Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED JAN 14

I guess I would assume if I liberated a city and gave it back to the rightful owners they wouldn't be mad at me for military action against the people who were running the city before I came along. If there is not a 'oh i remember that carthage stomped me out at one point' then i guess it makes sense. Just slightly annoying.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED JAN 13

I see what you are saying, maybe in the future we can add more local cultures to represent that.

Updated 1.2.05 January 16th
    Updated Part 1 Only
    All updates save compatible
    To update, simply download part 1 again and overwrite it in your Rome 2 data directory

Changes/Balancing
    - Reintroduced Client state/satrapy levy system for player. They should be restricted by reforms.
    - Increased various imperium negatives at higher imperium levels to try to increase mid/late game difficulty. This will negatively impact current mid/late game income levels - you have been warned
    - New Campaigns only: Added Pella and Knossos special capitals. Knossos battle map should now use a major port map rather than crashing. It will have walls so its not a perfect solution, but its better than the crashing broken battle map from vanilla.
    - Added new upgrade tech for imperial Roman reforms to hopefully fix bug with that reform.
    - Changed various emergent faction general appearances to add variety.
    - Increased cost/upkeep of mercenary naval units.
    - Moved various Iberian units around in recruitment buildings to make better use of barracks.
    - Lowered some positive diplomacy values based on culture type.
    - Increased AI food bonus to help prevent larger empires starving.
    - Increased civil war chances at higher imperium levels, lowered political party power level by 10 for various chance levels.

Smaller fixes
    - Turned script logging off for grand campaign, may improve performance a bit.
    - Fixed roman units holding no weapon after using ammo.
    - Fixed Corsican swordsmen weight classification
    - Fixed AOR tarantine cav unit card missing flag.
    - Changed some garrison unit names and effect text to try to prevent bug with missing building effect text.
    - Fixed British factions being able to build basic celtic temples after last update.
    - Fixed wrong pop unit size for an iberian unit.
    - Fixed incorrect text for some government types.
    - Added mercenary ships to red sea (new campaign only)
    - Removed some wrong units from kartli custom battle roster.
    - Changed pop tier class for an Armenian unit and an Atropatkan unit.
    - Fixed Corscia/Sardinia emergent faction names.
    - Fixed Edetani unit name being mistakenly greyed out in recruitment window.
    - Fixed Iceni sword master unit bugged swords.
    - Fixed name of Iberian mercenary unit.
    - Fixed missing name of Edetani general (new campaign only)
    - Fixed some unit names/descriptions
    - Changed growth bar settings so it should be a bit more standard (will still move around some)
    - Lowered armor for some citizen militia units.
    - Changed Pontic sword unit to a unit that stays after reforms, fixed starting unit (had a thorax unit at start)
    - Fixed an imperial Roman aux unit missing in Belgium.
    - Fixed syracuse party colors being too similar in politics screen.
    - Fixed 2 hoplite units missing disciplined trait.
    - Fixed Atropatkan missing artillery recruitment.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 28, 2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED JAN 16

Last update sent me into complete bankruptcy, over 25000 denarii in the red from 11000.Might need to tweak that, its just too much.

What imperium level are you at? There were consistent reports of mid/late game economy being a joke and an easy ride so I added various effects. I may have overdone it, but its especially harsh for save games since you don't have any way to plan for it in the update.

Current Imperium Level in my roman campaign is vii . I already have the maximum numbers of dignataries all leveled up and specialized in tackling empire maintenance as well as good number of admirals (without armies) that do the same, i would have to disband more than half my armies and even that would not give me enough to invest in newly conquered provinces, and raising taxes does not seem to help a lot

Imperium 7 has some really harsh penalties, mainly to try to balance out the fact that we increased all building income. I probably overdid it, so I can try to scale it back in the next update. I was using a save I had from imperial reforms from another player where they had 30k income or so - which I decreased quite a bit with penalties.

This may help a bit - it decreases the penalties some. But, the main thing will be to have to plan around it in the future. The general idea is to make the mid/late game more challenging by providing limitations on the economy so you have to choose your battles etc

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oyfx40...12update6.pack
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 28, 2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Foederatus

Hey guys, thank you very much for your great work It seems that there is a bug with spies that do not cause any damage to the town/city garrison when you poison wells and another one when you take a town/city you do not get any money when it says that you should, for liberating for example and for peaceful occupation and so on, you can see it also in that movie https://youtu.be/Ia3lYOybOiM for example minutes 15.30 - 15.32
    Thanks a lot
    By the way, this update you placed to help a bit to decrease penalties should be placed in data folder as the main 2 packs, right?
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/oyfx40...12update6.pack

Yes if you want to use that fix pack then load it before the other 2

First of all, fantastic mod, couldn't play Rome 2 without it anymore.

