Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Will check it out thanks

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Dont know if mentioned before or if it is a bug afterall but here it is :

Playing as Antigonidai i make sparta and athens my subject ( i m using the all diplomatic etc etc submod ) and become hellenic league.

A) Recruiting Athens hoplites from my Athens "satrapy" seems to drug population from the barbarians instead from polites. Every other unit seems to drug population from the apropriate one .

B) Homoioi hoplites' unit card showing an hoplite bearing an hoplon shield with an "A" symbol instead of "Λ"

c) not a bug at all but i have to ask, why iphicratus peltastes have so long spears ( short pikes ) instead of the traditional hoplitic dory? since they dont use hoplitic tactics ( and they dint ofcourse use phallanx formation ) aestheticaly at least seems a little of.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

They used longer spears to outreach hoplites. It allowed them to fight and defend from hoplites while still using lighter equipment.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by nikossaiz View Post
    Dont know if mentioned before or if it is a bug afterall but here it is :

Playing as Antigonidai i make sparta and athens my subject ( i m using the all diplomatic etc etc submod ) and become hellenic league.

A) Recruiting Athens hoplites from my Athens "satrapy" seems to drug population from the barbarians instead from polites. Every other unit seems to drug population from the apropriate one .
    It's supposed to be this way. Something to do with unique Athenian mercenary mechanics. Somobody should shed some light on it. Never played (or plan to) Athens.
    For example, Sparta recruits veteran mercenary hoplites form xenoi. It's their version of this mechanics.

c) not a bug at all but i have to ask, why iphicratus peltastes have so long spears ( short pikes ) instead of the traditional hoplitic dory? since they dont use hoplitic tactics ( and they dint ofcourse use phallanx formation ) aestheticaly at least seems a little of.
    Read an Invincible Beast by C. Matthew. Really a good read.
    Basically they are transitionong unit from traditional hoplite to a phalangite (protected by a pelta shield, unlike aspis - hence, peltast). Honestly don't know if they should have javs.
    I really like how dei shows this transition in hellenized Odryssian Kingdom, which is depicted in the book. Good stuff.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

It's supposed to be this way. Something to do with unique Athenian mercenary mechanics. Somobody should shed some light on it. Never played (or plan to) Athens.
    For example, Sparta recruits veteran mercenary hoplites form xenoi. It's their version of this mechanics.
    while for sparta seems legit, xenoi ( foreigners ) for them were everyone outside their laconic neigbour , for athenian hoplites recruited from barbaroi isnt right. Macedonians ( the faction i recruit them from ) couldnt in their dreams call any Athenian barbarian. Maybe something to do with the "satrapy" mechanic , but still all other units drug population from the proper one.

Honestly don't know if they should have javs
    they surely have javelins. i thing that managed to have a proper fight with hoplites cause they relying on there agility and hit an ran tactics. Some were the "bait" wall while the others harass the phallanx from side and behind. I didnt know that used overextended version of dory

So i finally had my civil war. The problem is, it is turn 119 and the new faction uses units of the late reform, which not only would be in round 140 usually for the KI but also for the player can only be as early as 120:
    https://imgur.com/a/UY38pgk

Bento's Avatar Tiro

This Corsican Coastal Levy unit is either missing their javelins or the description is incorrect. This is after Thureos reforms, playing Carthage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rome2 missing pila.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	359379

Ardiaei
    cannot require stone-thrower even if in the hall of chanpions after i have play
    Ardiaei for 140 turns.i think the team dose not add this unit into the building and please check it .
    Ardiaei
    cavalry is the worst in the compaign and worse than kimbroz and iceni so stable is useless building.

antred's Avatar Senator

Markamannoz Speutagardaz (Germanic pikemen) have 300 men, but their manpower cost when recruiting is only 200.

Quote Originally Posted by czjpony View Post
    Ardiaei
    Ardiaei for 140 turns.i think the team dose not add this unit into the building and please check it .
    Ardiaei
    cavalry is the worst in the compaign and worse than kimbroz and iceni so stable is useless building.
    I'll forward the comment about the ballista, "cavalry is the worst in the compaign and worse than kimbroz and iceni so stable is useless building." As I responded the first time you posted this, not every faction is meant to have great cavalry, if your faction doesn't have elite cav, expand into territories where you can get better mercenary or AOR cavalry units.

Quote Originally Posted by Remodor View Post
    So i finally had my civil war. The problem is, it is turn 119 and the new faction uses units of the late reform, which not only would be in round 140 usually for the KI but also for the player can only be as early as 120:
    https://imgur.com/a/UY38pgk
    I believe this is a vanilla bug, unfortunately. For example, in vanilla often they will have Marian units in early civil wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bento View Post
    This Corsican Coastal Levy unit is either missing their javelins or the description is incorrect. This is after Thureos reforms, playing Carthage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rome2 missing pila.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	297.7 KB 
ID:	359379
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antred View Post
    Markamannoz Speutagardaz (Germanic pikemen) have 300 men, but their manpower cost when recruiting is only 200.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by czjpony View Post
    Ardiaei
    Ardiaei
    Thanks, I think they are assigned Greek units for some of their artillery and those may not be properly assigned to barbarian buildings.

