Page 10 of 110 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED JAN 28

I play on VH/VH and the AI is not aggressive :/ If they declare war and I am Selecuids they will accept peace in the 1 turn. In my opinion you should have some script events (for player only). For instance the Slave rebellion for Rome, The independence of East satrapies for Selecuids etc etc

I'm now at 560 turns in and I own an insane amount of territory. There is one annoying thing that is happening. I now border with Seleukidai who owns a huge part of the desert between me and Parthia. Parthia randomly declared war on me so I naturally called my Allies to help. All the Allies I have north of Italy said yes to join. A few turns later Parthia offers to pay for peace without a single battle. Not that I have the means to fight with Parthia having this huge barrier of Seleukidai between myself and them. However now every single turn one or two of my allies request me to join the war against Parthia. It is beyond annoying turning them down every single turn multiple times a turn. Parthia should have never declared war against me. I didn't border them, never fought them, never even fought their allies. So I don't know why that random stuff happened. Also I've noticed sometimes if you back a save and then do it over the faction won't declare war again which is fine. But they shouldn't have in the first place.

Right now I'm testing who has the biggest balls to attack Rome. I don't think I've ever been attacked by former allies. Even if we are neutral or down to unfriendly terms. I'm building up my infrastructure and waiting for war.

To those having issues with later games not having larger AI empires be aggressive, I recommend checking out the fix pack here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ix-Pack-1-2-09

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We haven't significantly altered any tech trees from vanilla. I am not sure what you mean by "on the contrary?" But if you mean they don't match their ID keys in the db files that is probably right. CA made a bit of a mess with those.
    Thank you Dresden... But I mean that technology tree to improve cavalry is in war Exercise (with a shield icon) and the technology tree to improve army is in warrior code (with a horse icon).
    Regards...

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED FEB 1

Updated 1.2.09 February 1
    Updated Part 1 Only
    All updates save compatible
    To update, simply download part 1 again and overwrite it in your Rome 2 data directory

Various changes aimed at helping later game AI build armies and properly manage:
    - Increased tax income for both AI and player.
    - Increased income for minor town city buildings.
    - Small reduction to commodity values, increased AI trade income a bit.
    - Turned off attrition from supply for AI for now.
    - Increased hidden income bonus to 1500 in GC (was already 1500 in other campaigns), lowered imperium 1/2 income bonuses to compensate
    - Improved AI bonus to corruption management and unit upkeep/cost a bit.
    - Added new AI bonus that increases building income for them. This should provide a small income bonus that gets better as they expand.
    - Reduced upkeep on barracks buildings since AI seems to build/keep them often rather than dismantling after conquest.
    - Small reduction to temple upkeep effects.
    - Altered some more CAI building values to increase economic building in later game.
    - Small increase to AI budget priority for armies.

Balancing/Changes
    - Small increase to empire maintenance at higher imperiums to compensate for various income changes.
    - Reduced empire maintenance management character skill effects to prevent stacking and removing corruption as a mechanic.
    - Increased income on all higher tier buildings a bit to make them more worthwhile.
    - Lowered AI consumption of supplies a bit when in allied territory.
    - Increased liberation diplomacy bonus again, increased war diplomacy negative.
    - Made peace harder to get in certain situations, easier to get when faction is closer to defeat.
    - Slight reduction to occupy PO penalty over time (had increased it too much earlier)
    - Improved PO bonus on later tier temples for all factions a little. Now PO will go up a bit as you upgrade any temple.
    - Made trade agreements easier to get if neutral+
    - Slight increase to missile cavalry costs.
    - Lowered overall political action occurrences a bit.
    - Various unit cards updated.

Smaller Fixes
    - Fixed effects on barbarian minor warhorse farm buildings.
    - Moved some Atropatkan units around in the population tiers.
    - Fixed Atropatkan generals all having the same appearance in battles.
    - Fixed missing name for rhodian marine unit.
    - Fixed atropatkan heavy archer animation entry (shield disappear bug)
    - Fixed Mauryan AI recruitment settings (new campaign only)
    - Fixed a wonder having a negative rather than positive effect
    - Fixed some incorrect recruitment entries in special capitals.
    - Removed an incorrect general recruitment option from Mauryan roster.
    - Moved nubian archer AOR unit up to tier 3 buildings.
    - Increased AOR syrian archer morale
    Last edited by Dresden; February 01, 2017 at 03:28 PM.

We can not play a multiplayer campaign after the new update (incompatibility). We both downloaded both part 1 and 2. What in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by AugustusRoman View Post
    We can not play a multiplayer campaign after the new update (incompatibility). We both downloaded both part 1 and 2. What in the world?
    Have y'all both deleted the fix pack? No longer needed.

