Athens reskin) to no avail. I switched to the forum version of DEI and the units now have the updated appearance, even with submods enabled. Also I am using the old launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanlannes View Post
    Hi. I´m playing with Jake´s Testudo and the official 12TPY mod and the historical characters are spawning too soon. It happened in my first campaign with Macedon. Now, in a pontic campaign, the year is 269 and I have Mithridates I with 43 years, Mithridates II with 26 and Mithridates III with 21. I guess is something related with the 12TPY mod but turns seems to work properly, having the expected (and correctly named) twelve turns per year . Any idea of what could be happening? Thanks in advance.
    I can confrim this happended to me, with 4 only tpy, I had King Araces at age 55 with his 3 adopted sons: Araces II, Araces III and Araces IV. (Isn't a submod conflict.)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Guys, if you're playing with major submods please report your issues to the appropriate submod's thread

I can't seem to recruit Gastraphetes or Kestrophetes as Syracuse, do I need to wait for a certain date or something?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You need higher Workshop tier to get them. Kestrophetes were moved to Macedonia as this weapon was invented by Macedonians during wars with Rome, so there was little reason why it would be as unique unit in Syracuse ;P
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Roman sword units with pilum (e.g. late hastati and principes) walk strangely (keep combat stance while marching) after throwing every their pilum. Is it intended?

Patrician

Yes, they are in battle ready stance.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yes, they are in battle ready stance.
    Thank you for the reply. Could you let me know how to mod it to make roman sword unit not using battle ready stance when they are not in battle like normal sword unit? I'd like to use it personally

Playing as Leugoz and it appears they have a duplicate unit. "Koroi" (spear levy) and "Karas Viras" (baltic light spearmen) have exactly the same stats.
    "Perkwunaz" (baltic clubmen) and "Klumbokarlaz" (club warriors) are mostly identical, though the latter has slightly better morale and costs a little more.

Bug report

In my current campaign as Rome, on turn 40/Imperium 3 I dutifully got the Polybian reforms message and was able to recruit 3 late principes. Everything as expected. The next turn, the reform units disappeared and I can't neither recruit polybian units nor upgrade Camillan units. The late principes I queued up said the "infinite" symbol on them and will not be recruited ever.
    I went ahead for 10 turns and conquered one more region. Nothing, no Polybian units.

I have the latest steam version and I have played 4 other campaigns (not Rome) without issues (got Thureos/Thorax units as Baktria when I was supposed to and so on). The only submod I run is the "official" no major faction AI bonus. I tried loading the game without the submod and clicked a turn ahead... nothing.

I have no idea what is going on

EDIT: Thank you, KAM, now I feel stupid, especially because I have been playing this mod for years. Problem solved.
    What threw me off was that I did get the reform message... but I guess I never made this specific mistake before. On a related note, the siege of Pella was a bloodbath because camillan infantry just doesn't kill fast enough so it gets slaughtered by towers... now I have a couple of thousand romans on my conscience
    Last edited by PietrolEremita; July 13, 2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Because I'm stupid

Patrician

Have you researched purple tech?

Semisalis

pedites extraordinarii(late) don't have the "repel equites" and "testudo" formations like triarii(late) do.

First poster here. I installed the steam version of Total War: Rome II - Empire Edition. However, after downloading DeI -Release parts 1 and 2 (Updated March 12) from Google Drive along with the 2TPY submod, the game crashes to desktop when I choose the option "Grand Campaign".

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Welcome to the forum Atin

The steam version has 3 parts ('cause steam has a lower MB cap) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=294694062
    The TWC 2 parts https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...dated-March-12

you have to pick one or the other

----

if it still crashes (for both versions):

If you are experiencing crashes then the following should help:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.

Known Bugs/Issues
    - Some region effect bundle icons will disappear when there are too many region effects. This is a UI limitation in the base game.
    - Sometimes a building's effects and descriptions will appear as a large blank box, due to resolution restrictions.
    - If you enter Patrol Region stance directly outside a city, you can enter the city in the stance. This is considered "cheating".
    - Fleets reduce public order when in ports but that is not displayed on the calculated UI number. A pop up advice message will inform you of the amount.
    - Sometimes the growth bar will go over the top of the population number in the region window.
    - The battle map for Crete in the Grand campaign and IA campaign is bugged. Nothing we can do about it. Our workaround for now is to use a walled settlement map.
    - Level 1 minor townships have 2 options when converting. This is for technical reasons due to the raze mechanic in Rome 2.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; July 17, 2019 at 08:59 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Atin View Post
    First poster here. I installed the steam version of Total War: Rome II - Empire Edition. However, after downloading DeI -Release parts 1 and 2 (Updated March 12) from Google Drive along with the 2TPY submod, the game crashes to desktop when I choose the option "Grand Campaign".
    Welcome aboard
    Please try both installation methods (STEAM, Forum) and let us know.

Hi all, I've recently encountered a problem where my units disappeared from recruitment pool - I cannot recruit Principes(Late) units anymore(which I used for like dozen of turns). Instead I am offered legioners for whom I am lacking required reforms. My Imperium level hasn't changed. Just to be clear I've amended reforms lua to decrease Imperium requirement to 3 for Polybian reforms.

Acty while debugging it, I've found that while I don't satisfy Imperium requirement for the reform - I do satisfy turn restriction - so at turn 99 I everything is fine, while as soon as I get to turn 100, Polybian units disappear

// I've edited by decreasing Imperium requirement by 1
    _lib.requirements.main_rome.player = {
    roman = {3, 40, 4, 100, 6, 210},
    carthaginian = {5, 80},
    greek = {3, 50, 5, 120},
    celtic = {4, 90},
    iberian = {4, 90},
    german = {4, 90},
    parthian = {5, 120}
    };

Any help? (aside from editing turn further as I play?)

Many thnx

EDIT: Acty, silly me, my current imperium level is already 4, and turn is >100, so apparently reforms are just not triggering.... any way to "re-trigger" them?
    Last edited by ildar; July 19, 2019 at 06:46 AM.

Patrician

Did you research purple refom tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Welcome to the forum Atin

The steam version has 3 parts ('cause steam has a lower MB cap) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=294694062
    The TWC 2 parts https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...dated-March-12

you have to pick one or the other

----

if it still crashes (for both versions):

If you are experiencing crashes then the following should help:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.

Known Bugs/Issues
    - Some region effect bundle icons will disappear when there are too many region effects. This is a UI limitation in the base game.
    - Sometimes a building's effects and descriptions will appear as a large blank box, due to resolution restrictions.
    - If you enter Patrol Region stance directly outside a city, you can enter the city in the stance. This is considered "cheating".
    - Fleets reduce public order when in ports but that is not displayed on the calculated UI number. A pop up advice message will inform you of the amount.
    - Sometimes the growth bar will go over the top of the population number in the region window.
    - The battle map for Crete in the Grand campaign and IA campaign is bugged. Nothing we can do about it. Our workaround for now is to use a walled settlement map.
    - Level 1 minor townships have 2 options when converting. This is for technical reasons due to the raze mechanic in Rome 2.

Thanks! Deleting both mod parts from the forum and using the 3 parts from the Steam Workshop solved the issue