Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Yeah, so I did more testing with the camels, they're way more broken than I thought. They beat Saba's most elite, top-tier spearmen in a straight melee. I have no idea what could possibly be causing this, you'd think that even without the vs cavalry bonus that they'd just get melted in long melees because of their very low armor, but they just survive forever for some reason. They took more casualties than against the weaker spearmen, but not by a huge margin. Is there some kind of hidden factor with camels that makes them so beefy?

EDIT: Well, the good news is they can't beat hoplites in one charge. The contrast between hoplite/phalagites and regular spearmen is huge though.
    Last edited by hippacrocafish; August 09, 2018 at 10:47 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I have no idea either why that happens. Which camels exactly?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I have no idea either why that happens. Which camels exactly?
    Well it seems like all the arabian camels are that way, I haven't tried the Bactrian camels. The Saba, Nabatea, and the mercenaries. Doesn't seem to matter if they're missle or the melee type.

Hello everyone, I seem to experience a reformbug.

I'm playing coop as Lusotannan, I'm hosting, friend is playing Seleucids. He got his Thureos reforms without problem as soon as the turn limit hit, he had his Imperium level already. However, we are at turn 123 now and Thorax has not triggered yet, he's almost at Imperium level 6.

I myself have not had the barbarian reform. At turn 90 I hadn't reached level 4 yet, that came a bit later. Now at turn 123, even the global reforms have not triggered, and I am halfway to level 5.

We had the ancestral beta running (dei with fixpack) and tried the hardcore submod. However we soon panicked and switched to the hardcore CAI submod.
    Now playing with full update + current dei version, no fixpack, still with hardcore CAI.

We have not tried the MP_Submod as it states it should no longer be necessary, I assumed it being out of date (not sure)

Any idea on what we've managed to break this time?

Reforms can be a bit wonky if they have to trigger post date. One thing that usually works for me, is temporarily changing the reform date to a date post your current turn number. You'd have to use the same file i assume, you can just correct it again later.

I'm always getting the message "VirtualAlloc (at place 2) returned NULL" when I want to start the game. What can I do to solve the problem?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard8472 View Post
    I'm always getting the message "VirtualAlloc (at place 2) returned NULL" when I want to start the game. What can I do to solve the problem?
    I have already answered you in the Tech thread.

Hey guys recently came back from vacation to play DEI started 2 new campaigns and ive been seeing something wierd, dont know if its a bug but i didnt want to make a new thread for this since i could post it here.

In both grand and macedonian war ive seen some factions making almost 70 percent armies of skirmishers yet others make normal regular armies perfectly balanced is weird for sure. I have only graphical submods for blood and enviroment as well as gem and ive been using the same mods for long time so i doubt its them.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
    Hey guys recently came back from vacation to play DEI started 2 new campaigns and ive been seeing something wierd, dont know if its a bug but i didnt want to make a new thread for this since i could post it here.

In both grand and macedonian war ive seen some factions making almost 70 percent armies of skirmishers yet others make normal regular armies perfectly balanced is weird for sure. I have only graphical submods for blood and enviroment as well as gem and ive been using the same mods for long time so i doubt its them.
    I believe we have no other similar reports, so it's probably something in your Data folder causing that. Since you're using other mods too, one of them could be the culprit. Even old remnants of unused mods in your Data could cause issues.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; August 10, 2018 at 08:35 AM.

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

For Rome, 2 Career Promotions have the same name: "Praetor"

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Thats odd, we had no reports of ancillaries disappearing during the beta test the past month. Do you have any other mods?
    No Neg PO Garrison, Slower Battles, Stronger Heavy Units, Cornu Belli Music Mod.

Nothing that should interfere I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I believe we have no other similar reports, so it's probably something in your Data folder causing that. Since you're using other mods too, one of them could be the culprit. Even old remnants of unused mods in your Data could cause issues.
    I will check my data folder again and try a new campaign to see as its not easy to test this as i need a campaign to progress various turns, but its seems weird than one of my mods would make it so sometimes the AI would make balanced armies and other times not. For the sake of it though i might errase everything and re-install since its been a long time.

Its possible its an issue with those factions or the conditions. For example, they may start without a barracks and a limited selection and recruit all they can immediately (which may be skirmishers). If its not a mod conflict, I would note down which factions are to blame and we can take a look at their starting conditions for recruitment.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 10, 2018 at 01:52 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Not sure if this is a bug in the script or not, i just received an event in my pontus campaign titled "Mithridates II - new royual rival" but it says that the man was born in 240BC by Ariobarzenes, whom in my campaign is currently the royal heir, and i am only in the year 267 BC, so i am guessing this event is triggered too early or?

Resolved - just re-downloaded everything and it sorted itself out.

Can anyone help with crash on trying to start campaign?

Windows 10
    Downloaded fresh steam install. Ran the game and did one custom battle ok.
    Installed Patch 20 DEI files into /data/ folder
    DEI loads in the start up menus, but crashes when I try to begin a campaign
    Last edited by icon41gimp; August 10, 2018 at 05:13 PM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by icon41gimp View Post
    Resolved - just re-downloaded everything and it sorted itself out.

Can anyone help with crash on trying to start campaign?

Windows 10
    Downloaded fresh steam install. Ran the game and did one custom battle ok.
    Installed Patch 20 DEI files into /data/ folder
    DEI loads in the start up menus, but crashes when I try to begin a campaign
    @icon41gimp,

Have you tried to verify the integrity of the game files?

Tonight, right after updating to a new patch I had a CTD upon turn-end on my latest save. Verifying the game files solved the problem.

EDIT:

On another subject, I've spotted this one minor issue with the 'import food' edict in my latest playing session.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's the Macedonian wars campaign, playing as Rome. I'm 100% sure it was correct until yesterday.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; August 10, 2018 at 06:05 PM.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Been playing DEI for around a year and a half now - wow! What a huge improvement in every way and sense.

Anyway noticed the recent update and thought I'd start a new game to see the changes (I usually start a new game on each update to prevent save compatibility issues). Playing as Massalia, I moved a stack to within reinforcement range of an enemy city and fortified my position. In the AI turn, their army attacked me, reinforced by the city garrison. Perfect. Wipe them all out, and next turn move to take the now empty city. Except the city had a full garrison again? Has anyone else experienced this? I was a bit taken aback as that's my go-to solution to avoid sieges.

I've had a few issues since the update rolled out on Steam with an existing campaign - most immediately noticeable one being food output which is now totally borked, but also some other things like actions available to agents.

Is this to be expected and I just have to abandon my midway-through campaign or can it be salvaged?

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Tiny typo noticed here :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Bento; August 10, 2018 at 07:03 PM.

FPS problem is just me? Never happens before.