Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 5176919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2190

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.5 - Updated August 3

hey guys,

Pretty new to this so im just wondering how i go about installing this - i already have rome 2 total war installed (sparta edition) via steam - which part do i need to download for the divide et impera mod to work? i would also like the alexander campaign - is this a seperate mod that needs to be added over the top of divide et impera or does it come with it?

cheers in advance.

You have 2 choices. If you use the Steam version, you need to subscribe to the 3 mod parts in the Steam workshop, found from the link in the first thread. Then just make sure they are activated in the mod manager. To do that, when you play the game a launcher will come up. Click Mods and make sure they are checked green.

The other option is the non-steam version which means you download the 2 mod parts from the first thread here and unzip them into the data folder for the game. Then, run the mod manager and activate them (make sure to "enable out of date mods" also).

Alexander is a submod, so you would need to subscribe or download that as well separately and make sure it is also activated, loaded before the main mod in the mod manager load order.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You have 2 choices. If you use the Steam version, you need to subscribe to the 3 mod parts in the Steam workshop, found from the link in the first thread. Then just make sure they are activated in the mod manager. To do that, when you play the game a launcher will come up. Click Mods and make sure they are checked green.

The other option is the non-steam version which means you download the 2 mod parts from the first thread here and unzip them into the data folder for the game. Then, run the mod manager and activate them (make sure to "enable out of date mods" also).

Alexander is a submod, so you would need to subscribe or download that as well separately and make sure it is also activated, loaded before the main mod in the mod manager load order.
    So will the mod manager always pop up before the game starts every time?

The launcher always pops up, which has the mod manager.

A quick question. How do I tell I have updated my Dei mod to the latest. I am using steam version btw. It seems it automatically updates. The release note says there is resource "amber" in northern Germany, but I couldn't find it. Btw, is Kimbroz same as Cimbri? So I am confused on whether my Dei is up to date or not. Any tips?

Steam is updated yes. It happens automatically for players.

The amber resource is in the northeast corner of the Germanic area, you can see it on the resources map in the guides thread. Its a regional resource so it comes from the region effects.

Hey Dresden,

Minor request but I thought i'd ask -- I just finished a great book on Kleomenes III and I wanted to play a Spartan run through in your Macedonian Wars campaign. Has the missing javelin for the Spartan thureophoroi swordsman unit been fixed? And if so, is it something I, a layman, could do? It is minor but they're a big part of the roster at the first reform level!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

It is not yet fixed but all you need to do is to find them in land_units table and just add them 1 ammo in ammo column.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Okay i'll try that, thanks Kam.

Game of the Fates
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.

From their entry I wasn't sure if they were supposed to have them - their animation, ranged entry etc suggests not. If we are talking about the Allied Thureos Sword unit (Gre Periokoi Sword)

Oh really? I just assumed they would, every other thureos sword unit does.

Anyhow no worries if not -- I took kam's advice and added it. No trouble, very easy.

Thanks again.

Game of the Fates

Is there any point to upgrade buildings over level 2??? It seems like a never ending balancing game to keep building... But penalties are not worthy. So it looks like it's better just to keep it at lower tiers. Am I wrong?

In some provinces it may be better, but in others with specific region bonuses and buildings working together you can generate a ton of income if done properly.

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    Is there any point to upgrade buildings over level 2??? It seems like a never ending balancing game to keep building... But penalties are not worthy. So it looks like it's better just to keep it at lower tiers. Am I wrong?
    I've noticed this too and usually keep most of my buildings, especially the main building slot to just around tier 2 until the later game. I always have a never ending battle between positive and negative public order and i dont want armies just to sit in a town to keep the order all game long.

Quote Originally Posted by gangster19 View Post
    Depends on the faction and the building imo. Some like the Roman L4 arena are well worth it (+24 PO for -11 food with cultural income), similarly the L4 delicatessen (province capital food building) gives +17 food and -12 banditry for only -12 PO. I try and build those in almost every Roman provincial capital.

