Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED JAN 21

Yeah, unfortunately its an issue in vanilla that is probably made worse in DeI by all of our custom scripts and systems. Its best to disband units first and as Cleeon says move the general/end turn before disbanding him.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED JAN 13

Hello. Some stuff I noticed:
    -Unit losing all it's movement points when ordered to move while In "patrol" stance and then restated in normal mode
    -Very weird confederation behaviours. We have blood ties, >+200 relations, i owe >20 provinces and they 1, trade and defence pacts, 1 common war enemy. They refuse to join even for my 15000 payment.
    -If I put a country leader in capitol it gives close to none bonuses and he experiences very slowly, so there is no much point in using him such way - At a start of the campaign he is needed as an army and later he is already experienced and more useful as a army leader.
    -When I put several Governors in one province at working stance they are doing some weird manipulations with an income - Looks like it depends on the order of who is the last one to be activated and his bonus would be an active one - Does that stack, or only passive bonuses do?
    P.S.: Independently of our further conversation, you guys made a beautiful thing and I am happy to experience it. You have my gratitude.
    '_'/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeandream View Post
    -Very weird confederation behaviours.
    We have a long relations and they refuse me for a lot of turns and therefore it happens in different conditions. Also we have common borders and I owe provinces their settlements are part of.
    However some factions did confederate with me at the start of the campaign.
    Yes, I changed mod versions as they were available.
    (Maybe there is a limit on number of confederating factions under one country?)
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 28, 2019 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes, this is a bug in the base game too sometimes especially with starting generals/agents. Sometimes you have to disband the units first.
    yes that`s right, happened to me quite a few times too

Update and Some more stuff I noticed:
    $one of those confederation guys finally agreed only for 25000 gold lol, another still in denial - I owe 1/4 of the world and he has 1 city...
    aniway
    -Households disappear sometimes when removed from generals (happened to Warhorse, Alexander's sword and some "slave master" for example);
    -The household "...something... aunt" misses any traits, has only a description about some mother and a portrait of an old lady;
    -ports doesn't provide garrisons they are promising.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I've never enjoyed playing a campaign so much since RSII. This is fantastic.

Currently playing Rome. Sparta's main building chain lists "Higher Reform Level needed". Is that a bug, or working as intended? I'm currently on the Polybian Reforms.

Working as intended. Sparta's main building should unlock after the Greek Thorax Reforms.

Actually, I think right now only Sparta can upgrade their main city to tier 3 since it represents their agoge reformed.

Ok, thanks. I never saw any of the Greek AI reforms fire, so that's probably why I can't upgrade it. (I'm on turn 170 or so now).

Playing as Macedon (Antigonades ?) I'm using your new beta CAI but I can't get anyone to trade with me (after many turns ) and only one faction gives a non-aggression treaty. This is on h/n and I haven't broken any treaty.
    Otherwise excellent game.

I'm experiencing some heavy stutters on major siege battles. 40 sets of troops vs 40 in big cities. I'll be at 60 frames and then it drops down below thirty. Sometimes even as low as 5. Then it starts going back to 60. I'm not sure how to go about fixing that. Since if it is a graphics issue I wouldn't be able to run a solid 60 in all other battles and instead of stutter it would just be a constant low frames.

Quote Originally Posted by OscarJuliet View Post
    I'm experiencing some heavy stutters on major siege battles. 40 sets of troops vs 40 in big cities. I'll be at 60 frames and then it drops down below thirty. Sometimes even as low as 5. Then it starts going back to 60. I'm not sure how to go about fixing that. Since if it is a graphics issue I wouldn't be able to run a solid 60 in all other battles and instead of stutter it would just be a constant low frames.
    What's your computer specs?

Anyone has issues with the launcher? When I want to activate a mod (or deactivate) it instantly crashes...

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    What's your computer specs?
    I was reading somewhere that others were having the problem too. Can't remember where but here it is:
    i7 3770k
    gtx 1060 6gb
    16gb ram

for the ones that matter

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2 - UPDATED JAN 28

Updated 1.2.08 January 28
    Updated Part 1 Only
    All updates save compatible
    To update, simply download part 1 again and overwrite it in your Rome 2 data directory

Battle Changes
    - Many stat fixes for various units.
    - Scordisci units slightly buffed in some places, assigned proper hoplite/pike behaviour to phalanx using units
    - Ranged damage slightly nerfed
    - Added base armour of 1, increased armour value of 2 to 3 - for balance sake it is easier to manage damage if there is any armour present at all.
    - Animation entry fixes here and there
    - Ekdromoi Hoplites function as "Chase" hoplites, which was their historical role. They do not use phalanx but run very fast and have good charge.
    - Attribute changes here and there
    - Levy and regular barbarian units have much more chaotic spacing
    - Arrow towers have slightly more arrows per volley and bigger range
    - Small tweaks to fatigue system
    - Units in woods have slightly better cover from projectiles
    - Cavalry charge slightly buffed