Also make sure you overwrote part 1 and didn't simply add a copy version, that happens sometimes.

What a birthday present! The updated I was waiting for

good to see keep updating!

but what's about mauryan's recruitment entries?[specific]

please answer this question.

cause I'm playing campaign so long time. and mauryan empire is quit doing well in my Seleucid empire campaign.

also I don't want quit it.

This newest version is a very different experience so far. Settlements are changing hands like mad, I guess the AI is more aggressive and willing to siege. But it almost looks like the autoresolve balance against garrisons is different....several AIs are running from region to region and starting to steamroll extremely early into the game. 30 turns in Koinon Galaton was up to 7 regions. Colchis took out Hayasdan and then Arche Bosphoros came behind them and is up to 6. Odrysion is at 5. Rome is already into Greece with Apollonia and Larissa, which is something I often didn't see 100+ turns into a campaign.

Hey I am facing problem in installation. The game hangs on loading screen. I use user script file to activate mod . Earlier all others mod had run fined. 2nd pack runs in game without activating but Mauryan faction is missing. please help me I want to play Indian faction. I do now where crash log file generated or i would have posted it

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Faramir125 View Post
    Hey I am facing problem in installation. The game hangs on loading screen. I use user script file to activate mod . Earlier all others mod had run fined. 2nd pack runs in game without activating but Mauryan faction is missing. please help me I want to play Indian faction. I do now where crash log file generated or i would have posted it
    Read the first post of the Bug Reports thread. Follow the instructions and report back if that didnt work.
    You most likely have a mod conflict. And try without the script.

I kinda back into Rome 2.
    Always wanted to play DeI since the beginning.
    So what do you suggest: keep waiting untill version 1.2 is official released
    or just play the 1.2 beta?
    (because if i start playing the 1.1 steam version, eventually i will be able to complete my campaign, cause of the 1.2 update. :/)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I would suggest playing 1.2 beta just to get a hang on new mechanics I would avoid playing 1.1 as it is much less stable, most of stuff works differently and saves won't be compatible.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I start my first full campaign with 1.2 as Rome. 550+ turns later and all the updates still works great.

First off, thank you so much for the great mod. I've easily played a 1000 hours of DEI between all the versions. I don't know if I've ever seen a mod improve a game so much.

With that being said, I dislike the changes to campaign diplomacy since the January 28th update. Before, if a country would not accept a non-aggression pact or a trade agreement you could make it worth their while by offering some money on to the deal up front. This simulated the feeling of a back and forth negotiation. But since the last update, I've been unable to get trade agreements with most countries even after having 100+ relationship with them. That's with me having 5 or more resources that they lack and offering thousands (or tens of thousands) in financial compensation. Even if you offer them a ridiculously lopsided deal in their favor, they often still won't accept. The AI's opposition to non-aggression pacts also seems strange now. Sometimes they won't even consider it in situations where it makes a lot of sense. For example, when you have very friendly relations with them for many years and have all their same enemies. This seems to be the case regardless of my comparative military strength, whether I'm at war or not, or any other factor as far as I can tell. When they finally do accept one, it seems to be random and regardless of any circumstance.

Another strange thing is sometimes after I finally get someone to accept a trade deal, they will regularly cancel the deal only to accept one with high probability the next turn. The diplomacy before these updates seemed much more logical and natural even if they got into NA pacts, trade agreements, or alliances too easily. I feel like there is a middle ground somewhere.

Also, I'm sure you're aware of this, but reducing the campaign movement range seems to greatly increase AI aggression in this version. Even small changes such as a 30% reduction made a huge difference. I know you offer a submod with reduced movement ranges, but you might want to consider making this part of the base experience because it really does help more than anything else I've found.

Thank you and keep up the great work! Most of the changes in 1.2 are spectacular, especially the improved battle AI.

Patrician

Well, with 28th Jan patch in case of Baktria meant not Trade with anyone, even for money. With current patch I was able to get 2 TA in first turn and without any money so it got better

Hi Dresden ,

First of all great mod , DIV is the reason I dropped Attila and went back to Rome 2 , amazing job and congratulation to you and the Div team.
    I apologize if this was already asked but if I am not mistaken Kam was mentioning that we can use custom battle camera mod ,the one that conflicts with the mod is the map camera , is that correct?
    I also created custom units balanced for DIV and I added into the population script as well and I was wondering if this might affect the reforms in the game , cause presently I had the first Roman reform and I cannot recruit the late triarii , hastatii units etc , can this be the reason? They are not even recruit able in the pool ?
    Thank you

Patrician

Only battle camera mods are compatible but camera mods that also include campaign camera are not compatible.