Page 15 of 110 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED FEB 20

Pikes on wall are problem. They do not use secondary weapon and they form formation anywhere even if it means that 6 are on bottom and 250 are on top of wall. This 6 man on bottom can kill whole elite unit while rest is stabbing the air. If other units get stuck with them they got bonus (in fort - or something). So peasants can kill whole elite unit.
    This is old problem and it is recreated again. I remember that removing secondary weapon from pikes in medieval created same result. Pikes become unbeatable and unbalanced (they have fast animation). So i had very strange expirience when my 1000 Triari get massacred not by whole pike unit but from 6 men. My Hastati routed by unarmed rabble. 100 men in few seconds. Faster than elephants.

As I already said in the bug reports thread that is a bug in the base game. Our phalanx ability is setup to not be useable on walls. Sometimes the battle engine ignores that and allows it. Nothing we can do.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Well, just two things to do in such a case.
    Ignore them until they come down or pelt them with javelins
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

any news about mac compatibility? GC still crashing?
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Yes it still crashes, I have no idea why unfortunately.

hmm thats a shame :-/ I really wonder what causes it to crash, would it be possible to work around this issue by making a sub mod for the old version that contained the new units and buildings for the factions? and if possible maybe the battle mechanics (like the new hoplite and pike things) though I am not sure if that would be possible or not. as if I remember the strat pos is the issue (for some reason)
    Last edited by FOR GONDOR; February 25, 2017 at 01:29 AM.
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

To be honest I am working hard to get the beta itself done with various new things to finish along with tons of fixes. Perhaps eventually I can do a Mac submod but it would be nice if someone on Mac decided to mod themselves. Hate to be totally blunt, but its a small audience and I simply am too busy atm.

About "Towers now are more deadly": Much better than before, but... I feel them too deadly now??? What do you think? If I had to choose, now they are more useful, but I'd drop just a little the kill rate. I lost half of a unit of marian veteran legionaries fighting a single levie, when there was only that levie and a pair of towers that shooted just in front direction (not sided or back shooting).

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I will check it out and further balance it if I will find it slighly OP
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Hi I do not post often on twcenter, but I want to tell you that your divide 1.2 my give back the urge to play in Rome 2. What fun. . You do a great job congratulations to you for your work is your modder déterminations.
    Sorry for my English I am french.

Sonny WiFiHr's Avatar Campidoctor

I quite enjoy mod.

What about playing it on Emperors edition? 2.0? I have crash on 1st loading screen. When i use modmenager 2.0 it shows me abot 400 conflicts for each part (dei part 1 pack and deipart2.pack)

Patrician

Use original game and original mod launcher.

Hi all. Does anyone know where on screen I can see the DEI version number, currently 1.2...

I have downloaded the 1.2 version of the mod, has started the game, but I am not sure if games runs with 1.2 version

Is there any way to check?

Hi all - first time poster and complete computer novice so pardon the ignorance of the following questions. I downloaded Rome 2 from Steam. Never purchased a hard copy of the game. From reading this thread it sounds like I can't play the 1.2 beta. Is that accurate?

Don't skin me alive for this one - Dresden mentioned that a Steam version would eventually be made available. Does that take weeks/months/year? 1.2 sounds awesome. Just eager to check it out and I check the forum daily for updates.

Thanks for the hard work with the Mod.

Patrician

There is not hard copy of the game, you can run beta on steam Rome 2, you just need to manually download DeI and not download old version from steam.

Your assumption is incorrect. Any legally purchased copy of Rome 2 uses Steam. That doesn't mean you're limited to using mods from the Steam workshop though. You can download and install the 1.2 beta as soon as you want.

As far as the Steam release, yes: weeks/months/year. That's how long it will take. We don't have a set release date, but we do delay it two weeks every time someone asks about it.

Ha - thank you, both. I saw an earlier comment about the two weeks... Sorry group.

Follow-up question on the downloading the two parts of the beta off this site.. I'm downloading them to a folder on the desktop. Where do I have to move the two downloaded folders? I did delete version 1.1 of DEI. I read all the previous posts in this thread but it wasn't totally clear to me.

I realize you're probably asking yourself how does he even know how to turn on the computer...

We all started somewhere brotha

You want to copy the .pack files (PART 1 and PART 2) into your rome2/data folder. Once those are in there, hit play in Steam, and go to the Mod Manager - click the box to "ENABLE OUT OF DATE ADDONS" and then make sure both PART 1 and PART 2 are checked.

Should be all set and ready to game after that!

higuys

maybe that will me mark as an nobe, but i cant start the campaign as sparta... Is that not possible with 1.2 ?