Temples are also often worth upgrading as the bonuses grow much faster than the income penalties. For Rome, L2 temple of Mercury gives +5% income bonus for -6% tax reduction, L4 gives +20% income bonus for -10% tax reduction, with higher PO, sanitation and culture bonuses, and this is the same for most factions and variants. Pretty much all temples get much more powerful as they grow.

Town and city centres are also generally worth pushing to L4, due to the associated resources and / or bonus to all income as well as the stronger garrisons. Same for commercial ports, particularly in seas you control so piracy penalties are much lower anyway.

With other buildings it's often a question of maluses against bonuses for the building and region, and what synergies you can get. In Latium, for example, you can build three commerce generating resource buildings in the three minor settlements, as well as two provincial capitals which give maritime commerce, getting a total of around 5,000 commerce at L4. Then build the L4 wine trader for a 15% commerce bonus, control PO with the circus maximus and control banditry with an L4 delicatessen and grain silos. It's a beast of a region, and you can use up the surplus PO through commercial stimulation which increases the slave population, and thus gives an even higher income bonus.

Other regions not so much, particularly regions with only two settlements - you often won't get enough buildings to make the bonuses worthwhile so it can make sense to leave everything at L2 other than the city centres, circus and delicatessen. But always, imo, push the PO and food buildings in the province capital to maximum, along with the city centres, then see if you can fit anything else.
    Last edited by Swarbs; September 23, 2019 at 04:09 AM.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.5a - Updated September 30

1.2.5a Fix Update September 30
    *Only Part 1 Updated
    *Save game compatible

Battle Changes
    - Lowered a bit cavalry and elephant mass for charge damage calculation
    - Changed stats of Illyrian cav and some infantry units
    - Buffed stats of Arverni and Nervi cavalry
    - Fixed wrong horses assigned to Cimbri cavalry (from light to medium and heavy horses)

Other Changes/Fixes
    - Added new Rome, Pergamon, Seleucid, Medewi and Sparta unit cards from sourav. Huge thanks!!
    - Fixed Illyrian Hoplite spearmen having wrong animation type.
    - Fixed a mistake in the Armenian Nakharar unit VMD file causing an issue with animations.
    - Fixed Roxolani Armored Lancers missing arms.
    - Fixed Corsica and Sardinian emergent faction rebel faction names being reversed.
    - Fixed Athenian Thureos Infantry, Infantry and Sparta Allied units being wrong pop size/class.
    - Improved effects of silk and amber road trade route regional effects. Extended silk road further toward Mesopotamia.
    - Fixed Roman and Hellenic small and large military port garrisons having the wrong sizes.
    - Fixed missing name for new Dacian special capital when held by Eastern factions.
    - Fixed Cimbri units having wrong formation type (hoplite phalanx instead of shield wall)
    - Added testudo, square and repel cavalry formations to Polybian units missing them.
    - Reduced Cimbri foot nobles armor and attack a bit.
    - Fixed German pike unit having wrong population size.
    - Added proper artillery recruitment for Getae and Ardiaei factions.
    - Updated Imperial Armored Legionaries description.
    - Fixed Cimbri not being playable in multiplayer.
    - Fixed Mercenary Scythian Armored Horse Archers having wrong unit card.
    - Changed "Release Captives" to "Ransom Captives"
    - Fixed Mac Wars Sparta having extra garrison units, added special tier 5 barracks.
    - Fixed tier 1 Illyrian Medaurus temple having wrong upkeep cost.
    - Fixed Lugii having wrong building for Victory Condition (new campaign only)
    - Removed some AOR units from Odyrssian custom battle roster to match campaign roster.

Credits
    - sourav for the wonderful unit cards! Thanks again!

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.5a - Updated September 30

Any new update on the way ?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

We are always cooking something and release it when it's ready.
    Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    We are always cooking something and release it when it's ready. Stay tuned.
    Any estimated time? I wanted to wait for an update before starting new campaign.

Why Steam ver. has 3 parts and TWC - two? Why not one file for TWC anyway? And as those two parts show bunch of conflicts in the launcher, it somewhat tingles my OCD. Is it okay, or even advised to merge two parts into one with, say, PFM? Or better not to?...