Campaign AI Overhaul
    - Lots of changes to campaign AI settings, see this thread for details: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?747461
    - This will affect AI in save games (hopefully for the better)

Balancing/changes
    - Changed Eastern forum market building to be a food building since they already have the spice market building.
    - Added 2 new loading screens (thanks Tene!)
    - Increased starting celtic culture in germania minor (new campaign only)
    - Increased starting hellenic culture slightly in narbonensis (new campaign only)
    - Increased money gained from sacking.
    - Changed bonus ammunition effects to only affect missile units.
    - Lowered imperium diplomacy penalties a bit for lower/mid imperium levels.
    - Small reduction to attrition while sieging for attacker.
    - Small reduction to foreign culture PO negative at lowest imperium levels.
    - Small increase to income at lowest imperium levels to help small faction starts.
    - Added/fixed various unit cards.
    - Increased army cap by 2 at higher imperium levels.
    - Increased navy cap by 1 at higher imperium levels.
    - Lowered amount of battles required to level up political rank.

Smaller fixes

- Fixed Panormos emergent faction using Rome army names.
    - Fixed Pergamon thorax hoplites missing phalanx ability.
    - Changed Syracuse ruling party name to Hieronid.
    - Changed starting Syracuse general name (new campaign only)
    - Fixed incorrect text for one of Chiefdom government type's influence levels.
    - Fixed a sword attribute group having the wrong hide type associated (grass instead of forest)
    - Fixed Atropatkan roster missing ballista entries, fixed some mistakes in their recruitment entries
    - Removed some vanilla naked troops from celtic rosters.
    - Fixed stats for Massilian heavy marines.
    - Fixed various african factions using eastern naval units, fixed their descriptions.
    - Reverted Pella back to a normal major city for now due to a strange battle map bug (new campaign only).
    - Fixed some minor faction character/navy skills
    - Fixed pergamon ascelpius building missing effects
    - Fixed special ports not properly acting as supply line centers.
    - Fixed a Massilian unit missing from reforms.
    - Fixed Rorarii missing in roman custom battle roster.
    - Fixed Edetani and Lusitani missing AOR unit permissions.
    - Fixed minor townships variants being too high priced.
    - Fixed iberian garrison swords missing javelin models.
    - Added armor to Thracian peltasts, improved shields of an AOR unit.
    - Fixed bug where returning general to statesmen would level up his rank.
    - Fixed incorrect recruitment settings for Massalian hoplites and Thorax hoplites.

So does this update include your campaign mod? In case if it is then I should delete it and only stick with these updates.

I downloaded 1.2 two days ago and I can only say Wow! The battles are GREAT, campaign is much more dynamic, and I have never had so many setbacks before. Bravo DEI team Bravo! I dont need to play Warhammer anymore lol.
    Last edited by chriswhr; January 28, 2017 at 04:10 PM.

Really nice list of changes, great work!

@chris Yes this update includes the CAI overhaul

Quote Originally Posted by OscarJuliet View Post
    I also have this problem in battles involving more than 20 vs 20. The battle starts out fine but as the fight begins and ladders reach the walls all of the units get choppy and they stutter, but my fps remains solid. I can move the camera around smoothly and issue orders but the units do not respond and it is very hard to control. I disabled DEI and G.E.M. and played the same battle on Vanilla and everything ran fine. Not sure but I am thinking it is related to the new battle AI going haywire in large scale battles. It is such a shame because this is the greatest mod of all time, but the stuttering makes large battles unplayable.

My specs are:
    i5 6300hq
    gtx 960m
    8gb ram

I'm having difficulty getting the mod to start. Sorry, this is probably just a stupid mistake from me - it is my first time installing a mod on Rome 2.

I downloaded the mod files today.

I transferred both of the pack files to the data folder.

I downloaded Mitch's Mod Manager from the TW Center Rome II workshop - which I assume is the one we're meant to use.

When booting the Mod Manager it recognises the two separate parts and has them checked (I don't have any other mods installed or in the R2TW folders). They each display '348 conflicts' next to them, but I assume that is normal.

When I press the Launch button in the Mod Manager a Steam popup appears that states 'Total War Rome 2 is attempting to launch with the optional parameters shown below: "1"'. I click ok and Steam thinks about launching it for a few moments but then nothing happens.

Rome 2 launches as normal and with no problems (but with no mod) if I launch directly from Steam or from the exe file.

Any ideas?