Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 252779293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2190

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.5a - Updated September 30

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler101 View Post
    Any estimated time? I wanted to wait for an update before starting new campaign.
    surely before the new year (most probably, Dresden will know more) but if I were you and if you wanna play just play the current version. Next one won't have many changes and it will be technically save game compatible (probably, Dresden will know more).

Quote Originally Posted by Senticon View Post
    Why Steam ver. has 3 parts and TWC - two? Why not one file for TWC anyway? And as those two parts show bunch of conflicts in the launcher, it somewhat tingles my OCD. Is it okay, or even advised to merge two parts into one with, say, PFM? Or better not to?...
    Steam: steam has 3 parts 'cause you can't upload large packs and so it has been divided into 3
    TWC: twc has 2 files 'cause the first one contains db, txt, ui, scripts (so things sensible to changes) while the second one has startpos, textures, models (less sensible to changes). They are not conflicts, they are overwritings, so everything is fine. You can merge them but there is no reason to do it 'cause nothing will change.
    If you haven't already done it, revert to old manager: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.5a - Updated September 30

^ thanks for clarifying!

Is the Caesar in Gaul campaign supported by the mod? Because I tried it, and when the second army (near Tolosa) crossed the border to attack some Gauls up north, it suddenly became extremely slow. So slow that if this army wasn't at the edge of the control zone of the city, it couldn't move enough to reach the city and siege it. Is this a bug, or a feature related to the supply mechanics?

It shouldn't run any differently from other campaigns. It should actually run better since the map is smaller and it has less reforms.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I wasn't talking about the game. Sorry, that wasn't clear. It is the action points of this particular army which were reduced. The army's campaign range was so low that I couldn't siege the city unless I was on the edge of its zone of control. It was when I crossed the border and entered the enemy lands, in the territory I owned it was fine. And it wasn't the Alps (because I know it's supposed to be slow here).

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Yeah, I was playing this campaign recently and that's true that during the winter you've got to be extremely careful where you move. If you get stuck in the middle of the forested area during the winter then the attrition will wipe out your whole stack before the spring comes. Initially, that was a bit annoying to me, too, but when you think about that's actually very realistic. The following things you should bear in mind;

* Caesar in Gaul is 24 turns per year campaign so the winter takes the whole 6 months and in many areas it's really harsh
    * The map is much more zoomed in so if there is a large forested area it may take multiple turns to cross it. You must therefore plan in advance and make sure that if you need to cross it them you won't be caught by the winter in the process
    * Thus, try to campaign in accordance with the seasons, setting of in the spring and pulling back for the winter.
    * Stay on the roads as much as possible.
    * Any artillery within your army stack will slow it down even further.
    * While buffing up the movement points is always a good idea in each possible campaign, I've found it even more significant to do so in Caesar in Gaul. Buff your generals with the skills that give them extra movement and give them the appropriate ancillaries if you get any. The same applies to your agents that you can deploy together with the army and they will increase its movement points if they have the required skills. From what I remember, there is also one technology that boosts significantly the movement points, so try to research it asap.
    * The supply carts might help, too. Though, I didn't test them properly in that campaign so I'm not 100% sure.

It wasn't in winter though. https://i.imgur.com/qjkLhZJ.png

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

well that's surely weird, I've checked and I don't see anything different for that campaign movement.
    you may have something conflicting without even knowing it

try to use one of these packs (the higher the number the higher you can move), it will take effect from next turn
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ozhi0...ement.zip/file

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.5b - Updated December 31

1.2.5b Fix Update December 31
    *Only Part 1 Updated
    *Save Game Compatible

New Alexander Submod Update (Preview)
    - Marshals of Alexander released! Special historical characters now available for recruitment.
    - Some additions to Persian roster.
    - Alexander should now only be wounded in battles rather than killed (new campaign only)

Battle Changes
    - Added AI bracing for infantry without ranged weapons.
    - Lowered the power of elephant and cavalry charge
    - Shield melee defence increased by 1, missile block chance increased by 5%
    - Lowered overall morale penalties for casualties, increased morale penalty when 75% of starting troops are either routed or dead
    - Fixed game bug where elephants without towers have 50% of HP of elephants with towers

Supply System Changes
    The changes here are intended to make the supply system a bit more meaningful and impactful during campaigns.
    - Slightly lowered the base resupply values and total supply caps for all regions.
    - Increased supply consumption, especially when an army is foraging (making supply lines more important).
    - Decreased starting supply values in all regions (new campaigns only)

RoR Rosters
    - Changed the Nuragic roster in the RoR campaign to use their own units rather than Celtic units.
    - Updated various units in Roman, Italian and Greek rosters to use some of the newer assets.

