Page 104 of 110 FirstFirst ... 45479949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2190

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Centenarius

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.6 - Updated July 17

Congrats team for a job well done. Thank you for all your hard work.

AWESOME!!! Thank you all so much! Really looking forward to spinning this up.

I have a question about the patch notes. It states the below

"
    - Reduce killing power of infantry charge, units with expert charge defense can effectively counter charges.
    "

I was wondering if this means that expert charge defense was not removed. In the thread about 1.2.5b release KAM mentioned removing it because it was causing charge interruption from the rear which was not intended.

Cant wait to download and see if calvary is gonna be a little more electric with the horse changes

Civis

awesome. thanks for all your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by texass View Post
    AWESOME!!! Thank you all so much! Really looking forward to spinning this up.

I have a question about the patch notes. It states the below

"
    - Reduce killing power of infantry charge, units with expert charge defense can effectively counter charges.
    "

I was wondering if this means that expert charge defense was not removed. In the thread about 1.2.5b release KAM mentioned removing it because it was causing charge interruption from the rear which was not intended.

Cant wait to download and see if calvary is gonna be a little more electric with the horse changes
    Correct expert charge defense was not removed. We had removed it about a week prior to release but after testing it was decided that we would re-add it for now until it could be better worked out. KAM would be able to detail better.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Huge congrats on the new version release!

Starting the game today (using steam version of the mod), I see the unit stats have changed massively (or sth broke on my game?).
    I am somewhere around turn 300 in my Rome campaign and got the imperial reforms some time ago, so am updating/ recruiting new units.

Can it be that the armour values and charge bonus values have been dropped significantly, among other?

I remember looking over the stats of legionaries with extra armour (legionarii clibanariorum) and being impressed with an armour rating of sth like 124, now looking at them that rating is 46 (still on the higher end of the scale though).

Also saw that my Ala Legionaria got moved from melee cav to shock cav (is there no longer a melee cav class?)

Just out of interest, wanted to make sure my game didn't break in terms of stats after so many turns into a successful campaign.

Many thanks

Yes, if you read the patch notes or check out the beta or see the previous experimental battle pack you will notice all the battle changes.

Amazing mod!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ocalp-TW View Post
    Huge congrats on the new version release!

Starting the game today (using steam version of the mod), I see the unit stats have changed massively (or sth broke on my game?).
    I am somewhere around turn 300 in my Rome campaign and got the imperial reforms some time ago, so am updating/ recruiting new units.

Can it be that the armour values and charge bonus values have been dropped significantly, among other?

I remember looking over the stats of legionaries with extra armour (legionarii clibanariorum) and being impressed with an armour rating of sth like 124, now looking at them that rating is 46 (still on the higher end of the scale though).

Also saw that my Ala Legionaria got moved from melee cav to shock cav (is there no longer a melee cav class?)

Just out of interest, wanted to make sure my game didn't break in terms of stats after so many turns into a successful campaign.

Many thanks
    Yes, all of that it intended as I fixed quite a bit of issues with how game calculates combat stuff and how AI reads certain entries.

For example, when all melee cav got moved to shock class, it will flank more and cycle charge, instead of doing pointless frontal charge into spears and staying in melee for long time.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yes, all of that it intended as I fixed quite a bit of issues with how game calculates combat stuff and how AI reads certain entries.

For example, when all melee cav got moved to shock class, it will flank more and cycle charge, instead of doing pointless frontal charge into spears and staying in melee for long time.
    Thanks for clarifying, played a long session yesterday continuing my campaign and it plays beautifully as ever. Thanks so much for all the effort you are putting into this, greatly appreciated!

Semisalis

Is there an explanation of exactly how to unlock the reforms that require me to own specific cities? The Median Imperial reforms say "Imperial reforms happen after securing traditional Persian lands and after turn 200" but does not specify what exactly the game considers to be traditional Persian lands. I'm guessing that includes Mada and Parthava provinces, what about Parsa and Karmania? Any others?

If I remember its Nisa, Seleukeia and Parsa (Persepolis). I will update the guide.