Hey

First of all great mod. I've been playing Vanilla since release but I don't think I'll be playing anything other than DEI now

So I'm in mid campaign on my first play through (as Carthage) and have noticed a few things that may or may not be bugs so thought I'd highlight them:

Gates that I had captured were pouring oil on my units as they entered
    Population not replaced when training cancelled (I went to train 2 or 3 Sacred band then cancelled to check another area. I moved back and couldn't recruit any as there were no longer enough Phoenicians)
    Pirates that appear off the coast of North Africa are only as war with me and no one else (intentional?)
    Issues with unit path finding up Siege ladders and down from walls
    Occasional bugs with naval movement (ships forget orders and stop dead sometimes, one became uncontrollable and headed for the edge of the map (not routing) where it sat against it unresponsively, had one become unresponsive and just sat there also)
    Caspa used a port city map (notice something about Caspa is mentioned in OP)
    Looted a settlement was told I'd get 17k, got about 11-12K
    change capitol icon is always visible on campaign no matter what screens are open

Thanks!

My Mountaineering Blog -
    https://grahamwyllie.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Caledoni View Post
    Hey

First of all great mod. I've been playing Vanilla since release but I don't think I'll be playing anything other than DEI now

So I'm in mid campaign on my first play through (as Carthage) and have noticed a few things that may or may not be bugs so thought I'd highlight them:

Gates that I had captured were pouring oil on my units as they entered
    Population not replaced when training cancelled (I went to train 2 or 3 Sacred band then cancelled to check another area. I moved back and couldn't recruit any as there were no longer enough Phoenicians)
    Pirates that appear off the coast of North Africa are only as war with me and no one else (intentional?)
    Issues with unit path finding up Siege ladders and down from walls
    Occasional bugs with naval movement (ships forget orders and stop dead sometimes, one became uncontrollable and headed for the edge of the map (not routing) where it sat against it unresponsively, had one become unresponsive and just sat there also)
    Caspa used a port city map (notice something about Caspa is mentioned in OP)
    Looted a settlement was told I'd get 17k, got about 11-12K
    change capitol icon is always visible on campaign no matter what screens are open

Thanks!
    Can't answer all of them, but I'll try. Gates are notoriously bugged and can't even properly be removed from the game from what I've heard, the scripting system isn't always flawless, I think the numbers sometimes are only returned during the next turn. Pirates spawn for certain factions I believe, but are hated by most I think. The ship issues are mostly hardcoded, but we're thinking about decreasing the size of troops on troop transports to see if that improvies their behavior atleast. The capital change icon was modded into the game which is the reason why it won't go away i believe.
    Last edited by Dardo21; September 03, 2019 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks for the response

My Mountaineering Blog -
    https://grahamwyllie.blogspot.com/

Hello all,

So I am around 120 turns into the new Alexander sub-mod campaign, and I have run into a campaign ending issue.

During the end turn sequence, the Izagage (sp?) who I have a defensive alliance with, conquered and subjugated the final Dacian Tribe town (Akink I believe). Here is the issue. When they take the city, it brings up the box which allows me to make peace with the client state, or go to war with the overlord. When I choose to make peace with the Izagage though, the end turn sequence freezes. The game itself doesn't freeze though. Army's still show their stance animation, and the wind is blowing leaves around the campaign map as it is Autumn.

Does anyone have a fix for this type of issue? I guess I can try to declare war on the Izagage and see if that lets me get through the end turn sequence, but I do not want to do that. Also, I went back to a couple previous saves from several turns before, but again, once we get to the city being captured and the selection box comes up, it freezes. Ugh.

Hope someone can help as I recently started my invasion of Anatolia.

That is indeed odd, sounds like some weird issue with diplomacy or that region. You can try reverifying your game files in Steam just in case, that sometimes helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    That is indeed odd, sounds like some weird issue with diplomacy or that region. You can try reverifying your game files in Steam just in case, that sometimes helps.
    Yea, it is quite odd. I have never had a bug like that occur before.

And sorry, I am a noob. How do I re-verify my game files in Steam?

Right click the game in your library, properties, local files and then verify integrity of game files.

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by iiShakaZulu View Post
    Also, I went back to a couple previous saves from several turns before, but again, once we get to the city being captured and the selection box comes up, it freezes. Ugh.
    How long did you wait? I've had cases where, for some reason, a faction takes like AAAGES to complete its turn, leaving me to think that the game has locked up, but then, after a few minutes, the game gets unstuck anyway. Maybe try leaving the game alone for 10 minutes or so ... might not fix the issue but could be worth a try.

https://imgur.com/a/nrH7YFX
    At this fight, i was attacking this city from the water.
    1. cavalry and scorpio spawned at land? Could be so u can actually use it..
    2. when landing inside this harbour, there is an invisible wall towards the city. Units can be assigned to fire at a spot behind the wall, but when assigned to attack or fire directly at an enemy unit, they start to run into this wall and disappear, the ai also seems to have the same problem with path finding. After passing this invisible wall, the units disappear and the engine thinks they are somewhere in the center of the map (seen at pictures).

I loaded the save again and it is still happening, so it should be able to mimic this.