Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Senator

Default Re: [Support] 1.2 Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdy Daddy View Post
    I've tried before when I played as the Odryssian Kingdom when I had Win 7 installed, but nowadays I can't test saves all that often, because I can barely play DeI for 15 minutes even on minimum settings on Win10, because the game freezes very often, even during turns, but especially when clicking the diplomacy tab. The image freezes, but the sound still works. Maybe my videocard is close to dying, I don't know, because I've tried any setting suggested on this forum, even those that recommend adjusting shadows, particles, building and unit details to very high, while keeping other settings on low. A year ago I was running DeI on Ultra on the same laptop without a freeze for hours, but now, with win 10, it usually freezes/crashes in the first 10 minutes, so I save every turn. And I have the same mods as before.
    I have the same issue, and I think it is windows 10, though no doubt someone will say they have windows 10 and have no issues.
    I picked up a GTX 1660 ti, replacing a GTX 970, and the game runs like crap no matter how low I drop the graphics, no matter if I'm in DEI or vanilla, my CPU sits around 15% while my GPU is on 99%, even when just sitting on the campaign map.

My Son on the other hand is still using a GTX 970, and is still clinging to Windows 7 64, and his game runs very smooth on campaign map and battles (both have i7 cpu), when playing multiplayer I cannot zoom in to battles, I must watch from the view point of an eagle otherwise it is like a real slide show, and after 1 out of 4 battles, I get the CTD and "virtualalloc at place two returned null" error.

I'm going to install a new SSD and dump windows 7 on it and see how it runs, and I'm almost certain it will run better.

DeI (1.2.5b) Alexander.

1.In naval battle against Persian transports my ships are unable to board them or ram then. In short, transports that can be damaged only by missiles.

2. In campaign there seems to really lot of special horse resource around, counting up about 8 or so settlements in the eastern medieterranean area, including Sardis, Gordion, Jerusalem etc. Might have something to do with the civic tech tree buildings that might interfere with the one with special resources. Or then the AI just loves to build that horse building

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Current version, main campaign.

The city information windows aren't showing correctly. Don't know why, just freshly reinstalled Rome 2 and Divide et Impera. Regular game tutorial messages are showing normally.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    The city information windows aren't showing correctly.
    And what exactly is wrong with it?

Only the head of the advisor is shown, no text window or text.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

well that surely isn't a DeI problem.
    do you have the same in the vanilla game?

in my opinion (never heard about this issue honestly) could be:
    1) your video card is dying and randomly doesn't calculate some things
    2) you have a mod bugging scripts and part of the advisor scripts aren't running

try with:
    1. Clean out your data folder found in the Rome 2 install folder for Steam. Various mods can be active even without activating them in mod manager.
    2. Most other mods are not compatible with DeI so deactivate/remove them. Some submods may still cause issues.
    3. Reverify the game in steam to check local file integrity.
    4. Make sure you have patch 17 not 16 beta for the game itself.
    5. If none of that works, try deleting the Rome2.exe file found in the Rome 2 directory and reverifying your game cache in Steam.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; February 10, 2020 at 10:58 AM.

All other text windows and texts are showing. I have a very minor submod running (HD Cities), apparently that one caused it. No idea why or how, but DeI text windows are showing now. Thx!

Noticed that cartagnian hoplites (maybe other units do this too, haven't noticed it yet) every now and then go into weird berserk mode, where enemy unit will start mashing together and toggling on and off some sort of formation while at the same time having incredible kill speed. I can often see hoplites easily achieving 600+ kills vs legionaries while barely losing any solders themselves. Playing on normal/normal...

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Weird that this bug is back. I am pretty sure I know the source of it but it does not make sense as it would also happen in base game too. I havent seen it myself with phalanx lately but this is second or third report with this. Usually it happened only if untis had two abilities it wanted to use at the same time but they dont have other formations. Let me know if it happens again, like what was going on when it started etc.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

hi,

cavalry engangement is a little bit broken for me, no matter what faction I play the units stop chasing fleeing enemies after the first kill most of times. Disengaging enemy cavalry cannot be attacked and own cavalry is completely slow in fight with cavalry. Enemies can literally run in circles round my own horses and engage/disengage at leisure. Fleeing archers just stop and shot my cavalry to pieces.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I am fairly certain that you must have a mod conflict or something got messed up in your game. Unless you had cav in guard mode, it is not even possible to mod it so that cav stops while chasing enemy.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I am fairly certain that you must have a mod conflict or something got messed up in your game. Unless you had cav in guard mode, it is not even possible to mod it so that cav stops while chasing enemy.
    Hi KAM,

