Thread: [Support] Bug Reports

Default Re: [Tech] 1.2 Bug Reports

Bug report: Subjugating the Helvetii crashes my game (reproducible). Accepting the Tectosages demand to declare war on the Vivisci crashes my game. save

Edit: Now I get a crash during every end turn as well.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; November 26, 2017 at 06:31 AM.

Don't know is it a bug or not...
    Began to play as Sparta in Macedon Wars campain (using more factions mod). The problem is Sparta has wrong? barracks (only 4-tier instead of unique 5-tier Leonidas mon.) and so on I can't recruit all types of spartan hoplites(((

All spartan hoplites should be available from lower tiers, its possible their roster doesnt have all of them because some are reform units.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Mmm, strange... The only spartan unit available for me is neohomoioi phalangitai. No hoplites(.

Probably incorrect roster settings then for them.

Started playing as Massalia in 1.2 and i've reached the Thorax reforms and it seems Massalia is unable to recruit neither the AOR Massalia Thorakitai Hoplitai unit in provencia with the level 3 city constructed nor the factional Thorakitai Hoplitai from any of the barracks (1-4). Though you can recruit them as a generals unit.

Thorakitai Doriphoroi, the Keltohellenic infantry, and Romaiko Summakhiko Peziko are available though from the Thorax reforms. I recalled both being recruitable back when I played 1.0 / 1.1 and it seems weird now that I couldn't recruit them in 1.2 (patch 17 and 18 beta).

How do I limit globally all spearmen to 1 ammunition? I don't know why you came up with this idea to give all this cheap tribesmen 2-3 ammunition but this turned one big skirmishing engagement rather than normal battles. I mean in previous DEI version they did not have so much ammunition and then you have changed this, I also did not see this in any other great modes like EB or RS. I don't like this advantage both for me and AI.

Oops, sorry for a wrong topic.
    Last edited by Vardano; November 26, 2017 at 02:20 AM.

I don't find that they have too much, but that would be ammo in land_units_tables.

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Bug report: Subjugating the Helvetii crashes my game (reproducible). Accepting the Tectosages demand to declare war on the Vivisci crashes my game. save

Edit: Now I get a crash during every end turn as well.
    I'm having a feeling these crashes might have something to do with the reforms trigger with the beta. In the second save game, it crashed several times during the turn load, and trying a third or so time it didn't but I had the Polybian reforms at the start of the next turn. Or maybe having a second civil war is causing problems? I had already won one.

Edit: No, it's the civil war crash. And it seems to only happen if it's the Plebeans, who don't command an army.

Edit: I figured it out. The XIII Legions submod puts so many units back into the game that it reenables the civil war crash.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; November 26, 2017 at 06:31 AM.

Levy spearman carrying his spear or pike, shield and three additional spears to throw which do really good damage. Tough guys. I can't find those tables anyway.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Which unit? Outside of Iberians and I think Germanic factions, all should have just 1 ammo.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Since the civil war army creation script ignores the reforms, I suggest giving imperial units the aux cast type. Since the player starts his campaigns in the beginning, and is less likely to see the leter era, it is far more likely to be bothered by post-marian units in the Hastati age than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Which unit? Outside of Iberians and I think Germanic factions, all should have just 1 ammo.
    Hello Kam, besides Iberian and Germanic tribes it also some African cheap tribesmen have more than one ammunition. If those units historically really carried that much ammunition then I stop here The thing is those spearmen can almost destroy half of other unit with couple of valleys. I always wondered if they have same damage as cheap javelinmen. I find them a bit OP because of damage they can cause with their range weapon.

Since the civil war army creation script ignores the reforms, I suggest giving imperial units the aux cast type. Since the player starts his campaigns in the beginning, and is less likely to see the leter era, it is far more likely to be bothered by post-marian units in the Hastati age than the other way around.
    Yeah, the issue is that the _aux unit caste affects more things like effects and unit sets. I will look into everything it impacts, but I agree adding it to Imperial units and maybe thorax units makes sense.

I certainly hope CA will fix this. They seemed quite responsive in the bug section of the official totalwar forums. Certainly someone will have reported this.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

I certainly hope CA will fix this. They seemed quite responsive in the bug section of the official totalwar forums. Certainly someone will have reported this.
    Strangely enough they're indeed looking more responsive than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhaj bej View Post
    That's my problem:
    Missing textures (Heads, arms, legs, weapons...)

https://ibb.co/cERqf6
    https://ibb.co/hV11nm
    So do I.

Quote Originally Posted by IamOdysseus View Post
    So do I.
    It's a CA bug, they need to fix the compatibility of this patch with the texture mods. This is like the 23948 time that I repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    It's a CA bug, they need to fix the compatibility of this patch with the texture mods. This is like the 23948 time that I repeat it.
    I'm so sorry. Shall I post on Total War forums or are they aware of it?

They are aware and they even put that on their FAQ. lol