Guys with all due respect What have you Done? You just copied sassanids and pasted them in atropatkan. i mean dihqan? aswaran? Gonde shahanshah? Kamandaran shahvar? Really? And why did you downgrade parthia

If you want to read the reasons behind the Media update in our preview you will see the reforms are bordering on a what if scenario for that faction in many ways and have requirements befitting that (and was designed to be proto-sassanid). We did nothing to Parthia other than some appearance upgrades as far as I know, so I don't know what you mean there. Maybe a bit more explanation in your question would be helpful. Also, prefacing something with all due respect basically means you are about to show none.

This update has been publicized and in a beta format for almost 6 months and has been well received for that time period and post-release. If you would like to do some research on the changes and the process that has produced them, please see the above linked preview.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 01, 2020 at 03:00 PM.

Patrician

Parthia was not downgraded, it was actually buffed as it got cheaper horse archers and even stronger late cataphracts in terms of stats.

Great job guys but my one problem is that you basically replaced atropatkan with sassanids. care to elaborate?

Then let me Tell you something i am a Student of history and I live in iran and beacuse of everything you did thus far with this great work of yours im very thankful and truly have a lot if respect for you(and unfortunately beacuse of problems with sanctions and doller i cant Show this in any other way, sorry Really) i didnt saw that post you mentioned my fault but i am absolutely sure about historical inacurracy of this Update for example gondi shahanshah was created by khowsro II and it has nothing to do with medians

Patrician

Media did not get any reforms before as they never rose to be a major power but they do as a player.

To quote the preview:
    "For a late reform I went with a sort of proto-Sassanid theme. Due to the speculative nature of this, we decided to postpone it to the very late game. A historical Sassanid revolt against the Parthians started in Parsa, with Media eventually being integrated into the new state. Both rulers of Parsa and Media claimed to be descendants of the Achaemenid dynasty. As a player, your goal is to bring back the glory of the old Persian empire and unite long lost lands. In order to trigger the final reform, you need to conquer Nisa, Persepolis and Seleukia (future Ctesiphon) and have a minimum of 200 turns passed. "

Late reform should be treated as sort of reward by player since most will win campaign before even reaching it and even if you do, you will only have these units for very last turns. Gond i Shahanshah was used for elite Dylamite infantry because it was only recorded name I could find but I can easily change it if there is more fitting one.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I honestly like if some fictional/possibly realistic elements are added.
    The campaign starts at 278 bc but no one is saying that 50 years later the world must be exactly as it has been historically.
    Rome 2 is a game for building alternative scenarios at the end.

Hi Gents, I want to report strange Battle AI behaviour with latest version.
    Playing as Roxolani turn 167 no other mods installed. I olny had a fix patch for the previous version but uninstalled it after upgrading through Steam.

Normal difficulty for campaign and battle. I attacked a full stack of Galatians in a fort ( full infantry with only cavalry being the General unit) with two roughly half stacks of Roxolani . One half stack full of medium spears, a few archers and with general the other half stack full of various horse archers unit.
    The Galatians had a mix of heavy/medium spears and infantry with a few javelins units. They left the fort and made the battle lines in front of it facing my infantry. My cavalry enter the map on the other side of the fort. I moved my general (horse archers) to try to lure out their general as he was positioned close to their left flank after a few shots their whole battle line moved towards my infantry. They stopped at a javelin range from my battle line. Their first line was a mix of spears and heavy infantry second line was javelins and third medium spears with general in the rear. They stayed there for a whole battle not engageing my infantry. I moved my missle cavalry in their rear to attack their general and he run towards the right side of the map away from his infantry so he was an easy picking. My cavalry was running like 10 meters away from their infantry without them doing anything. Then I positioned my missle cavalry in their rear and started shooting at their backs they didn't even try to face my cavalry they just stood there taking all the arrows in their backs while looking at my infantry line. Pretty much an execution.

This didn't happen in previous versions of the mod. I will keep playing and see if this continues. I'm also at war with Royal Scythians so interesting how this plays out as well.

Fort battles often cause weird AI behavior - assuming you mean fort and not a siege? Those fort maps are odd sometimes. But that does sound bizarre.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 02, 2020 at 03:06 PM.