Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 32843444546474849505152535455565758596061626378103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2190

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.2f - Updated December 23

I can lower it for next patch, it is not that important for me.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.2f - Updated December 23

would you know if it were possible to reduce the knockback/-down distance and force?
    Because if so, it would be better then simply reducing the chance of it happening.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I am not sure, sometimes I think they go further but that might be palcebo effect.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post

Ok, a bit morbid before Christmas lunch, but, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the decapitation and leg severing animations. I'm no expert, but, could it be proposed, that these animations are unrealistic? For example, I have heard accounts, albeit secondary, that, at public executions (medieval period), it could take several blows to decapitate the condemned person? For example, again from a secondary source, at the execution of Mary Queen of Scots, the axeman had to strike three times, before decapitation. Consequently, could it be argued, a soldier, severing a head, in one blow, using one arm, is a little too clean and, thus, unrealistic? In addition, I was wondering if the same arguement could be applied to the animation, where a soldier gets his leg cut clean off, in similar fashion. I can imagine it could to an arm, but, a leg, seems, again, unrealistic. What do you think (anyone else, for that matter)?
    Imprisonment and public executions of your political opponents would be a cool implementation. Don't think there has been anything like this since medieval 1. My guess is it would be something only CA could introduce to the political system? A choice whether to decapitate them one handed or two handed would be even cooler.

In addition, I was wondering if the same arguement could be applied to the animation, where a soldier gets his leg cut clean off, in similar fashion. I can imagine it could to an arm, but, a leg, seems, again, unrealistic.

Come on! You must have seen Braveheart or Monty Pythons And The Holy Grail?
    Last edited by largejack; December 31, 2017 at 02:02 PM.

Hi,

a question because of the region growth. I often never get the full possibilities to build. After the five slot it just stops. When i look into the description everything is great, positive modifiers but growth = zero. What iam making false? Tried different strategies and different buildings, no taxes and things like that, but no clue. Is it part of the mod that its impossible to get all slots in some provinces?

Various provinces have different max buildings in the game

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

UltimateTobi's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Vernichter View Post
    Hi,

a question because of the region growth. I often never get the full possibilities to build. After the five slot it just stops. When i look into the description everything is great, positive modifiers but growth = zero. What iam making false? Tried different strategies and different buildings, no taxes and things like that, but no clue. Is it part of the mod that its impossible to get all slots in some provinces?
    Province Capitals with no sea connection have 5 building slots (including main building). Region Settlements with no sea connection have 3 building slots (including main building). Everything else, that has a sea connection, has 6 and 4 building slots respectively.

thanks.Maybe a short description would be usefull. So i tried many ways to get my 6 slot for Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernichter View Post
    thanks.Maybe a short description would be usefull. So i tried many ways to get my 6 slot for Rome.
    The way provinces work is just part of the base game, not anything DEI does. The game does show you an empty slot in any province where growth can still get you additional building slots.

It's a an icon with a white background and 4 arrows going on each direction. There's a number in the bottom right corner that tells you how much population surplus you need before you can use that slot. When you more over it, there's a tooltip with more information.

Yes the UI is not very intuitive but what you're asking for is already in the game.

Nekro_TWH's Avatar Foederatus

This is maybe the best modd i have ever installed! Keep up the good work guys

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera - Download link - 1.2 Released!

Update Notes 1.2.2g January 8
    *Only Part 1 updated
    *Save game compatible unless otherwise noted

Battle Changes/Fixes
    - Additional tweaks to pikes to improve frontal toughness and kills.
    - Improved battle camera, allowing it to go lower and higher
    - Tweaks to short pike phalanx and barbarian shieldwall
    - Multiple unit stat/attribute/spacing fixes
    - Additional tweaks to initial power bar calculation
    - Readded spear square, currently only for Triarii
    - Tweaks to unit experience system, it is easier to get higher experience levels but bonuses are now working differently to be more with the new stat system. This means that maxed out units are less OP, while still being much stronger. Also each level now grants different bonuses to stats, while first exp level will give melee attack, melee defence and morale (and reload skill if ranged), second will give only attack and morale, third only defence and morale etc.
    - Celtic chariots improved but they will get more work in the future
    - Multiple tweaks to morale system, losing a general has a bit bigger impact on the AI now while again morale penalties were moved more in favour of local factors than global factors (for example if enemy left and center were routed but on the right wing AI has 3 elite guard units left, that did not suffer much losses or got tired, they will be able to still stand against you, as often happened in history, while levy units might not hold in same situation). Larger penalties for losing a general also puts bigger emphasis on units with disciplined trait as it cancels penalty for losing commander.
    - Lightly armoured dedicated shock units like Heroic Swords or Iberian Champions have increased damage assigned to their weapons. Hopefully this will make them stand out more compared to other troops.
    - Cavalry has speed value visible on their UI as their speed is assigned per round numbers, while infantry speed can't be displayed properly due to UI issue. This will also help with assigning correct cavalry speed in the future.
    - Fixed stat bonus for hollow square.
    - Added formation attack to Massalian Romanized unit.
    - Changed Suebi berserker animation to fix bug with missing weapons.
    - Renamed Weapon Deadliness to Armor Penetration

