Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Hey guys, a few issues with the Dacians and Thracians and bodyguard units in general:

First of with the Basileion Odryson in GC and the Thracians in the IA campaign, they have Thrakioi Pelekophoroi units in their starting armies, even though it's not available to recruit anywhere ( I suppose this may be a leftover from a roster overhaul ) .
    Secondly, in the IA campaign as Thracia they have the Ktistai unit available as a general, which I believe is a mistake as this is a dacian unit.
    Thirdly, the Thrakioi Rhomphaiaphoroi are still available in the IA campaign at the start, even though I think they should be phased out and only their late version should be recruitable, but they both are still there.
    Fourthly, with the Thrakioi Hippeis and the Thrakioi Thorakitai Hippeis, it's the same thing as with the Rhomphaiaphoroi. ( I haven't been able to check the GC to see if they're not phased out there, either, as I'm not on that reform level yet.)
    Lastly, the Thrakioi Hypaspistai bodyguard unit are also still available in IA, which seems a bit strange having a hoplite-esque unit at that time, though I'm not sure if this one isn't just intentional.

Now with the Getae / Dacians, on IA campaign they have very confusing bodyguard units : Dacii Ktistai Agemata, Ktistai, Dacii Basilikon Tarabostae, Dakes Aristoi Hippeis, Getikoi Epilektoi Hoplitai, Pedites Tarabostae and Dakes Aristoi Doriphoroi. This already seems weird because it's such a huge number, but now to the really strange thing. When I recruit or replace a general, the units seemingly randomly disappear or appear in the bodyguard choice tab, for example sometimes there are only 4 available, and then another 6 and so on. I don't know what's going on there, if some units that should be phased out because of reforms reappear or disappear sometimes or entirely something else, but whatever it is you should definetly take a look at the Dacian bodyguards.

This same thing by the way happens with other factions as well, if to a lesser extent. For example the Saka Rauka on GC also have 3 Bodyguard units; Skuda Uaezdaettae, Ysaninu Aysna and Spatahaura Hadabara, where as far as I can tell the Skuda Uaezdaettae also randomly just disappear when choosing a bodyguard unit.
    I also remember this being the case with some other factions, though I don't recall exactly with which ones. However overall, it seems like there's some problem with bodyguard units, to a bigger or lesser degree with some factions. (Maybe this is even a Rome 2 vanilla game bug, knowing this game. )

I hope I'm not spamming the threads too much by the way, I just have a huge amount of time in the last weeks and am playing an unholy amount of DEI, so I'm noticing and posting all these things, being the over-particular guy I am
    Last edited by Feeelix; November 12, 2020 at 06:44 PM.

Appreciate it, some of the DLC campaigns have some inconsistencies, especially with startpos units.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I think something with the height values of the baktrian garrison units got messed up, with more than a head taller guys than other. Basically looking like some of them are kids or dwarves, or giants for that matter.
    Last edited by Feeelix; November 13, 2020 at 09:40 AM.

Semisalis

Golberi Curoas (mercenary gallic swordmen) have axe stats, 17 damage 12 ap, instead of sword stats.
    Antesignani are not recruitable in CiG campaign.
    Last edited by Goffredo85; November 13, 2020 at 02:12 PM.

Hello!

Sorry, I had not much time since last week - here are the saves, the auto save is the one where all is fine, and the other save has the change population then.

Antigonidai 266 BC Spring.rar

auto_save.rar

Liberating Palendeva causing my campaing to crash. Root,Raze,occupy, Sack all working fine, as soon as I click liberate... Game prevents Dacian Rebels appearing. No other mods are installed.
    Last edited by tndgu; November 15, 2020 at 09:02 AM.

I appear to have run into some bugs with supply / population systems.

I have noticed the following:

- All regions have 250 Supply, and not changing each turn despite there being positive or negative differences in the region.
    - My army replenishment icon was green the same turn I took an enemy settlement, (not sure if it did replenish will check next time)
    - Roman army wasn't replenishing near Rome, moving around Asculum / Beneventum I could replenish it but I cannot understand why as Population breakdowns all looked okay.

Thanks in advance for any help on this. I am about turn 30 in my Rome campaign when I noticed this stuff... I think it was like this from the start and didn't really notice until I put 2 stacks in one region and watched the supply.