New Belgic Remi Heavy Cavalry Unit
    - New unit added to the Nervii roster in CiG and the Grand Campaign.
    - Preview of the new unit can be seen here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Other Changes/Fixes

- Fixed various ancillaries missing proper database entries from vanilla. Hopefully fixes some of the issues where ancillaries get assigned but don't show up.
    - Updated Rome, Ardiaei, Cimbri and various other unit cards.
    - Changed various effects for agent background skills to remove old/unused effects.
    - Changed Athens AOR unit from Thorax to Thureos to better match the local roster.
    - Fixed Caledonian heavy horse unit not being recruitable in campaign.
    - Small buff to barbarian war hall and port building effects.
    - Added new text tooltips for unit upgrade button to better help explain the system.
    - Fixed various bodyguard units missing proper unit sets so that attributes will properly work on them.
    - Slightly lowered CAI budget for navies.
    - Fixed the commander trait giving ammunition bonuses to non-missile troop types.
    - Fixed Numidians being able to recruit Ethiopian Spearmen unit.
    - Lowered diplomatic bonus from releasing troops (previously set too high)
    - Fixed some starting Seleucid and Ardiaei generals being able to recruit the wrong bodyguard units (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Etruscan marines missing javelins and 2 nomad units missing leggings.

Credits
    - Thanks yet again to sourav for all the unit card work!
    - KAM for all the hard work on battles and generally keeping me sane.
    - Seleukos and Jake for the amazing work on the new Marshals update!

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.5b - Updated December 31

and so the year started with the best expectations

Thanks for the update and Happy New Year to the DEI team and the community

Quote Originally Posted by Nochyan View Post
    Thanks for the update and Happy New Year to the DEI team and the community
    i echo these sentiments
    Last edited by FrontierWolf; January 01, 2020 at 05:49 AM. Reason: error

Hm, seems ancillaries are still unruly, I missed on the head and the boots so far

I asked this in the other thread but didn't receive an answer, so I'll try again here:

Any news on the Athens unit reskins?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Not yet, they will be shown once they are done.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I am using the emperor version of the game updated to 2.0 which I think is compatible? Anyway I am having a problem I cannot find the mod manager when I launch the game.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You have it every time you start game on steam.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Senator

Is this the right place to ask when the Empire Divided and Rise of the Republic campaigns are going to be fully DEI'ifed (it's a word!)
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.

Its been asked about 10000 times The issue here is that both of these are outside the mod's time frame and, therefore, would require basically 2 new overhaul mods made.

ED - I don't know when, if ever that will happen. Its possible some Constantine or other resources may be adapted here (there is a submod that does this already)

RoR - Most of the rosters have been updated to be what they will be for the future, I don't know of any plans to do more there for now.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its been asked about 10000 times The issue here is that both of these are outside the mod's time frame and, therefore, would require basically 2 new overhaul mods made.

ED - I don't know when, if ever that will happen. Its possible some Constantine or other resources may be adapted here (there is a submod that does this already)

RoR - Most of the rosters have been updated to be what they will be for the future, I don't know of any plans to do more there for now.
    Hi Dresden, thanks for replying ! I really love the work you've done for the mod, and have been constantly impressed and astounded by the work you've done. In particular, the way you've made Rome work and the unique & historical Auxiliaries for them work is fantastic, so I was hoping that this would be extended for these other timeframes and campaigns. Which I understand is a lot of effort, but please appreciate that this is coming from a love for you and yours work rather then anything else.

You mentioned a submod for Empire Divided. Any idea where I can find this?
    If I had to choose between betraying my friends and betraying my country, I hope I would have the guts to betray my country.