I loaded a savegame with the new version (the 16.01 update) and applied the economy patch you linked 2 posts above. Economy works fine now, but it seems as though Religious influence is bugged now, I can't seem to get any influences from my temples anymore. At first I didn't think anything of it, but then 20-30 turns in, a lot of my provinces started to have happiness problems. Upon checking I found that I had no Roman culture left anywhere except for Northern Italy (where Rome is provincial capital). Southern Italy is 50% Greek and 50% Italian, even though I build two grove of the Nymphs lvl3 (+4 Roman culture each) and a +4 Roman culture sanitation building, for a total of 12 roman culture. The city info screen however says that I have -2 influence...

Let me know if you need more info.

Great work!!! The current version is better if we compare to DEI 1.1 and updates of 1.2 are very useful, as well. In my opinion imperium negatives are necessary, without of it the game is boring (hard level) a bit ...I hope it could be real challenge now. I'd like to propose to think to increase the bonus of library and maybe decrease slightly time of research.
    " ...Added Pella and Knossos special capitals" What do you mean regarding Pella? I see that only name of city is changed nothing more?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

We are not going to increase the research bonus of libraries.

I don't understand why Armies in the desert, even when in garrison are lost to attrition. Basically if I want to defend my desert towns that I captured as Rome I will always lose troops. I even built up the supply lines more because what happened was they would keep dying of attrition even while in garrison and the supplies would run out. Eventually the whole army would be devastated. In my current situation they are simply a deterrent to another faction.

I've enjoyed the mod, didn't apply the last update. I think financially so far as been real balanced. I had to work between what I wanted to keep or leave behind. Manage my army strength. Haven't had an issue with it. But this is my first play through.

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Special capitals... i.e. Roma with Campus Martius 'Barracks'... does this mean that it is technically also a Barracks? Do I still need to build one in Rome?

Are there other cities like this also, so I don't have to go through each faction to find out?
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

You dont need a barracks in Rome's province as Rome. Some other factions have limited recruitment (basic units) from their special capitals. Rome has most all their units.

It would seem that I did something right. I can now keep an army in garrison out in the desert and they survive the summers without attrition.

Also one minor thing that has always annoyed me. The inability to look at the map during an AI war declaration. I have so many client states that of course eventually they declare war on one another. Too many symbols and factions to track. If I could look at a map I could make a better decision. Since I can't I just save before I end turns. Sometimes I make the wrong choice that I would not have made if I had a better understanding of who was declaring war on who.

Quote Originally Posted by jsertic View Post
    First of all, fantastic mod, couldn't play Rome 2 without it anymore.

I loaded a savegame with the new version (the 16.01 update) and applied the economy patch you linked 2 posts above. Economy works fine now, but it seems as though Religious influence is bugged now, I can't seem to get any influences from my temples anymore. At first I didn't think anything of it, but then 20-30 turns in, a lot of my provinces started to have happiness problems. Upon checking I found that I had no Roman culture left anywhere except for Northern Italy (where Rome is provincial capital). Southern Italy is 50% Greek and 50% Italian, even though I build two grove of the Nymphs lvl3 (+4 Roman culture each) and a +4 Roman culture sanitation building, for a total of 12 roman culture. The city info screen however says that I have -2 influence...

Let me know if you need more info.
    Along with an increase in upkeep cost, imperium levels also carry with them a increasingly high - culture influence (-8 at imperium 8 I believe), so yes it's pretty much impossible to keep your culture high enough, without spamming all your provinces with temples.

I am lowering that - it was always there but the effect was bugged so it never worked. I fixed it but now its too high.

Updated 1.2.06 January 17th
    Updated Part 1 Only
    All updates save compatible
    To update, simply download part 1 again and overwrite it in your Rome 2 data directory

Balancing/Changes
    - Lowered some of the higher tier imperium effects from last update.
    - Updated various unit cards.
    - Changed some CAI budget and other entries to try to encourage larger empires to recruit better.
    - Lowered diplomacy bonus for satrapy/client state treaty.
    - Small reduction to Macedon's diplomacy negative trait.

Smaller Fixes
    - Fixed invisible egyptian garrison unit
    - Moved Atropatkan cavalry in barracks tiers a bit.
    - Fixed a missing effect on an eastern temple line.

----

I will update with more fixes later this week, including fixing legionary animations while running and some other fixes.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 28, 2019 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Civis
    Malang city, East Java province, Indonesia

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED JAN 17

the newest uploaded part 1 is on 17th of january, not the one uploaded on 16th january, is I'm correct ?

Woops I forgot to change the text there sorry.

Also - for those in mid/late game saves it should be okay to get this update. The penalties are not nearly as severe as in my other update It will still have a small decrease but not as bad as before.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 18, 2017 at 01:48 PM.

As of the 17 january patch there is bug that restricts multiplayer campaign, when trying to join a campaign there is a message stating that the games are incompatible and of different versions. Even though i have tried inviting a player that had my data folder copied to his machine. Can someone try to confirm if this is indeed the case. Up untill this patch it has worked perfectly