I have followed some general bug advice and completely cleared out data and verified integrity of the game.

After loading my campaign I can still see the 250 values in all regions, and ending turn no values are changing.

But when I start a new campaign I can see the supply values shifting in each region... so not sure if I actually solved something or if the problem was with my save game. I'd like to continue my save game if anyone has any advice, but I may just restart the campaign otherwise and try and observe if the bug reappears due to some conditions.

There are supply caps in regions so it could be you are at max there and the negatives are not enough to outweigh the positives (although it would be odd).

Replenishment requires all unit types to have enough troops available or none will replenish due to the way it works in the game itself. Also the replenishment of an army is usually changed when you hit end turn because thats when it checks

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    There are supply caps in regions so it could be you are at max there and the negatives are not enough to outweigh the positives (although it would be odd).

Replenishment requires all unit types to have enough troops available or none will replenish due to the way it works in the game itself. Also the replenishment of an army is usually changed when you hit end turn because thats when it checks
    I currently have 8 regions and they are all staying at 250/350 Supply. I can even see the 1 region I have 2 stacks in should be decreasing in supply but also stays at 250. New campaign and I see all these values moving fluidly in the different regions...

I also thoroughly checked the population values between the regions and couldn't see any reasons why the replenishment icons appeared and sometimes disappeared, in my home regions around Rome they should have all been replenishable throughout the stack of units. But if as you say it does this at the end of the turn, maybe the icons are bugged, but the replenishment would have happened correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

Ahh, I have figured out the supply issue its a slight usability bug..

The supply figures on the bread icon in the region details , bottom central panel, only show the supplies at the region and do not include storage. This is where I was looking.

But the supply figure on the region overview, bottom left panel shows the breakdown properly of regional and storage supplies...

As an example in Cosentia where I had a grain pit regional supplies = 250/250, and storage was something like 100/200. With a turn difference of -15 (I had some armies in the region).

Where I was looking in the region details it showed me supplies were 250/450, -15 per turn. End turn and the figure remained 250/450. This is because its not showing me the storage supplies in the figure, but it is taking it into account the max value of 450. So this was misleading me to think supplies were broken, really the storage supplies were being used in the background but the panel was not displaying that number properly. I looked at all my other regions and they all had 250/350 or 250/450 depending on my storage maximum.

Regarding replenishment I have found that the replenishing is being worked out correctly, but not being displayed properly on the fly in the army/unit effects properly as you said (it being properly calculated at end turn, so no bug here).

I have no idea if this is a mod bug or just a vanilla problem, but it's still annoying.
    After successfully using my spy to poison enemy army it says, on the icon, that that army cannot reinforce other armies in the vicinity.
    Their movement range on Campaing Map is reduced but they can still reinforce other armies.
    Is this solvable?
    Thanks.

Hello
    I notice on some Nervii units (Belgae Milnath for exemple), the metal border of oval shields disappear, at a quite close distance, and the shield become a weird "kind of octogonal shield".

Hello everyone! When checking the correct translation of units of barbarian factions in the game for the Boii, I saw that in the table __Unit_Names_Vanilla, the unit "Bagaudas" ("land_units_onscreen_name_Cel_Guerilla_swordsmen") does not have a long/historical description. https://yadi.sk/i/yCBVW57ITTo2PA Is this correct or a mistake?

P.S. A similar unit is available in the vanilla version of the game Total War: Rome II, which has only a short description and also does not have a long/historical description for it.

When I use the "English Unit Names" mod, some of the descriptions disappear. Maybe the same case.

Not sure if this is a bug or I am being a noob- the growth bar seems to max out and reset without adding any province development points. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

province development points are weirdly displayed but their math is correct
    it's just a visual bug, we should be able to fix that in the next release

This is something that was also the case many months ago already iirc., a problem with reforms; the thorax and marian reforms are there for quite some time, but the AI still doesn't upgrade their units. I still see roman Hastati etc running around, the early seleucid Hippeis Agematos and pre-thorax phalangites mixed with thorax ones for the Seleucids as well as Pontos, to name a few examples.
    Last edited by Feeelix; November 27, 2020 at 07:19 AM.

Unfortunately the AI never upgrades its units. That's an issue with the base game, not something we can actually fix.