Naval/Transport Changes
    - Removed most of the sea sickness effect on transports to try to fix the issue with AI suiciding its armies as transports into navies. Ram damage is still reduced.
    - Increased naval unit stats to compensate, added negative effect ("land sickness") for naval units fighting on land.
    - Improved patrol stance piracy reduction effect.
    - Added reduced piracy effect to military wharfs and increased piracy effect for trade/food ports.

Politics
    - Removed a base negative to political events triggering. This may also help with the failure rate of statesmen missions.
    - Added increased influence effect to political ranks and faction leader traits.
    - Added increased loyalty and influence to various Philosophy technologies for all factions.

Other Fixes/Changes
    - Added some updated unit cards for Armenia and Boii (thanks to sourav!)
    - Fixed unuseable building slots in HatG campaign and IA campaign (new campaign only)
    - Fixed auxiliary barracks in Empire Divided and IA campaign missing garrisons.
    - Fixed HatG Massilia chapter mission text (new campaign only)
    - Fixed HatG Carthage characters sometimes starting in wrong party (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Magna Graecia emergent faction flag.
    - Changed wrong starting unit for Parthia in IA campaign and some starting unit sizes (new campaign only)
    - Made trade agreements a bit easier to get.
    - Reverted some CAI attack decision changes now that the suiciding AI/autoresolve bug is fixed.
    - Changed some CAI settings for HatG and CiG Rome to make them match GC Rome settings.
    - Changed emergent faction Sophene's culture to Armenian (new campaign only)
    - Fixed some building requirements for victory conditions in Empire Divided campaign (new campaign only)
    - Fixed some Pontic units not being properly available in IA campaign.
    - Swapped appearances for 2 Baktrian garrison units to better match their stats/roles.
    - Fixed banditry negative on tier 2/3 eastern guard building.
    - Fixed text under wealth/income heading labelled corruption instead of empire maintenance.
    - Increased public order bonus from Roman auxiliary barracks.
    - Fixed issue with public land chain for eastern factions.
    - Added negative banditry effects to 3 Governor skills: Demagogue, Farming Expert and Military Governor
    - Fixed various IA Iberian regions missing regional recruitment tags (new campaign only)
    - Fixed missing description for Illyrian garrison unit.
    - Changed Marian ships to have same hitpoints as pre-Marian ships.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.2g - Updated January 8

This update is hot. Get your hands on it guys.

Decanus

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.2g - Updated January 8

Awesome! Also, shouldn't the naval units on land penalty be called........"sea legs"?

CAN'T WAIT TO TRY OUT THE PIKES!

Oooh I like that The effect actually doesnt have any in-game name, its hidden.

Every patch is massive and sweet, honestly at this pace we will create another game lol

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Hih, interesting notes. What do you guys plan to do with chariots? They are still kind of a mystery to be in game. If only dismouting were possible...

Jim_Riley's Avatar Libertus

Digging the new battle camera. Much more cinematic and interesting than before. Makes taking screenshots a lot easier

Excellent patch, mod keeps getting better and better!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Hih, interesting notes. What do you guys plan to do with chariots? They are still kind of a mystery to be in game. If only dismouting were possible...
    Sadly I think the engine itself limits a lot of what can be done with them.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    I think that Chariots were always problematic. In Vanilla game are much much worse.

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Sadly, even with your efforts the AI transport ships attacks are still here to bug us! a full post-marian legion on transporrts attacked apollonia were i had a fleet full of veterans and a big garrison. 120 lost men for me, romans wiped out completely in 5 mins. in auto resolved the bar was little above midle in my favor. when enter the battle the bar showed that i had no chances at all.