ty for the fast answer, the only mods I use at steam are Divide Et Impera Part 1-Part 2-Part 3 and All Faction playable 4TPY. On a closer look it seems tht every unit most of times stop chasing fleeing Units after the first kill. After giving the command to attack we normally have an arrow in the Center of the unit which is to be attacked. And that arrow disappears after the first kill and one have to attack again and again for completely hunt down a unit. I guess that the problem with cavalry engagement is the same, the command to attack is stopped by first kill or contact on disengaging enemy units. Disengaging my cavalry for itself will lead to severe losses, enemy units have only so much as touch one of mine for a kill. I lost a handful of heavy cav in a couple of seconds versus just 18 heavy cav just happily following my horses.
    Really weird, I'm playing that game for a wile and thought I hve faces now all mysteries. I have already run a new installation of the mods and checked vanilla files on steam and still my Units are eager to win every "Peace not War" award available.

I'm getting an end-turn crash on turn 110 as Rome with the following mods:

DEI Historical Family Junia submod
    DEI 4tpy build/research/cost
    DEI No PO Garrison negative
    DEI Slower battles
    DEI all diplo submod
    DEI Graphics enhancement mod
    DEI 1
    DEI 3
    DEI 2
    DEI Female Generals

The game initially crashed on Saka Rauka's turn, so I messed with save parser. Nothing I did with them fixed the problem, so I cheat engined and killed them off before ending the turn.
    Then the game just decided to crash on Roxolani's turn, so I killed them too with cheats.
    Then the game crashed again with a different faction.

I tried disabling almost every mod but the crash keeps occurring. Verifying the game does nothing. Hurts to lose a campaign this long. Unfortunately I did not keep autosaves any turns earlier.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mesthione View Post
    I'm getting an end-turn crash on turn 110 as Rome with the following mods:

DEI Historical Family Junia submod
    DEI 4tpy build/research/cost
    DEI No PO Garrison negative
    DEI Slower battles
    DEI all diplo submod
    DEI Graphics enhancement mod
    DEI 1
    DEI 3
    DEI 2
    DEI Female Generals

The game initially crashed on Saka Rauka's turn, so I messed with save parser. Nothing I did with them fixed the problem, so I cheat engined and killed them off before ending the turn.
    Then the game just decided to crash on Roxolani's turn, so I killed them too with cheats.
    Then the game crashed again with a different faction.

I tried disabling almost every mod but the crash keeps occurring. Verifying the game does nothing. Hurts to lose a campaign this long. Unfortunately I did not keep autosaves any turns earlier.
    The only thing that I know of that happens on turn 110 is the Celtic/Dacian reforms on turn 110.

Have you tried loading your autosave, then resaving that and loading your new save? Otherwise you could also try verifying your files through Steam.

Semisalis

romanized tarentine cavalry has an incredible value of 70 armor despite most of them wearing no armor at all or just a light one. besides it is not in line with other iterations of the same unit avalaible to other factions or with the AOR one.

I have a wierd issue with my earlies forms of Camillian troops. When I set them in disiplined formation mode they sometimes want to wander of into the distance before returning to the proper formation. Other times, when in formation, and I click to attack an army, half my unit start rushing into the enemy and they don't stop until they've completely out of order and the battle field is a total mess of everyone spread out into a blubb - not like they charge. They charge "through" the enemy not stopping while being cut down.

The same goes for the Triarii Phalanx formation, it does not seem to work for me.

I have the 3x DEI main mod parts, + better water III HD and "return to glory" installed.

What is "return to glory?"

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

It's an animation mod, which usually isn't the best idea in the world to combine with DEI even if it says it's "compatible", also, all of the comments are complaining about the mod being dead, so you might want to try using DEI without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    What is "return to glory?"
    It is a animation mod to increase 1-vs-1 and kill animations

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    It's an animation mod, which usually isn't the best idea in the world to combine with DEI even if it says it's "compatible", also, all of the comments are complaining about the mod being dead, so you might want to try using DEI without it.
    I think you are correct. I removed it and it seems some of the issues with my units dissapeared.

Still I see so many simple stab kills and very few kill animations. That was the reason for me using the return to glory mod.
    Do you have any suggestions to increase the number of animations?